You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently they're now doing a remake of The Craft. That's kind of mental, will be almost impossible to top the original.

A fair few people not happy either : http://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/celeb-life/fans-in-uproar-over-the-craft-remake-330886.html

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23thecraft&src=typd

The Craft? The one with Neve Campbell? I don't even remember it so to say it's almost impossible to top the original is a strange thing to say. Unless it was sarcasm or there is another film called The Craft that is actually decent.

It just used to be a film I liked a lot when I was younger. We all have our own films that we get into, even if quite a lot of others don't really like them, think they're shit, etc. I guess that's how you get cult films. For me and by the looks of it quite a few others, it was just one of those, and they won't make a version that I'll like better. I can state that comfortably now I think, I won't like the remake as much.

Agreed with this comment from The Guardian, as well basically :

I've always had a soft spot for The Craft - it's fun. I suppose they'll "update" the script, removing how the girls turn on each other like rats in a barrel, and drain out the fun as they send solemn political messages, and focus on special effects to beat the band.

The endless reboots of successful films of the past are so telling about the paucity of imagination out there.

They can do whatever the fuck they want with this remake, for some of us it just won't work. And you're not going to get 4 actresses that work together as well as the originals did. I never thought I'd get wound up about a remake, but this was just a film I really liked back when I was younger. Am going to find it and watch it later anyway, it's been years since I saw it. I hope they have some success with it, just think they should try doing something original and leave this alone.

I get that this maybe seems wierd, but most here will have films like this, (and many of them will probably get remade eventually too. I'll leave you to it if/when that happens!)

I guess it's just one of the films I grew up with a bit. There's others I'd be unhappy about that many think are shit as well I guess. Pump Up The Volume with Christian Slater, SFW with Stephen Dorff, and several others I can't even remember right now. Films I grew up with to an extent. Some films should just be left. Fuck Hollywood.

SFW and Pump up the volume were faves of mine growing up.

Huzzah! Yeah they were both great films. I don't think they should ever be remade either, they're just great for exactly what they are. The Craft for me just falls into that category as well.

I'm so fucking sick of superhero films.

Is the right answer. Saturation point was exceeded ages ago.

Apart from the new Mad Max film I cannot think of a single other film this year that has even roused my curiosity.

In an attempt to get them watching some decent stuff I banned the kids from watching any film with talking animals in it some time ago, if I did the same about superhero films then I might as well sell the telly!

There's about 50000 films released every year, there's about 5 or so superhero ones. I'm sure if you tried even a smidgen you could avoid watching one.

Not all 50000 have as an aggressive ubiquitous marketing campaign for several months though. It's just power house Marvel saturating the action film market over and over.

Apart from the new Mad Max film I cannot think of a single other film this year that has even roused my curiosity.

In an attempt to get them watching some decent stuff I banned the kids from watching any film with talking animals in it some time ago, if I did the same about superhero films then I might as well sell the telly!

Bingo.

Captain Bastard

I'm so fucking sick of superhero films.

I still think a high point was reached with Age Of Ultron that won't be passed for quite some time now. X-Men: Apocalypse might be an exception, and parts of the next Captain America film maybe, but from here on out it might just start to get really stale for some time.

For me they have to start looking at some of the more original and out there storylines from the comics and mix things up quite a bit, take some risks. Marvel's House of M storyline is the type of area that I'm thinking about, just go for it and at least try to surprise people.

We need a Superhero film to really flop hard for them to think again about churning out constant shite.  The Green Lantern deterred DC for a bit, but then they made a billion £ from the 3rd Batman and all was right in the world.  Marvel haven't have a flop yet, even that Electra film which was a disgrace made a small profit. 

My only hope of a future Marvel flop is Ant-Man. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We need a Superhero film to really flop hard for them to think again about churning out constant shite. The Green Lantern deterred DC for a bit, but then they made a billion £ from the 3rd Batman and all was right in the world. Marvel haven't have a flop yet, even that Electra film which was a disgrace made a small profit.

My only hope of a future Marvel flop is Ant-Man.

That'll be a mega hit, I reckon.