You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

13 hours ago, Anubis said:

Huntsman spiders are quite social. Once they get use to humans they’re sharing a house with they’ll happily crawl on your hand and behave like pets.

I don't care if they fetch the paper and bark at the postman, they're big fucking spiders.

You will not find me in Australia watching telly with one sitting on my lap.

56 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

I don't care if they fetch the paper and bark at the postman, they're big fucking spiders.

You will not find me in Australia watching telly with one sitting on my lap.

What if it had Margot Robbie on speed dial?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never known so many in the house. Since June its been nearly one a week and they have just got bigger. About a month ago we were watching a film and I looked above the TV and there was one about the size of 4 football pictures just sat there looking at us. I didn't see it crawl but it was that big I'd have seen it if it had been there long. She threw it out of course because I was hiding in the kitchen with a knife. 

Last week another one in the corner of the living room. She sprained her ankle in Madrid so was unable to get it so we left it there and it didn't move for a good few hours. Went to bed and left it there. Came down the next morning of course it was gone. It re-appeared the other day and she sent it packing. 

Another incident about 6 weeks ago, I went to get the bread out the cupboard for some toast and one of the cunts was on the packaging. 

I'm done with them for this year. 

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Since when did things like this live in Britain? Burn the fucking house down.

Yes, Carole. It’s a house spider you thick cow. It eats the wood lice in your house. Show some fucking gratitude because it’s  clearly burned it’s way through your wood lice population.

"Ooh, spiders are great because they eat all the other bugs in your house!"

A few questions. Why are there so many other bugs in your house? Why are there so many other bugs in general? Why are there bugs whose sole purpose seems to be to eat other bugs and multiply? Mother Nature with its £20 solution to a £10 problem right there.

How are these pricks getting in the house. There's thousands and thousands of other houses, various obstacles all kinds of shit whilst treking the big bad world, does it suddenly stop in front of my house and say "this is the place, this is the fucking place I've been looking for". Just piss off the world is huge.

You could have a black carpet and a black spider will run across it and you will spot that shit in a second before backflipping from a lying position to a full crouch on the back of the settee.

A girl I used to work with was not arsed at all with spiders she would pick up big ones and chase the lads. She tried me once but I thought be brave act normal she will leave you alone from then on, she put it on my arm and I was like "I'm not arsed they don't bother me" but inside my head I was curled up in the corner of the shower whilst the crying game played. I had the heebeegeebees for a while after that. Mad cow I picture her as Alien and me as Ripley in alien 3 she had a pop at terrorising me couldn't harm me then fucked off to terrorise someone else.

• Upvote 1