You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Windass is a prophet who tells it like it is.

Respect.

I agree. Windass is the messiah.

firemen driving through Newcastle to show off to geordie lasses is clearly a parable from the messiah telling us to check our smoke alarms.

Check your smoke alarms people.

Hail windass.

Firemen are all my arse, apart from when it comes to being brave and saving lives and stuff. It's a complete fallacy that firemen are all strapping fit 20 somethings, strutting round with no top on, just a pair of braces holding their trousers up which cling beautifully to their tanned, rigid backsides; and wearing smudges of soot across their faces like a mask of sex.

In reality they're all in their 50s, short, fat, and wear navy t-shirts 2 sizes too small that are bursting against the stress of their paunches, and tucked into their navy farahs. At my kids' summer fair a few weeks ago, I was delighted to see our local fire service holding a display, and near ran over to the fire engine dragging my little girl by the hand behind me as her knees scraped across the tarmac. When I surveyed the sorry sample of fit firemen before me my face showed more disappointment than my son's had 5 minutes previously when he'd won a prize in the tombola and unwrapped it expectantly to find a filthy, 7 year old Happy Meal toy.

3 of my wife's mates have asked can they stay at our house next month ( I hope they are joking ) as we back onto Crocky Hall Park where the World Firefighter games are being held.

I suggested to them that after me , any of the Ickies were going to be a disappointment .

They are all still laughing.

Firemen are all my arse, apart from when it comes to being brave and saving lives and stuff. It's a complete fallacy that firemen are all strapping fit 20 somethings, strutting round with no top on, just a pair of braces holding their trousers up which cling beautifully to their tanned, rigid backsides; and wearing smudges of soot across their faces like a mask of sex.

In reality they're all in their 50s, short, fat, and wear navy t-shirts 2 sizes too small that are bursting against the stress of their paunches, and tucked into their navy farahs. At my kids' summer fair a few weeks ago, I was delighted to see our local fire service holding a display, and near ran over to the fire engine dragging my little girl by the hand behind me as her knees scraped across the tarmac. When I surveyed the sorry sample of fit firemen before me my face showed more disappointment than my son's had 5 minutes previously when he'd won a prize in the tombola and unwrapped it expectantly to find a filthy, 7 year old Happy Meal toy.

Whoa there SKI, not all of us are over 50 and fat, you obviously picked the wrong day as i must have been off, although i will agree that there is a myth that all FF's are bronzed adonis's, whilst some of us are of course :whistle: most are just normal blokes who are no different from anyone else. My missus laughs when her mates say all FF's are gorgeous, she wants to know where she went wrong with me, cheeky mare.