You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mad props to Red Phoenix for being in with the Mesh. one of the Meshuggah boys is married to my missus sisters best friend. I claim fame!

Incase I forgot to mention, I saw those guys in doncaster last year and they were fucking amazing. Had a really good night and got totally hammered at the same time. (to the point that I remember sat on a roundabout after the gig pissed and cars were flashing me just to wake me back up.) Fucking brilliant band though, and if any of you guys have them playing nearby they really are worth going out to see.

I might have put this tune up already, but if not, it's Anselmo and his band (Superjoint Ritual) at their most brutal. Proper metal :

[YOUTUBE]wNdvPPByBHE[/YOUTUBE]

And if I linked that already I'll remember not to post it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hah. I'm drunk, pretty fucking out of it, but I give you one tune that I know I'd be totally happy to post even if I was stone sober.

This is Wattershed (spelt like that apparently!) from Foo Fighters first album. I was always hoping Dave Grohl would bring his heavier work to this band, but it seems it wasn't to be. Still a band and person I have massive respect for, but the first album was always my fave as it was heavier. This is my fave tune from it, it's the one Foo's album that Dave did all the work on as far as I know, every instrument :

[YOUTUBE]07QeQEmUjZA[/YOUTUBE]

A band was in one of the local pubs tonight, and they played this. Never even heard it before I don't think! But I asked because the lead guitarist played the intro and it was so fucking awesome. Really played it well and I was gobsmacked. Gonna try and learn it. Will have to play it slowly at first, but hopefully I'll learn the intro :

[YOUTUBE]-f1cwycSWq0[/YOUTUBE]

I'm beginning to hate youtube, because I think they're sellout cunts, and because they're owned by google (right?) it then makes me think that google are sellout cunts too, which, well maybe they are.

This song in it's album version is one of the heaviest and greatest punk songs I've ever heard, (you just cannot judge this song until you've heard that version aswell.) but this live version just doesn't do it justice, (sometimes a band doesn't do the greatest performance and all.) and of course youtube don't have anyone listing the album version, it's all live ones. The american government aren't too happy with this song though, so it fucking figures. If you're wondering what that means, check out what Henry Rollins says here and read the writing that follows. And if you're a punk fan, getting hold of Amen's self titled debut album from 1999 might be a good thing, because it's truly brilliant.

One of the last true, and greatest punk bands on the planet.

[YOUTUBE]gTTyNuQEkiQ[/YOUTUBE]

And if you've not heard them before and think they're shit from that : have you ever seen a shit live song by the Sex Pistols? If so : are they shit? Haha. Legendary band these, check their stuff out if you're a punk fan if you haven't already, especially their earlier stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

For grunge, Mudhoney could be one of the best, love the guitar work in this one :

[YOUTUBE]Q-dlF4tHROU[/YOUTUBE]

Here's them playing with Kurt Cobain too, guitar in this is one of my faves, even though the lead can't be heard that much :

[YOUTUBE]Gc0sfGTuVfs[/YOUTUBE]

Driving the factory workers on the bus this morning - all reeking of smoke and stale booze at 5am - I had this song running through my head:

[YOUTUBE]sgpa7wEAz7I[/YOUTUBE]

Then later when all the schoolies got on, my mental soundtrack switched to this little ditty:

[YOUTUBE]Ug55xjvyTyw[/YOUTUBE]

Shit, just found out that Leeway's stuff is now rare and hard to get hold of. Have taken a huge liking to them lately, to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if they became one of my fave bands shortly.

[YOUTUBE]F9UyInJ4pH0[/YOUTUBE]

Someone put in the youtube comments "in the top ten hardcore intro's of all time!" which for once seems like a comment on there that actually makes sense.

It's about fucking time I had some input on here, eh?

Polysics

"Buy merchandise.... or DIEEEEEEE!!!!"

[YOUTUBE]m9aL7tQhnwI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]bxr87GMtYNk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]k6NIJ5r448A[/YOUTUBE]

Minutemen

[YOUTUBE]HAMFHT6BGO0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OUJ8dcLxFVg[/YOUTUBE]

Las Savy Fav

One cocksure fox in a house of hens.

[YOUTUBE]O40JHRj5R0c[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]cNNxx6HzURY[/YOUTUBE]

Hot Snakes

[YOUTUBE]uY4NVp5Hbf0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]zbQGkJviqfQ[/YOUTUBE]

RFTC

[YOUTUBE]Kpm_g14Jcds[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZNjuDGwG-iM[/YOUTUBE]

ATD-I

[YOUTUBE]7NYbojdoAQE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]vnqPRNZV2Qc[/YOUTUBE]

And a guilty pleasure, 28 Days:

[YOUTUBE]y-wno1H3gbw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]cuYUUfEYJK4[/YOUTUBE]

A!

[YOUTUBE]v8cybxsb_r4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]4455pim8Jok[/YOUTUBE]

3rd December - Can't wait. Jump!

• 1 month later...

Tunes I've been listening to recently:

The Offspring - Meaning Of Life

JxU6jCRi4yc

DevilDriver - End Of The Line - I love the intro to this track.

S2vgVmMUo4o

Metallica - Orion

OzMJhOwBLqw

Metallica - Of Wolf And Man - Probably my favourite Metallica track, no idea why, just is.

N_KOkz67aGc

Pantera - Cemetary Gates

WyczwqRD2NI

Sepultura - Forceful Behavior

Y3gHDpaUMAw

Soulfly- Unleash

VZ3TmZslLQ8

• 3 weeks later...

Dynamite : nice one with the Pantera tune! Phil Anselmo for a start is a fucking master at the art of metal singing. (and seriously, for heavy metal he's my fave by far.)

Just one last Leeway tune here too. The one that over the last week or so I've decided is pretty much my fave :

[YOUTUBE]CWVudjFYsQA[/YOUTUBE]

How have I ignored this for so long?!

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Having gone through some of my formative influences above, let's get back to the roots:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]