You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 3 weeks later...

The new Mastodon album 'Once More 'Round The Sun' is pretty ace. They've pushed the 'Hunter' sound further and is again more accessible to a casual listener than their other albums but it is really good. IMO, the worst songs on it are he more Mastodony sounding ounces, the newer sounding ones sound a lot fresher. Halloween is a fucking right song.

• Upvote 2

The new Mastodon album 'Once More 'Round The Sun' is pretty ace. They've pushed the 'Hunter' sound further and is again more accessible to a casual listener than their other albums but it is really good. IMO, the worst songs on it are he more Mastodony sounding ounces, the newer sounding ones sound a lot fresher. Halloween is a fucking right song.

Good album, just not as good as Crack the Skye. That said, not much is.

Crack the Skye is outstanding, but as has been said, Mastodon only make good albums.

Very true, Crack The Skye didn't grab me as much Once More Round The Sun did at the first listen, it grew on me the more I listened to it.

Going to have to have a revisit I think to decide. And as you say it is outstanding. 

Very true, Crack The Skye didn't grab me as much Once More Round The Sun did at the first listen, it grew on me the more I listened to it.

Going to have to have a revisit I think to decide. And as you say it is outstanding.

I was the complete opposite. Crack the Skye got me the very first time I heard it.

• 2 weeks later...