You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs. Standard Liege

Captain

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest to complete over reaction to Kuyt is laughable. Some people cannot see fault with him for some reason, others refuse to praise him for anything. He'a decent player, no more no less. He'll work his bollocks off, occasionally create a goal for you and score a few too (IMO he's been very lucky that the goals recently have been important ones in the CL) but on the whole he should be no more than a squad player (an important one though but not a regular)

People wouldn't be too bothered if he was being used as squad player, but it looks as though he'll be a regular for the season from where i'm sitting.

Not good enough.

Watch the whole game and then tell me you still would of had the same confidence.

Truth is I didn't see any of the game - I had the last 5 mins on audio commentary only, so I can't argue with you one way or another on that.

I did watch us at S'land and against 'boro at the weekend, though, and, in both games, we played well at times and not so well at others. In both games, however, we got 3pts. In my judgement, we probably wouldn't have won either of those two matches last season or the season before that, or the season before that. Performances are not everything. Winning is.

To be honest to complete over reaction to Kuyt is laughable. Some people cannot see fault with him for some reason, others refuse to praise him for anything. He'a decent player, no more no less. He'll work his bollocks off, occasionally create a goal for you and score a few too (IMO he's been very lucky that the goals recently have been important ones in the CL) but on the whole he should be no more than a squad player (an important one though but not a regular)

I'll give credit where credit is due, he was really impressive in the CL knock out stages and he is a likeable guy who had a good first season. Thats about it though , I didn't see him do anything worthwhile in the league with his scoring record and general performance levels being abysmal. Some of the people on her are cunts though, bringing up comments from during the game when he was shit? Fucking sad.

Agreed.

But am I the only who is worried by Torres? He is a fantastic player, but take away that strike against Sunderland and he has done nothing in 4 matches? He has lookt very tired, and I fear the Euro`s zapped a lot of energy out of him? We need a Torres at his best against the Mancs and Villa.

He's had nothing but hoofed long balls to his chest to work with this season. As great a player as he is he needs some sort of service. He's not a "big centre forward" target man.

People wouldn't be too bothered if he was being used as squad player, but it looks as though he'll be a regular for the season from where i'm sitting.

Not good enough.

Can't blame Kuyt for that though. Rafa is the boss who seemingly found a workable system - i'd go as far to say as a regualr matchgoer the most balanced we'd looked since he took over - then decides to change it, or buy players that don't suit it.

Can't blame Kuyt for that though. Rafa is the boss who seemingly found a workable system - i'd go as far to say as a regualr matchgoer the most balanced we'd looked since he took over - then decides to change it, or buy players that don't suit it.

Well I can blame Kuyt for not being able to control a ball after a five yard pass, when he's on about £40K a week or something.

The ratio of balls that bounce off him is fucking amazing really.

You're right though, Rafa is the one who needs to sort his shit out.

I'll give credit where credit is due, he was really impressive in the CL knock out stages and he is a likeable guy who had a good first season. Thats about it though , I didn't see him do anything worthwhile in the league with his scoring record and general performance levels being abysmal. Some of the people on her are cunts though, bringing up comments from during the game when he was shit? Fucking sad.

He's had a poor start to the season, certainly not carried on the form from the end of last season but virtually all outfield players have been massively below par. Only Carra IMO can be relatively pleased with his individual perfromance.

Kuyt has got a touch of the Danny Murphys about him in that he's fucking gash and utterly infuriating, yet pops up with the odd important goal.

On the Torres front, I think too often he tries to do to much, and is losing the ball quite a bit attempting to take the world on.

Guest TK-421
Torres has had little to no service over the last four games, I'm not surprised that he's struggled.

He's had a bit of possession in decent positions but hasn't done much with it, but it's symptomatic of the whole team I reckon.

We'll be better once Masch is back and Riera might give us more balance.

I think Agger will push hard for a place too but Rafa does seem to like the aerial presence of Skrtel, Skrtel's pace is also pretty good.

Well I can blame Kuyt for not being able to control a ball after a five yard pass, when he's on about £40K a week or something.

Its not just Kuyt though, we are massively techincally inferior team to Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea.

Truth is I didn't see any of the game - I had the last 5 mins on audio commentary only, so I can't argue with you one way or another on that.

I did watch us at S'land and against 'boro at the weekend, though, and, in both games, we played well at times and not so well at others. In both games, however, we got 3pts. In my judgement, we probably wouldn't have won either of those two matches last season or the season before that, or the season before that. Performances are not everything. Winning is.

I wish I shared your optimism. Of course we are going to get better but I don't think we have the right players to play in the right positions to mount a serious title challenge or advance far in Europe. The first few games are evidence of that.

People can rattle on about Utd last season till the cows come home as far as i'm concerned but the fact is that they had the personnel to improve. We on the other hand unfortunately don't.

If we don't miraculously get in a quality wide player or two before the end of this transfer window then we're screwed because by January it's too late.

He's had a poor start to the season, certainly not carried on the form from the end of last season but virtually all outfield players have been massively below par. Only Carra IMO can be relatively pleased with his individual perfromance.

But I don't think he was in form at all, he played really well in the Champions League knock out stages, which is about 4 or 5 games out of a shit load more. He was piss poor the entire season in the league, and some of his performances were unbelievably bad to the point were they helped the opposition more than anything. He scored nothing but two penalties in a game where he should've been sent off, and scored one against Newcastle, which doesn't really count cause its Newcastle.

He isn't good enough, not as a starter anyway.

Yep. But it's the same with Babel. He needs a clear 10 yards around him in all directions if he's to take the ball under control. We have two players with a really appalling first touch in the team. It's no secret why we give the ball away so cheaply compared to most other Premiership teams.

You know what really grinds my gears, shit footballing ability, and a lack of bottle when it comes to taking initiative and doing something with the ball. On that note I must say Arvelo Arbeloa REALLY Grinds my gears. He's an awful full back, he really is.

He's had a bit of possession in decent positions but hasn't done much with it, but it's symptomatic of the whole team I reckon.

We'll be better once Masch is back and Riera might give us more balance.

I think Agger will push hard for a place too but Rafa does seem to like the aerial presence of Skrtel, Skrtel's pace is also pretty good.

Despite what we might think, Torres isn't Superman. He can't do it all himself and whilst he has had the ball in decnt positions a few times, he's hardly had a lot of options.

I don't think Mascherano will help us that much as our main problem is located further up the pitch and on the wings. Riera? I think he's a panic buy.