You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well, I made it through the night. Just.

Your mans brother from last night was in my bedroom and he called me a fat cunt. I took a spade to him and he with his family now. Little snidey fuckers. Call me fat and thinks he can get away with it. They must have been hiding and all decided to show themselves now. No more Mr nice guy (yes, I'm aware I've killed all I've seen so far, but I did it nicely) from now on it's slow deaths. Why can't they leave me alone? Why can't we all just get alone? Read my lips, no more spiders.

Conkers don't work, and the reason there are so many spiders around in your houses at the moment is that they have stopped feeding and are looking to mate. There will be a lot of males roaming carpets trying to get their legs over. There will be fucking millions of the little bastards soon.

the conker thing absolutely does work.

Our house is a big ancient pile and we generally get one massive beastie a night or so. Since laying out conkers on the window sills and the corner of each door frame, we haven't had a single one of the fuckers for almost two weeks now.

Conkers don't work, and the reason there are so many spiders around in your houses at the moment is that they have stopped feeding and are looking to mate. There will be a lot of males roaming carpets trying to get their legs over. There will be fucking millions of the little bastards soon.

So you're saying I might get a ride out of this?

Fuck me! I'd not seen a single spider in the house up until yesterday, and now I've seen 5 in the last 48 hours. And the last fucker who just walked across my sitting room was the size of a fucking horse. I was sitting with a mate watching the City game and this fucking monster galloped out from the under the couch. I opened the sliding door in the hope he'd piss off out as he was right beside it, as I walked across the room to get a magazine to help him on his way, the fucker chased after me. HE CHASED AFTER ME!! A bleedin' elephant gun wouldn't have detered this bastard. I wont sleep tonight for fear of any of his pals trying to rob me car or something.

Anyway, Mr Spider is with Jade and Michael now (assuming both Goody and Jackson were flattened by my Worlds Greatest Heavyweight Boxing Champions book and flushed down my toilet - two flushes as well I may add)

I believe you used the Barbie annual 2009

right annoying little fuckers, kept getting them on my bedroom ceiling

dont mind them during day but cant go to sleep knowing the cunts are there, my technique this year has been to trap em in an empty crisp packet n send em into bottom of the bin

You are aware that with spiders that is like throwing a stick to get rid of a dog, the spoof will believe you are engaing in arachnid play and return - you are now it's master

• 10 months later...

Hahah this thread, what's scary about a spider? They don't chase you and their weakness is a swift whack with a thong or a glass and piece of paper for a hunstman as they are harmless. I had a hunstman living in my room for weeks when I was about 10, I named it Harry. I'm not as inclined to share a room with one these days, I just catch them in a glass and throw them outside, if it's a poisonous looking one I just smash it and there is a lot of smashing to be done when it's hot.

I was installing new insulation in my roof a while back and there were so many spiders up there it was insane, I put some bombs up there I haven't been up since.

They seem to live in places in my car as well, my side mirrors are always covered in webs but I never see them apart from when I'm washing my car I might see one to squish.

Snakes are what make me nervous in the summer, once you have to deal with a few tiger snakes a spider is about as scary as a puppy.