You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stephen Appiah, free agent.

Code

Stephen Appiah is now a free agent after he terminated his contract with Fenerbache after a fall out with the management.

Since he is a free agent and is a better player than Essien and certainly G.Barry we should be in for him.

He has been out injured for almost a season, but is back and ready to go now according to reports.

He will probably not even register on our radar but he deffo should be, absolutely superb player. :thumbup:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Stephen Appiah is now a free agent after he terminated his contract with Fenerbache after a fall out with the management.

Since he is a free agent and is a better player than Essien and certainly G.Barry we should be in for him.

He has been out injured for almost a season, but is back and ready to go now according to reports.

He will probably not even register on our radar but he deffo should be, absolutely superb player. :thumbup:

You sir are funnier than Robbief and Windass

I get it now

Hats off sir, consider yourself repped

Appiah is a very good player. If funds are tight then spend money on a wide player and bring Appiah in for the holding midfield role. Infact bring in Appiah anyway and if he turns out to be a flop he has a good resale value, so the owners should go for it.

I think as a wide player IMO should be top priority, he could be a great signing and free up funds.

However, better than Essien he most definately is not. Not a chance.

That will explain why he's playing in Turkey as well.

He was playing for Juventus before he went to Turkey and he was seen as the most talented midfielder in Serie A when Juventus bought him.

According to a few sources he has already turned down a move back to Juventus because he does not want to return to Italy.

He was playing for Juventus before he went to Turkey and he was seen as the most talented midfielder in Serie A when Juventus bought him.

According to a few sources he has already turned down a move back to Juventus because he does not want to return to Italy.

He left Juve 3 years ago because he could not get a game. He would not have gone to Turkey if he was better than Essien, he would have ended up at a far bigger club in a better league.

Well worth a punt on a free as it's risk free but to say he's better than Essiaen is a bit daft.

Essien has only played in France and England, Appiah in Italy and Turkey so I can only compare them from what I have seen for Ghana and Appiah has been the stand out player, he is also the Ghana captain and his absence due ti injury from this years African Nations was seen as the main reason they did not win the title at home.

In all fairness when Appiah was at Juve they had Emerson playing the holding role, and he was arguably the best at it in the world at that time.

And Fenerbache are a very rich club, he was on around £60,000 a week there, and guaranteed European football basically every season.

There is no way hes back to Juve as they have Sissoko and Poulsen as holding midfielders. Although Tiago is reportedly on his way out, so if anyone I think they may possibly reignite their interest in Xabi.

I think he will end up at a top 6 club minimum.

Well worth a punt, as hes a great player.

I`m not sure who decides this, but they seem to think Appiah might have a decent case on the matter. :smile:

Appiah:

Ghana Footballer of the Year - Winner 2005

Ghana Footballer of the Year - Nominated 2006

Ghana Footballer of the Year - Winner 2007

Either way, he is a superb footballer, he is a box to box player and he is a free agent, he should tick most boxes apart from not being English.

An excellent player, certainly 2-4 years ago a world class prospect.

As a free agent, we could do worse but are well stocked; someone we have paid good money for wouldn't be getting game time.

However, I believe the BS are lining him up for a "medical" - ie "How much a year does he want...? Ah, no thank you"...

Not in Essien's world, though.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I`m not sure who decides this, but they seem to think Appiah might have a decent case on the matter. :smile:

Appiah:

Ghana Footballer of the Year - Winner 2005

Ghana Footballer of the Year - Nominated 2006

Ghana Footballer of the Year - Winner 2007

Either way, he is a superb footballer, he is a box to box player and he is a free agent, he should tick most boxes apart from not being English.

El Hadji Diouf

African Player of the Year - Winner 2002

African Player of the Year - Winner 2001

I have always thought the lad was a very very good player every time i have seen him play on the left of midfield

I think that he might have some issues as he seems to be able to fall out with himself in a empty house

I dont know if he is better than Essian as i have seen Essian play LM

If he comes to the Prem and he is still the same player then i think a lot of people will be suprised just how good a player he is

If it was just about playing then he would be a no brainer, much better than anyone we have in LM, but i think its more than just playing with this guy,

As a player i would have him without a moments thought