You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Aye and I think Jack Nicholson was much better than Heath Ledger at being the Joker, him being a far superior actor helped.

I've watched The Dark Knight a few times, tried to understand what all the fuss is about but I just don't get it at all. Anyway, I've said my piece on the matter.

Spas, etc.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta be honest I'm getting a bit tired with these Marvel crash bang wallop CGI driven movies....In the last one they destroyed a city beating the baddies and again in this one by the looks they're flattening a city again....Wouldn't it just be easier and less costly to let the bad guys win?

As I said in another thread, Michael Bay pretty much sums them up.

I can't work out how DC/Warner continually fuck up their properties, even going as far as to not tie in their TV Show characters with the rest of their universe. I think it might be down to a lack of a singular figure, like Kevin Feige at Marvel, who is able to knit it all together. The recent Batman films were great because they were Chris Nolan films, not because Warner had any vision.

In a weird way I think I almost prefer that approach, as it means each outing will be somewhat unique. I didn't like how DC started to tie things in with their comics, bringing people like John Constantine away from his own world.

Marvel are sitting on some stunning characters, but they'll never get the backing they need until they've flogged their current roster to death and are in need of something different. I just want one decent Ghost Rider film. Just one.

In a weird way I think I almost prefer that approach, as it means each outing will be somewhat unique. I didn't like how DC started to tie things in with their comics, bringing people like John Constantine away from his own world.

Marvel are sitting on some stunning characters, but they'll never get the backing they need until they've flogged their current roster to death and are in need of something different. I just want one decent Ghost Rider film. Just one.

I didn't like Constantine moving to the regular DC Universe either but in terms of movies/TV, there's nothing better than a big, boss team-up.

Same when Garth Ennis left Punisher and the MAX imprint stopped. The Punisher in the regular Marvel Universe is shit, although putting him in the next season of Daredevil would be gangbusters.

Yep, I ditched it as soon as that stopped too. There used to be some great Vertigo and Max comics - I always liked the Tim Bradstreet covers. The issue of Hellblazer he illustrated is fantastic.

Constantine was always a part of the regular DC universe he debuted in Swamp Thing. When Hellblazer started they chose to keep him in his own limited personal world, but characters such as Lucifer, Meohistopheles and Sandman - all part of the regular DC universe - would occasionally appear.

Constantine was always a part of the regular DC universe he debuted in Swamp Thing. When Hellblazer started they chose to keep him in his own limited personal world, but characters such as Lucifer, Meohistopheles and Sandman - all part of the regular DC universe - would occasionally appear.

But Constantine would never interact with mainline DC characters like he does now.

I hope Mad Max is good.

Please let it be at least half as good as the trailers look, I've been waiting a long time for this, not expecting it to be as good as the road warrior, but let it be good.

Love the fact that Hugh Keays-Byrne who played Toecutter in the original is the new villain, Immortan Joe, in this one.