You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone onto the new Dinosaur Pile-Up album? I fucking love it. An homage to so much I've loved about rock music over the last 20-odd years. Some really nailed-on Weezer, Nirvana early Foos, Silverchair, Pumpkins inspired songs in there. It's like they said 'our favourite bands aren't making these songs any more, so we will.'

And they fucking shred.

• Upvote 1

Tool's Fear Inoculum has leaked and it's mostly what I thought it'd be, an album that I'd have preferred to have had a lot shorter songs mostly, but that still has some great moments. I genuinely think some of it will grow on me as well.

The last track though, 7empest, is something that I think is fucking amazing and has some of the best guitar work I've ever heard Adam Jones do. I can listen to the entire track without even craving that it be shorter even though it's the longest on the album. Some of what's on the album sounds a lot closer to me to Lateralus than anything on 10,000 days did for me too which is also great, and that'll easily have me going back to listen again.

Fear Inoculum has is very good but feels a bit formulated.

Wierd drums, guitar picks, minimal singing, build build build, awesome guitar solo, end. A lot of them also sound like Schism. 

Of the 6 proper songs (I’m not classing Chocolate Chip Trip in this), 5 of them follow this template. 

7empest is incredible though.  

I’ve not been able to play it at an ear splitting level yet. I do like it & think it’ll grow further on me. 

• Upvote 1

On 22/08/2019 at 14:38, Chris said:

Anyone onto the new Dinosaur Pile-Up album? I fucking love it. An homage to so much I've loved about rock music over the last 20-odd years. Some really nailed-on Weezer, Nirvana early Foos, Silverchair, Pumpkins inspired songs in there. It's like they said 'our favourite bands aren't making these songs any more, so we will.'

And they fucking shred.

They sound right up my street, will check them out..

On 22/08/2019 at 14:38, Chris said:

And they fucking shred.

Listened yesterday and really like them. They are not doing anything new but the best complement I can give is I feel like I've already heard the songs before.

Agree with the bands mentioned as influences but I would add Pixies (Black Limosine basically uses the intro to Where is my mind) but also had me thinking of Feeder, Royal Blood and even Blink 182. Was surprised after listening to see they are English as they are definitely going after the American vibe/sound.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Listened yesterday and really like them. They are not doing anything new but the best complement I can give is I feel like I've already heard the songs before.

Agree with the bands mentioned as influences but I would add Pixies (Black Limosine basically uses the intro to Where is my mind) but also had me thinking of Feeder, Royal Blood and even Blink 182. Was surprised after listening to see they are English as they are definitely going after the American vibe/sound.

Thanks for the heads up.

Nice one dude, glad you enjoyed. Enjoyed on Black Limosine. There's some Feeder in there for sure. I can't stand Royal Blood, these lads have far more authenticity than those Radio 1 darlings. 

EDIT: Agreed on Black Limosene

• Upvote 1

Something somewhat lighter than I’ve been posting...

I do like Green Day and Weezer. Fall Out Boy are fucking shite though. I’ll be getting a beer and a burger when those chumps are on.

Green Days new song sounds a bit like Eagles Of Death Metal. I quite like it. 

Good to hear Weezer have plugged in the guitars again after they’re bang average attempts a pop albums. 

2C8D35CF-6796-4B66-BF5D-853CE0083F43.png

3CFB2C98-31DD-4238-B4AC-EA464D52EE06.png

And saw a bunch of you raving over the bronx before. Not having it. Shite. Saw them supporting flogging molly last year in Sheffield. Only one band worth talking about that night and it wasnt the one loads of bellends had come to see. 

• 1 month later...
On 17/09/2019 at 00:21, Bob Spunkmouse said:

And saw a bunch of you raving over the bronx before. Not having it. Shite. Saw them supporting flogging molly last year in Sheffield. Only one band worth talking about that night and it wasnt the one loads of bellends had come to see. 

Clueless.

Not least because Face to Face were also on that bill.  Anyone who thinks there was only one band worth talking about wasn't paying attention.

26 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Clueless.

Not least because Face to Face were also on that bill.  Anyone who thinks there was only one band worth talking about wasn't paying attention.

I really enjoyed face to face at rebellion a few years ago but not particularly that night. 

floggy molly fucking killed it though.