You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we will win. Villa will be fired up and that will actually suit us just fine, because then we will snap out of our own early season lethargy. I think Keane will have his best performance thus far, and Nando will score. Mascher will help tremendously, and Alonso will play a blinder, as he will be wanting to prove he's better than Barry.

MON will have them fired up and they will come at us, but we will have players who can pick them off. 2-1 to us.

This game is a real tough one to predict, as the smart money says that our early season poor form is about to catch up with us and we will be fortunate to get a result. BUT, things are never that simple are they, and I wouldn't be surprised if we win tomorrow.

I can see Villa playing quite open and coming straight at us from the off, so as long as we are prepared for this I can see us picking them off on the break. I'd push alonso as far up the field as we can, and let mash sort out all the sweeping work, as Alonso is a far better attacker than he is a 'holding' midfielder.

1-2 Torres, Babel

Listen up, we will walk this game, winning 3-0+

You heard it here first.

I reckon 3-0 could be a bit adventurous. We've scored 3 league goals so far. A deflection off a shot from Carra, and a couple of moments of brilliance from Torres and Gerrard.

Gerrard isn't playing and looking at how tired Torres looked the other night, I can't see where the goals are going to come from.

If ever there was a time for the rest of the team to step up to the plate, it is now. I hope you're right, but don't hold it against me that I don't share your optimism.

I really hope we beat them though, I hate that prick O'neill.

COME ON RED MEN!!!!

just noticed argentina and brazil are both playing wc qualifiers on the 11th....does this mean we'll be without masch and possibly lucas for the man u match?

aw for fucks sake don't say something like that. no no no.

in fact, if that's the case, I just don't have many hopes at all for that match. If Gerrard is back, maybe, just...but if not that's just sick. Why can't we have a full fucking side when we play the scum? I just want us to have our strongest out against them, because we can fucking beat them.

I'm going to go with the optimistic view and say this is the game where we will finally click, Mascherano will run the middle and Alonso will provide and assist or 2 for Torres and/or Keane. Babel will also provide some much needed attacking threat from a wide position and Pepe will keep another clean sheet. We will win 2-0.

I don't think a draw would be the worst result in the world considering how we've been playing lately. We've had a few good wins at Villa park over the years though, I've been present for a few 3-0 drubbings curtesy of Owen, Gerrard and Murphy.

If we step it up we should overwhelm them as we've a better team (even without Stevie) and a better manager. I hope we do them so Rafa can turn to the runt and shake his hand in a patronising manner

I'm sorry, but there is far too much negativity on this thread.

Firstly, when we have struggled defensively it has been because we've missed proper protection in front of the back four, which The Chief provides. He is now back, and having played those games in Beijing, he's match fit.

Secondly, while Villa have pace in Agbonglawhore, he is very hit and miss in front of goal. Carew is a bruiser, and is unlikely to get much change out of either Carra or Skrtel. Yes, Young is a good player, but we've always managed to keep him reasonably quiet. Harewood is their fasteset and bravest soldier..... ....quite.

But that is where it ends. The fact is, defensively Villa are piss poor. Whereas we are a good defence who've been playing poorly, they are a poor defence playing poorly. Even when they beat Man City 4-2, they still conceded 2 goals to one of the worst City sides the Premiership has ever seen, and it could have been more. So, with the quality we have up front, and with Babel and the lively El Zhar waiting in the wings, I think we can do some real damage to them. We just need to weather the initial 20 mins when The Leprechaun has told them to go out and get revenge for the Barry saga. Then, when they've shot their bolt, snot the fuckers.

We definately need to play better than we have, because I think we've ridden our luck as far as we can with playing shit and still getting the result.

I hope Agger sits this one out, Carra and Martin as CBs for me. Carew is one strong fucker, and he's got pace as well. I don't want a ring rusty Agger to have to deal with him.

Pepe

Bob-Carra-Martin-Dossena

Javier-Xabi

Benni-Keane-Babel

Torres

Would be my team. I reckon Rafa will play Kuyt on the right. Whether Benni makes way for Ryan on the left is anyone's guess.

I'd play Ryan as I think Villa (for obvious reasons) will be well fired up for this one and will have a real go at us. That will leave space behind their defence for us to attack. Babel can do that, Benni can't.

It's time to get the season started, Redmen. One more shite display and I think we'll get beat.

We'll ride in our horses, snot the cunts 5-0 and ride out with Barry's skull as a souvenir and then we'll drink beer from it. LFC, taking head hunting to a new level.

I'd rather we used O'neil's skull. It's a lot bigger and can contain twice as much beer.

Guest davelfc
I'd rather we used O'neil's skull. It's a lot bigger and can contain twice as much beer.

Just hold the little **** down until he tells us where he has hidden his pot of gold.

I'd like to see:

Reina

Finnan Carra Agger Dossena

Alonso Masch

Kuyt Keane Babel

Torres

But I don't expect we shall.

If we were playing as I know we can play, I would have no fear going into this game. On current form though, I'm shitting it.

Same, but with Aurelio.

The main reason for optimism in my opinion is that our worst displays always come against teams that defend deep & frustrate us. Our dodgy displays this season follow this pattern ( maybe not 1st half in Liege ).

The Villa game will be the first time a team will try to have a go at us , and leave us space to work in their half.

I expect to see a more fluid effort from the Reds , but do worry about their aerial threat from set pieces.

I'd like to see:

Reina

Finnan Carra Agger Dossena

Alonso Masch

Kuyt Keane Babel

Torres

But I don't expect we shall.

If we were playing as I know we can play, I would have no fear going into this game. On current form though, I'm shitting it.

People need to start accepting that Finnan won't get a game.