You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You hate it, but everyone else loves it.

Section_31

7 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

I like those but I love the old Universal ones with Lugosi, Karloff and Chaney.

I'm not keen on the modern slasher type stuff like for example Saw or Hostel either. They're too fucked up for my taste.

The first Saw is excellent, Hostel's utter trash.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

That's fucking nuts. 

I've actually calmed down about it in my senior years. In a club in Sweeting Street - The Metro - years ago,  one of our company thought it would be fun to splash the stuff on me while he was flavouring his chicken in a basket. My reaction wasn't good and I smacked him. Not good for the friendship but he knew of my aversion to the stuff and he was being a cunt. I spent most of the evening in the toilet trying rid myself of the stink. As I say, it's a minority dislike but a lifelong one and it is difficult for people to understand - but, fuck it, that's how it is.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, easytoslip said:

What about Andys mate, the Belfast lad who lives in Thailand, he puts vinegar on his full English breakfast for fucksake. 

Ive got to say the Post Office is a decent little pub and hopefully I'll be calling in at the end of June. 

It would of been alright in The Globe a few days ago as Paul Heaton of The Beautiful South but a good few bob behind the bar for bevvies on him. 

One of the many mad things that Jack got up to. I wonder if he's still in Thailand. Someone said that Heaton did the same in The Casa and a couple of other pubs in town. I was in there a couple of weeks ago on a crawl around the Belvedere , The Cracke, The Grapes et al. Became very unsteady on my feet. I put it down to age.

Just now, torahboy said:

One of the many mad things that Jack got up to. I wonder if he's still in Thailand. Someone said that Heaton did the same in The Casa and a couple of other pubs in town. I was in there a couple of weeks ago on a crawl around the Belvedere , The Cracke, The Grapes et al. Became very unsteady on my feet. I put it down to age.

Yeah Jack, I couldn't remember his name there and that could be an age thing? He was a bit of a loon. 

The other pub was on Dale St, the one tucked away at the back i think, i wonder what his association is with The Globe? 

Bevvy soon. 

5 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Yeah Jack, I couldn't remember his name there and that could be an age thing? He was a bit of a loon. 

The other pub was on Dale St, the one tucked away at the back i think, i wonder what his association is with The Globe? 

Bevvy soon. 

I think it was  The Saddle.

Hopefully I'll catch up with you when you're home, John. Take it easy.

5 hours ago, torahboy said:

I've actually calmed down about it in my senior years. In a club in Sweeting Street - The Metro - years ago,  one of our company thought it would be fun to splash the stuff on me while he was flavouring his chicken in a basket. My reaction wasn't good and I smacked him. Not good for the friendship but he knew of my aversion to the stuff and he was being a cunt. I spent most of the evening in the toilet trying rid myself of the stink. As I say, it's a minority dislike but a lifelong one and it is difficult for people to understand - but, fuck it, that's how it is.

If you don't like something you don't like something. Respect for that. But if you can look me in the eye and tell me you can eat a chip without vinegar on then you better have knuckle dusters on when I call you a nonce. 

(curry sauce doesn't need vinegar) 

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

If you don't like something you don't like something. Respect for that. But if you can look me in the eye and tell me you can eat a chip without vinegar on then you better have knuckle dusters on when I call you a nonce. 

(curry sauce doesn't need vinegar) 

Curry also doesnt need the word 'sauce' after it.

On 24/04/2022 at 19:08, Tony Moanero said:

David Attenborough is obviously very good at what he does, but I never watch his programmes.

Then you don't know what you're missing, Tony. I liked it when he visited those turtle nesting beaches and turned the turtles on their backs so that they couldn't dig the nests and lay their eggs. The best though, was when there was this polar bear stuck on a little bit of ice out at sea and Attenborough and his crew were taking the piss out of it, throwing empty Pringles tubs and plastic at it. You should give his programmes a try, you might just enjoy them.

14 hours ago, Strontium said:

If you were talking about raw tomatoes I'm with you (although I don't mind thin slices on a burger) but cooked tomatoes are amazing, as are dried.

I am the exact opposite. I will happily eat fresh tomatoes, as soon as you cook them they lose their appeal entirely.

50 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Formula 1 

Allison Hammond

Red wine  

Surely nobody has a thought about Alison Hammond let alone love her. 

I remember seeing her interviewing celebrities with absolute stupid questions, puke inducing. 

As is the word celebrities. 

My dislike of Alison Hammond is touch irrational I grant you but when Ive ever mentioned it if she happen to be and on the tv or in the paper etc most people say they think shes hilarious*

*these people do tend to be middle aged housewives