You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs. Standard Liege

Captain

It's always Dirk though. Torres was nowhere tonight. Benayoun was not good, in fact there were a few that didn't play at all well. Yet Dirk gets the crap. He played poorly and scored, others played poorly and didn't, why does he get all the shit?

Erm, the really simple answer to that is that Dirk is poor in quite a lot of games. Sometimes he pops up with an important goal, all of the time he works his socks off, but overall the quality of his performances are not up to standard. That's why he gets stick, it's a direct correlation.

Benyoun isn't good enough either, i've been saying that for fucking ages. Torres was shite tonight but he has scored 34 goals in 50 games (!) so he gets a bit of slack, which I think is fair enough.

Torres isn't a worry long-term, but Kuyt most certainly is, especially if Rafa continues to pick him.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't play well when the formation changed though? He was still giving the ball away with his silly little one touch passes, and still doing fuck all. He scored, but that was all about Babel than anything. He was as shit as he has been all season, and for the majority of the last season.

Well you watched a different last 30 mins to me then. But that doesnt surprise me.

You're failing to acknowledge he played well when the formation changed. Sure he was gash at 4-4-2 and he shouldnt be playing there. I'm not surprised he won the game for us though.

He didn't play well at all really Thants. That's the pink specs again. He was still dire. Unless you're talking about the two off target shots, or the misdirected passes. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad he was there to put the ball into the net, but he was back to his usual level.

I wasn't going to comment on his performance, as he'd scored the goal and all, but I can't let this wrongest of wrong appraisals go, I just can't. See, you lot bring it on yourself.

What struck me tonight was how deep Gerrard was playing.

I love his hero tackles on the edge of the box. Knowing full well the next time he gets the ball will be on the edge of the box(oppos)

In this system he is no use. He is a good CM no more.

As an atttacking m he is superb.

In fairness I think his reluctance to get forward was more down to him not being fully fit.

Guest TK-421
Arbeloa giving away free kicks and Kuyt giving away the ball :(

Hah.

Arbeloa and Kuyt are a comedy act again

they have given it away endless amounts of times, given away fouls and broken up attacks leading to all their shots and shit

Hah.

did you see that bit with Kuyt, Gerrard and Yossi trying to get it away and they can't?

it's awful . they're winning possession and free kicks and stuff

Hah.

I'm starting to loose faith with Rafa persistence of using Dirk on the right.

Too sum up, he's fucking shite.

Hah.

Arbeloa gives it away again leading to another free kick, see the basics suck from Arbeloa, Kuyt and Benayoun

can't give it away that much and not expect any heat

Hah.

Arbeloa is on the entire right flank on his own tbf.

Kuyt with a weak free header wide. He is fucking shit.

You are.

Kuyt got himself into trouble there sending it back to pepe

if anyone cannot see our problems then they're blind

we blatantly have players not good enough

Hah.

Next person to mention Kuyt, Benayoun or Arbeloa takes it up the rusty sheriffs badge and likes it.

Ace.

Arbeloa, Kuyt, Benayoun.

Hah! PB takes it up the rusty sheriffs badge and likes it.

Kuyt is fuckin muck 6/7 decent games towards the end of last season and people were blinkerd to how shit he is, arbeloa is'nt far behind him, Rafa thinks a right side of the team with those 2 will challenge this season! I'd take the £12m now for alonso in a heartbeat, How the fuck he could justify not having maschereno involved tonight is bafffling. Width whats that a Religous Holiday in june!!!!

Hah.

great pass dirk, comes straight back and Sktel fouls, another free kick given away

Hah.

Kuyt does so many passes off the outside of his foot that don't come off it's infuriating, your not fucking Zidane stop trying shit you don't have the skill top pull off

Hah.

Question is will Rafa take off his lover Dirk?

Hah.

i cant watch any more

Hah.

please get kuyt off

You get off.

Get Dirk off the fucking pitch for fucks sake.

And you.

Jim Beglin is a cunt.

He can be.

El Zhar coming on, hopefully for Kuyt but will probably be for Keane.

Hah.

Rafa's players so rafa has to take responsibility for this crap we are seeing.

You are.

No, he's not. He has had a real stinker so far tough. We desperately need him higher up the pitch. I say bring on Plessis, take Kuyt off, and move Gerrard to the right.

Don't take Kuyt off.

sounds like the crowd have had enough of Kuyt

You can never have enough of Kuyt.

Has to be one of the worst individual perfomances i've ever seen for Liverpool from Kuyt tonight.

Sorry for all of the Dirk lovers, but surely you have to admit that he's really struggled tonight? Everyone has been below par but he can hardly control the fucking ball now.

Sorry for all the Dirk haters, but suck my balls.

Fuck off Dirk with your shit little touhches that don't work.

You fuck off.

F*CK OFF REBEL23.

Is right.

Kuyt has been shit all night, and now the beauts will be back out saying he is invaluable. That was all Babel, and probably his first decent cross. Ever.

You're a beaut.

since dirk moved from his right wing position he was fine. 442 doesn't suit him, that's all. Does he whinge? No, that's left for the girls on here.

Is the right answer.

it doesn't excuse 120 mins of bad play though

obviously delighted but those who say "we got the win, job done" without looking at the flaws are seriously mad!

You are.

Odd that people are having a go at Kuyt as Benayoun was just as guilty as him at continually cutting inside towards a congested midfield. Both Kuyt & Yossi were poor when we deployed the 4-4-2, as were both our fullbacks.

We did look better when we reverted to the 4-2-3-1 and, what a surprise, we got a goal when we finally played with a bit of width...

Our two "wingers" did not work tonight at 442. The one time a real wide player got into a position to take on a full back, did it and put a cross in from somewhere other than the half way mark we scored a goal. Makes sense. I'm hoping to god we revert to 4-2-3-1 full time now all the players from the Olympics are back.

If i read one more article or thread involving "Liverpool" "lack of" and "width" after the villa game I think i'll go mad

Its called a bandwagon. I'm not buying a ticket. Do bandwagons have tickets?

You're what's called a super fan, do you have to buy a subscription for that?

Can't believe you still get away posting on here after saying that you wanted us to sign James Milner and Kevin fucking Davies.

Thats where the wing backs should overlap.

Problem is we have Arbeloa, Degen, Dossena and Aurelio and not Roberto Carlos and Cafu (in their heyday) We desperately need some really attacking qulaity outwide in the final 3rd. Without it I fear we'll be reosrting to trying to grind out far more games like tonight than we should.

It's always Dirk though. Torres was nowhere tonight. Benayoun was not good, in fact there were a few that didn't play at all well. Yet Dirk gets the crap. He played poorly and scored, others played poorly and didn't, why does he get all the shit?

I can't believe it mate.

The team was poor overall and Kuyt came up with the winner. End of story. We will improve and we will play a lot better than that.

Some of you lot, calm down. We are through and it was tough. We always have couple of bad games in Europe and let us hope that these were those two games.

GO MARCHING NOW REDMEN.

You're what's called a super fan, do you have to buy a subscription for that?

Can't believe you still get away posting on here after saying that you wanted us to sign James Milner and Kevin fucking Davies.

Haha!! I still think Milner will be an asset. What the fuck is a superfan? - an overused term which means nothing.

As stressful as any game I can remember - looking ignominy in the face.

In the first half there was a spell of twenty minutes when we were getting the most embarrassing bumming we've experienced since.....the first leg.

We grew visibly the longer the game went on and the cobwebs blew away - just a lack of invention and we telegraphed everything that looked promising through sheer clumsiness.

We showed some great character, in the absence of quality, in the later stages - notably Aurelio, El Zhar (great performance in the circumstances), and Kuyt. Rafa was totally right to persist with Dirk despite a fairly poor showing - he never gives up and thats why I can forgive him all the terrible touch and clumsiness.

Babel finally did what he was supposed too and the only decent bit of wing-play from us in 120 minutes yielded the goal.

Viva La Rafalucion ! The Belgian upstarts finally dumped in the dustbin of history marked 'Belgian Bourgeois Lickspittles' by their sworn enemy Commandante Kuyto, flower of the Dutch proletariat. We march on comrades to once more unleash the Red Horde upon continental Europe.

Viva El Zhar, who will surely leave a Z carved upon the arse of a cowering Europe after it refuses to let him feel its muscles.

Haven't really got the energy to get into anything on here, the bottom line is though that we won and I'm grateful for that at least. Poor performance though without a doubt and badly lacking width as usual. Everything on the flanks is very poor quality, and Kuyt, Benayoun and the two fullbacks wouldn't look out of place in the Porstmouth team, a shame really as the spine of the side wouldn't look out of place at Real Madrid.

There's two teams there, as there's been for an age, half of them simple are not capable of anything more than they're showin, or trapping a ball properly for that matter.

repped

Grazie lei!

It's amazing how many people will roll out the old 'first is first, second is nowhere' line, but then be disappointed if we don't treat every team that turns up as a sideshow in the main attraction that is us playing fantasy footrball.

We exist to win football matches. Sometimes that means scrapping like dogs, even when you don't expect to have to. If you scrap 3 matches on the spin with late goals, that tells you something (positive) about the team. Sure, in itself it's not a long-term strategy, but it's an important part of it.

It's easily forgotten that Liverpool were once thought of by many as a lucky team - a team that scrapped games, got those 1-0 victories in the last 5 mins , got that spawny pen through digging away again and again. That was us (at times...and often the difference between being 1st and 2nd) and it's something we've been missing. With the players we have now, playing decent football will come, but digging out victories when not playing well is a lot harder to come by.

The Dirk issue.

He scored tonight and we should thank him for that as he dug us out of the shit. He was woeful though and the level of his performance shouldn't be overlooked either, it's a long term issue.

Agreed.

But am I the only who is worried by Torres? He is a fantastic player, but take away that strike against Sunderland and he has done nothing in 4 matches? He has lookt very tired, and I fear the Euro`s zapped a lot of energy out of him? We need a Torres at his best against the Mancs and Villa.

Another point, I do think what we need is a real *tough* opposition. A top team often makes us rais our game. So I would`nt be surprised if we play superb all of a sudden against Villa. But our level of performance so far is really a worry, despite our winning run.

To be honest to complete over reaction to Kuyt is laughable. Some people cannot see fault with him for some reason, others refuse to praise him for anything. He'a decent player, no more no less. He'll work his bollocks off, occasionally create a goal for you and score a few too (IMO he's been very lucky that the goals recently have been important ones in the CL) but on the whole he should be no more than a squad player (an important one though but not a regular)