You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This Jade Goody

Bourbon

• 1 year later...

I was thinking about this thread recently, and I was glad to see the spirit that made Jade such an inspiration is alive and well in her relatives.

Jade Goody's mum Jackiey Budden flogs teddy bears left on tragic star's grave - mirror.co.uk

Jade Goody's mum Jackiey Budden flogs teddy bears left on tragic star's grave

Jade Goody’s *mother has been selling *teddy bears left by her daughter’s grave for 50p a time… at cheap car boot sales.

Jackiey Budden, 52, has also been hawking off cuddly toys belonging to Jade’s precious sons Bobby and *Freddy for a pittance.

Former drug addict Jackiey has even sold treasured childhood bears *belonging to cancer victim Jade herself.

The revelation that Jackiey has sold off boxes full of teddy bears left in her daughter’s memory at her grave and home rather than donating them to a good cause will cause immense sadness among Jade’s thousands of fans.

As she sold on toys for a pitiful 50p each, Jackiey was overheard saying: “These are from Jade’s grave.”

Later, as she packed up her makeshift stall, she added: “We’ve made enough money now, let’s go down the pub.”

Last night, at her ground floor council flat, Jackiey admitted: “I was at the boot sale with a friend and we were selling at a stall.

“I sold lots of toys that were the boys’. I didn’t really think about it because I just put them in a bag and took them down there.”

And Jackiey – filmed snorting cocaine on a drugs binge in March, three days before the first anniversary of Jade’s death aged just 27 – added: “They sold pretty quick.

“I don’t think I have done much wrong, to be honest. People do these things.”

Locals were aghast to see Jackiey set up a market stall at Fisher Athletic Football Club’s ground in the tough Bermondsey area of south-east London where Jade grew up.

One local woman, who did not want to be named, said: “I heard Jackiey’s voice before I heard anything else. She was selling mainly children’s toys on a large table.

“She was yelling to try to get people to buy.

“The toys looked like they belonged to her grandsons Bobby and Freddy. But then I saw *another cardboard box of cuddly items in front of the stand.

“Most of the things in that box were girly and pink.

Then I thought ‘Oh my God’ these things were either Jade’s when she was younger or things given to her after her death.

“It sent a shudder down my spine. Someone asked about the teddy bears and Jackiey said ‘Oh, I don’t need them anymore’.”

Another woman added: “I couldn’t believe how blatant Jackiey was being. Some of that stuff had clearly come straight from poor Jade’s grave.

“How could she stand there doing that, selling it at 50p a go so she could go down the pub?”

Jobless Jackiey – who lives off £64.30-a-week income support and £27.40-a-week disability allowance – cared for Jade round the clock in the final weeks of her battle against cervical cancer.

Jackiey, who was left £10,000 in Jade’s £3million will, insisted at the time: “I couldn’t care less if it was £10, ten thousand or a hundred thousand, it will only go on Jade’s sons anyway.

“Just before she died Jade said to me: ‘Mum, please do three things for me, look after Jack (Jade’s widow Jack Tweed), Freddy and Bobby’.

"I don’t need wonga for that.”

But the boys’ concerned father Jeff Brazier removed Jackiey’s access to them after her Tenerife cocaine disgrace eight months ago while on a break with toyboy lover Aaron Woolhouse, 31.

Jackiey has recently been allowed by Jeff to resume seeing Bobby, seven, and Freddy, six.

Thousands lined the streets for Jade’s funeral as she made her final journey from Bermondsey to the Essex cemetery where she was laid to rest, close to the home she shared with the boys.

The graveside and pavement outside Jade’s house became focal points for well-wishers from across Britain who left toys and flowers in memory of the former dental nurse.

Jade, who found fame on Big Brother and whose cancer fight touched millions, died on Mothering Sunday last year.

Jackiey’s spokesman said: “There were hundreds of bears and cuddly toys left outside Jade’s house.

“When she was clearing out the house, Jackiey gave most of them to the local hospital. Others she sold. She says they were not from the grave and she says that she gave the money to charity.”

I was thinking about this thread recently, and I was glad to see the spirit that made Jade such an inspiration is alive and well in her relatives.

Jade Goody's mum Jackiey Budden flogs teddy bears left on tragic star's grave - mirror.co.uk

Given that spirit seems to include bullying, racism and idiocy I don't think selling some tat is all that bad.

I had no time at all for Goody but that Mirror article is as hatchety as you can get. Loads of annonymous sources all talking in tabloid headlines about selling some toys. Of course it it's all sold as her selling people's love and hope for crack and vodka but then normal car-boot sales don't make great headlines do they?

Hate sells.

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...