You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The bitters' new striker

Redder Lurtz

Every player who plays in Serie A, regardless of nationality, has an italian grandmother it seems...

Don't be so quick to scoff - Italian ancestry is how we've managed to sign Lucas, Aurelio, Cavalieri and Mascherano without the need for permits.

Everton line up Topal as fall-back if Sporting rebuff Moutinho bid

Andy Hunter

The Guardian,

Friday August 29 2008

Everton are to rekindle their interest in the Galatasaray midfielder Mehmet Topal should Sporting Lisbon continue to resist attempts to make Joao Moutinho the club's record signing before the transfer window closes.

Moutinho, a Portugal international, has been a prime target all summer of Everton's manager, David Moyes, but Sporting's £20m valuation of the 21-year-old, and also the structure of the transfer, has thwarted a deal so far.

Everton, however, remain in negotiations with the Portuguese club over their prized midfielder but are also prepared to make a renewed bid for Topal in the event of the stalemate continuing, and with their hopes of signing Stephane M'Bia from Rennes fading.

Well it seems they're following a policy of signing players who fit in with their constant cries. They got Ifithadnabeenfor yesterday, now, they want to sign Topal, so Moyes can do a duet with him on 'If I Were A Rich Man'

Knee Injury Manchester United Injuries 2008 August 1st

Hamstring Injury Manchester United Injuries 2008 March 20th

Knee Injury Manchester United Injuries 2008 March 14th

Cartilage Knee Injury Manchester United Injuries 2008 February 1st

Knee Injury Manchester United Injuries 2007 October 10th

Knee Injury Manchester United Injuries 2007 June 15th

Knee Injury Manchester United Injuries 2007 May 11th

Hamstring Injury Manchester United Injuries 2007 March 6th

Groin Strain Manchester United Injuries 2007 January 2nd

Hamstring Injury Manchester United Injuries 2006 November 26th

Knee Injury Manchester United Injuries 2006 October 31st

Sprained Ankle Manchester United Injuries 2006 April 16th

Hamstring Injury Manchester United Injuries 2005 August 4th

Calf Muscle Strain Manchester United Injuries 2005 March 18th

Knee Injury Manchester United Injuries 2005 February 13th

Knee Injury Manchester United Injuries 2004 November 19th

Knee Injury Manchester United Injuries 2004 September 20th

Knee Manchester United Injuries 2004 September 10th

MCL Knee Ligament Injury Manchester United Injuries 2004 August 9th

Achilles Paratendinopathy Manchester United Injuries 2004 April 9th

Achilles Paratendinopathy Manchester United Injuries 2004 March 19th

Calf Muscle Strain Manchester United Injuries 2004 February 27th

Back Injury Fulham Injuries 2003 April 19th

Hamstring Injury Fulham Injuries 2003 January 18th

Hamstring Injury Fulham Injuries 2002 September 13th

Rumour has it (from my mate whos an everton st holder) the reason Moyes was wearing a suit at the match (something he apparently never does) is because hes going to meet Moutinho after the match in town to convince him to sign.

Which is also why they are in touch with Fenerbache to sign Topuz, if this Moutinho deal falls through.

I wonder how much he cost? moyes was saying "lets not kid ourselves we haven't spent 20 million on one player like some people can, we've spent nothing"

A blatant pop at us, the obsessive ugly fuck. Gonna be a long season for the Moyesiah I think.

A blatant pop at us, the obsessive ugly fuck. Gonna be a long season for the Moyesiah I think.

Aye, i heard that on City yesterday and thought the same. Untill and unless they rid themselves of their all consuming obsession with all things Liverpool they'll never do anything.They exist to hate us they really do It can't be healthy for a football club, it just can't. Whilst it's great for comedy value, as a club it's eating them alive............Long may it continue says I.

I wish Journalists would start coming back to him after statements like that and ask him, "have you got problems with your board for not giving you enough money? Are you frustrated that teams below you have more money to spend? What have the Everton board done with all the TV money from last year?"

It would be great to turn his shitty comments inwards at his own club, instead of allowing him to use it as a shitty excuse and dig at Liverpool.

Ste

What Moyes meant to say is that they've deperately tried to spend £20 million, but nobody wants to sign for them. Sorry Davey, must be hard finding out that you finished 5th and still nobody wants to date you.

And anyway, didn't Ian Ross talk about £30 million for signings earlier in the summer.