You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 02/11/2020 at 16:36, Scott_M said:

Never listened to Mr Bungle before but the album fucking shreds. 

I’m not liking the new Bungle reincarnation. It just doesn’t feel like Bungle. And Scott Ian can do one. 

I put these in the GF Album thread but they deserve to go in here too. 5 of my mates who make faces melt. 

• Upvote 1

At the point where I've stopped listening to the new Bronx tracks. Pretty sure the album is going to be great (again), so looking forward to giving it all a proper go when it's out. 

Fucked Up have also announced a David Comes to Life tour next year, which could be interesting

• 2 weeks later...

Hell of a showman. 46 is no age. 

Slipknot weren't really my thing, but I understood it a lot more when I got to see them live at reading. Spent a lot of that set just watching this fella blast away. Mental to see him sustain that intensity for 45 minutes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Hell of a showman. 46 is no age. 

Slipknot weren't really my thing, but I understood it a lot more when I got to see them live at reading. Spent a lot of that set just watching this fella blast away. Mental to see him sustain that intensity for 45 minutes.

Just seen this news myself. Was fortunate enough to see Slipknot a few times and have been a fan for a number of years. Wasn't so into Murderdolls, but I liked the self-titled album by Scar the Martyr and the tracks he did as part of Vimic.

• 5 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Bronx day @Scott_M

And it’s really good. Couldn’t find a torrent so bought it on iTunes. 

Not had it at an ear splitting level yet but I really like High Five & Mexican Summer. Will given it a full listen when I take the dog out later. 

Turnstile’s new album, Glow, is out today. If you’re after something new and exciting, check it out. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Scott_M said:

And it’s really good. Couldn’t find a torrent so bought it on iTunes. 

Not had it at an ear splitting level yet but I really like High Five & Mexican Summer. Will given it a full listen when I take the dog out later. 

Turnstile’s new album, Glow, is out today. If you’re after something new and exciting, check it out. 

Enjoyed turnstile.

First impression was Bronx had done it again, class album. Especially at the start, but then toward the end felt it was moving away from Hardcore band with Rock n Roll elements to Hard Rock band. Hoping that's not a sign of the future, but still another great album - on a par with their 4th I reckon, so not their best, but by any standards other than their own it's ace. 

Will need to give it time though, the last one really grew on me.

19 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Enjoyed turnstile.

First impression was Bronx had done it again, class album. Especially at the start, but then toward the end felt it was moving away from Hardcore band with Rock n Roll elements to Hard Rock band. Hoping that's not a sign of the future, but still another great album - on a par with their 4th I reckon, so not their best, but by any standards other than their own it's ace. 

Will need to give it time though, the last one really grew on me.

Yeah, I was less impressed on 2nd listen (1st listen I was working as well). As you say, the last few tracks feel quite samey.

Bronx 1 came out in 2003, can’t really expect to keep that aggression going for almost 20 years, but yes, it’s a great start but seems to run out of fire towards the end. 

FYI, Turnstile other albums are good as well. Less experimental. 

If you like Turnstile, check out Higher Power as well.

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Yeah, I was less impressed on 2nd listen (1st listen I was working as well). As you say, the last few tracks feel quite samey.

Bronx 1 came out in 2003, can’t really expect to keep that aggression going for almost 20 years, but yes, it’s a great start but seems to run out of fire towards the end. 

FYI, Turnstile other albums are good as well. Less experimental. 

If you like Turnstile, check out Higher Power as well.

Yeah, but each one has still escalated matters in one way or another. At the same time, they've never really got the recognition they deserve.

Would rate the albums: 3,1,5,2,4,6 at the moment. But all grouped into a 9/10 and above. Top four are all 10/10.

• 2 weeks later...