You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I got him in the end; he headed into a brown shagpile rug, like the Predator receding into the jungle. I had a newfound respect for him once the end came, as I smashed him to pieces with a size 9 Vans having already blitzed him with fly killer.

It was a good death.

Oh mate.  You should really google what happens when you smash spiders to death in a rug.  Prepare for an influx of the big bastards now.

I got him in the end; he headed into a brown shagpile rug, like the Predator receding into the jungle. I had a newfound respect for him once the end came, as I smashed him to pieces with a size 9 Vans having already blitzed him with fly killer.

It was a good death.

You're no better than that American dentist who killed the lion. Hang your head in shame.

• Upvote 2

Haven't had any whoppers yet that haven't been in the cupboard under the stairs so we have an uneasy truce at the moment.

I'm usually a bit phobic of them but trying to improve as to not pass the fear onto my daughter. I just dread a situation when there is a spider and her in the same room so I have to be brave.

Had some fucker bite me on both elbows one night a couple of weeks ago, took ages to go down and I still have marks now. Hope I rolled over and squashed the cunt.

Is that how you explained away those injuries then?

"Yeah, spider bites. Some of them have that special venom that makes the wounds look like friction burns. From a carpet. Stop laughing at me".

• Upvote 1

I got bitten a couple of months ago. Had let the new lawn grow in the garden, was quite high, so a bit of a job. Realised a few hours later I'd been bitten on the calf. Thought nothing of it. Got worse during the night - itchy and sore. Started to swell up the next day. Was walking with a limp all day and the bite lump was getting bigger. I ended up going to the walk in centre in town, I could hardly walk! Hurt whenever I put pressure on it. Was put on antibiotics. Took a few days for the swelling to go down. Nurse said it might have been a brown spider bite. Who knows. Total pain in the a*se though.

• 2 weeks later...

What a way to go.....

Scared stiff: Deadly erection-causing spiders found lurking in supermarket bananas !

A terrified family has fled their home after finding dozens of the world’s deadliest spiders, which can cause a four-hour erection followed by death, in a bunch of bananas from their local Asda supermarket.

The Brazilian wandering spiders burst out of a nest that was stuck on to a banana and spilled on the kitchen floor as Ashley Gamble, his partner Sophia Newcombe and their two young daughters unpacked their shopping.

The arachnids, also known as banana spiders, have a bite that can kill in two hours and are among the most venomous on Earth.

Its venom can also cause long and painful erections in males lasting up to four hours, followed by death. A potent toxin in the venom can also cause abdominal cramps, hypothermia, blurred vision and convulsions.