You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvel has revealed the official cast list forCaptain America: Civil War, and there are a couple of big surprises in there.

Topping the list is the news that Paul Rudd, fresh off this July's Ant-Man, will reprise his role as Scott Lang/Ant-Man, marking his first appearance alongside the Avengers. 

Also now official is that Paul Bettany will take his second screen turn as the Vision after debuting one week ago as the synthezoid inAvengers: Age of Ultron. Confirming what she revealed two weeks ago, Elizabeth Olsen is also coming back as Scarlet Witch.

But wait, there's more! Chadwick Boseman is confirmed to make his debut as Black Panther, while returning from way back in 2008's The Incredible Hulk will be William Hurt as Gen. Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross.

Interestingly, while Daniel Bruhl and Martin Freeman are both listed as part of the cast, their roles are not revealed in Marvel's official press release (although Bruhl himself said he was playing Baron Zemo).

Production on Avengers 2.5 Captain America: Civil War has begun this month in Atlanta, with filming also scheduled to take place in Germany, Puerto Rico and Iceland. Returning behind the camera from Captain America: The Winter Soldier are Joe and Anthony Russo, while the colossal cast also includes Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America, Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Don Cheadle as Jim Rhodes/War Machine, Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter/Agent 13 and Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones.

Of course, there's still one name missing in all this -- and that's the person playing Spider-Man. But with the list reportedly down to two candidates, stay tuned for news on that front as well.

Read the official synopsis below. Captain America: Civil War arrives in theaters 364 days from now, on May 6, 2016.

Captain America: Civil War picks up where Avengers: Age of Ultron left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

http://www.blastr.com/2015-5-7/ant-man-and-more-confirmed-captain-america-civil-war

Sounds ambitious for a single film. Maybe too ambitious. Boseman was hardly a surprise as he appeared onstage with Evans and Downey Jr when Marvel announced Phase 3.

Is it just me that sees the words 'Ant Man' and thinks 'bitch, please'.

I mean I'm well aware of the comic book heritage and blah blah blah but sorry, I can't generate even a tiny frisson of excitement about the film, or indeed the character.

Given the insane amount of money Marvel must be making from all these movies, I wish they'd just say fuck it and give us Avengers vs X-Men.  It would cost a fortune, be a scheduling nightmare and feature half of Hollywood given the casts for the two franchises but it would be boss.

That or the Black Widow movie so I can just fap myself to death Randy Marsh style over Scarlett in that catsuit.

Is it just me that sees the words 'Ant Man' and thinks 'bitch, please'.

I mean I'm well aware of the comic book heritage and blah blah blah but sorry, I can't generate even a tiny frisson of excitement about the film, or indeed the character.

Given the insane amount of money Marvel must be making from all these movies, I wish they'd just say fuck it and give us Avengers vs X-Men.  It would cost a fortune, be a scheduling nightmare and feature half of Hollywood given the casts for the two franchises but it would be boss.

That or the Black Widow movie so I can just fap myself to death Randy Marsh style over Scarlett in that catsuit.

They don't own the rights to X-Men, I'm sure they'd love to do it too but it would be a legal nightmare.

This looks promising though might give the 3D version a miss with my head for heights....apologies if already been posted.

I remember seeing a great documentary on Phillipe Petit called Man on Wire which is what the movie is based on so hopefully it will be as good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFXsDEB9iS0

I saw the trailer in IMAX 3d the other night. I almost fell out of my chair. Looked terrifyingly real. Very impressive

They don't own the rights to X-Men, I'm sure they'd love to do it too but it would be a legal nightmare.

Got to be a deal to be cut there.  It's the movie equivalent of Mayweather v Pacquiao, although hopefully with more action and a better ending.

• Upvote 1