You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Had to relocate a garden spider that had mistaken my bedroom for the garden. It's not that I don't like garden spiders - their webs are are feats of exceptional engineering and last year saw one ambitious little fucker build a web that stretched the width of the front garden and which I admired at length - but I can't be walking face-first into that shit when I'm half asleep in the morning.

Had quite a few in ours the last couple of weeks. Nothing massive, but still big-ish. I usually scoop them into a glass and throw them in the garden. If they're in hard to reach places i usually just vacuum them up with the hoover tube. I hate flies (HATE) so at least spiders and me are on the same side.

We spent two years doing our house up and i was stripping paint and wallpaper in the small cupboard under the stairs (so tight, cramped, no room to move). I noticed a spider curl up and i (accidentally) flicked it onto the floor. I can still hear the thud it made when it hit the floor. A sickening thud.

Also, was clearing out the garden, went inside to take a piss, looked in the mirror and there was quite a big spider on my shoulder/walking onto my neck. I'm not ashamed to say I shrieked like a girl and f*cking jumped around like a loon. And never found it!

I don't mind them - but hate it when they take you by surprise.

Have got a pretty big ingrained fear of spiders, but I try to purposefully leave them so that I get over it. There's a huge one in my room at the moment and I see it walking around every now and then. As long as it doesn't end up on my bed and I don't stand on it, not really bothered. The big ones are fucking fast though, (touched it a week or so ago to see what it did, and it shot under my bed really fast.) kind of amazing the speed they can go at.

I had an early one in the bathroom about 4 or 5 weeks ago and it was fucking enormous.  Imagine an eight-legged Dreadnoughtus.  That was this fucker.

I don't squash spiders as a rule, but I reckon if it had come to a fight, this one could have taken me anyway.  It was too big to go under an aerosol lid (my usual MO) so I had to try to coax it into one.  This took a wee while and I couldn't help noticing that as I was chasing it around I could hear its feet on the lino.  Seriously - I could hear its fucking footsteps!  

Big bastard.