You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

26 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'm partial to a bit of Slipknot so I'll be checking out those too. Used to air drum to The Blister Exists when I was blootered.

Some serious drum rolls in that tune as well. 

Blootered, great Scottish word. My Grandad used to say it. I remember the 1st time he said it, even though I had never heard it before, I knew exactly what it meant.

Bufty is another one. 

• Upvote 1

Slam Dunk festival this weekend in Leeds. Can’t wait.

ill mostly be at the punk in drublic stage, enjoying Anti Flag, The interruptors and Nofx amongst other.

yes baby.

og, and Millencolin too. Don’t know why I keep forgetting them. Love those Swedish bastards

5 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Slam Dunk festival this weekend in Leeds. Can’t wait.

ill mostly be at the punk in drublic stage, enjoying Anti Flag, The interruptors and Nofx amongst other.

yes baby.

Looking at the line-up, too many pop-punk bufties for my liking Gallows, Glassjaw, The Bronx and Turnstile would be a great watch. 

The Bronx are fucking brilliant.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Looking at the line-up, too many pop-punk bufties for my liking Gallows, Glassjaw, The Bronx and Turnstile would be a great watch. 

I saw them supporting flogging molly in Sheffield last October and didn’t think much of them, however I was definitely influenced by the amount of absolute knobhead in their crowd.

flogging molly utterly smashed it thoigh so all was good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched the Download highlights from Sky Arts earlier. Not impressed.

Slipknot were good and Smashing Pumpkins & Anthrax were decent but the rest was incredibly forgettable. Highly disappointed there were no Tool highlights.

As for Die Antwoord, what the actual fuck is that nonsense? Seriously. And they were 2nd on the bill to Slipknot. Absolutely terrible.

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 09:37, Scott_M said:

Best band on the planet.  Ridiculously underrated.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Maybe the best punk band.

That's what I said.

Saw them three times last year, including a basement show in a Kingston pub.  Always 10/10.

55286.jpg

Side Effects is such a great tune.

Think he had a good night in New York before shooting this.

On 26/07/2019 at 20:34, Pidge said:

Might be a touch emo for this thread, but I've never been able to crack Thrice.  However, really gotten into Artist in the Ambulance recently, great song. 

I agree. I really liked that album but I struggled with the rest of their stuff.

Struck me as self indulgent & trying to be pointlessly arty.

I liked this album back in the day as well, before my tastes took a turn for the darker & heavier...

• Upvote 1

On 01/08/2019 at 06:36, Scott_M said:

Finally... we might hear a new tune soon as well.

Yeah hoping so too. Glad they've released their music on loads of different sites officially now as well.

Haven't heard them in a while, it's good to hear some stuff off Lateralus again though. I can't really explain it well but I still think it's the most complete sounding album I've ever heard from a guitar based band. Maybe in the way that the tracks go together so well as a whole, and that the performances and production just sound so good together. Was just listening to some of Triad, putting this on next.