You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Soundgarden....what a truly fucking legendary band. I've been thinking for a while that Leeway are now my fave band, but when I hear this stuff and remember how insanely awesome Soundgarden actually are I'm not so sure anymore at all. Have loved them for years now, but for some mad reason I'd not heard anything from their debut album, and there's some other tracks aswell from EP's, etc. Here's a few of them anyway.

[YOUTUBE]47XXiygN0og[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]gTfH_ObSfr0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RdTJ5RFSncU[/YOUTUBE]

What a band.....it's quite a bit of a gutter to know that I never had the chance to see them live, and that there'll probably never be a band like them again. Am getting Ultramega OK as soon as possible.

Not sure if I've already posted this, but just incase. It's classed as melodic death metal as far as I know, but it's written really well. To hear the death metal growl when the singing starts and not like it because of that would probably be to totally miss the point, (check at 2:55 and 7:10 for instance.) because the song has so much more to it. Must have taken ages to write.

[YOUTUBE]0FwRo0EZtRo[/YOUTUBE]

Distinct lack of Pantera in this thread.

eKUX8qaGfWs

87uEuhMj92k

Just how good was Dimebag? Been listening to more Pantera recently, they are still fucking ace.

Nice to see that Hammer done another Dimebag tribute recently, Zakk Wilde pulled off a great cover of Suicide Note PT.1.

Soundgarden....what a truly fucking legendary band. I've been thinking for a while that Leeway are now my fave band, but when I hear this stuff and remember how insanely awesome Soundgarden actually are I'm not so sure anymore at all. Have loved them for years now, but for some mad reason I'd not heard anything from their debut album, and there's some other tracks aswell from EP's, etc. Here's a few of them anyway.

[YOUTUBE]47XXiygN0og[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]gTfH_ObSfr0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RdTJ5RFSncU[/YOUTUBE]

What a band.....it's quite a bit of a gutter to know that I never had the chance to see them live, and that there'll probably never be a band like them again. Am getting Ultramega OK as soon as possible.

Superunknown and Badmotorfinger are the two stand out albums, the others in my opinion are a bit hit and miss.

Got told to listen to Gojira by a mate, I'd heard of them, but had never given them an airing.

Anyway, after listening to their first album, Terra Incognita, I've found that this track is truely ace:

JF4XwUu0r18

Got a second album to listen to soon, but first impression are good. Not bad for a bunch of Frenchies.

They supported Metallica last year and are named after the original name for Godzilla - cool or what.

Read the article in Hammer not long ago. Just listening to The Way Of All Flesh now, some really good tunes, though not quite as heavy as Terra Incognita.

My current metal listening involves

My dying bride - The dreadful hours , For lies i sire , A line of deathless kings

Paradise Lost - Faith divides us , death unites us

Candlemass - Nightfall , King of the grey islands

Opeth - Ghost Reveries , Watershed , Still life

You cannot beat a bit of doom after Christmas

• 4 weeks later...

It's probably a bit out of place in here, but seeing as it's from Leeway hopefully it'll be acceptable. Was shocked at first when I found that their last two albums had almost completely departed from their hardcore roots, but after going back to the albums, some of the songs have grown on me a lot. There's several that youtube don't even have, but these two are from Adult Crash :

[YOUTUBE]PLgYqIGkyZw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]8g9v-bNhF4g[/YOUTUBE]

Just found this aswell, where they sound more like how they originally did than most others on adult crash :

[YOUTUBE]5AM9uXTJuIg[/YOUTUBE]

Only 1 star on that last tune because there's only 2 ratings on it....it's almost criminal how unknown they are to so many.

edit : woops, had the wrong song listed as the first one, just changed it.

Edited by Red Phoenix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alrighty metal heads, Romanian metal band that I heard and thought were ace.

IMPLANT PENTRU REFUZ - Solitor

[YOUTUBE]u8Jz2SjSeTc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

IMPLANT PENTRU REFUZ - Mental

[YOUTUBE]PLv_TRYuoV0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

IMPLANT PENTRU REFUZ - Rezistenta Continua

[YOUTUBE]SjSeTc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

METAL UP YA FUCKIN ASS!!!

Thanks to all for the posts. 3 15 hour days driving a swing shovel and I'm fucked! This has perked me up no end. Will post some when I've slept. Oh shit I still got 2 more days on that fucking machine first.

I will get to it. Again thanks all.