You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with NV's point to an extent, I can see why people do get bored with them.

It's not just Marvel release a film every 6 months. They are popular films & probably run in the cinema for a good 3 months each. The hype will start 6 months before that. Add in the DC films, Spider-Man, X-Men, some graphic novel etc etc & I bet there is at least 1 superhero / comic film showing in multiplexes through the year.

Also, as these films cost a lot to make, they've got to market them heavily to get their money back so adverts for these films will be run throughout the films cinema run. Marketing for the Age Of Ultron is ridiculous, you can't get through an ad break without an advert for it & last summer every bus seemed to have a Guardians Of The Galaxy advert on it!

Then you have the TV shows - Flash, Arrow, Daredevil, AoS - these aren't as heavily marketed but they are popping up more and more.

And it's not just the actual shows, Film 2015, Kermode & Mayo etc will all talk about these films a couple of times a month.

Pick up Empire & Total Film and you can pretty much guarantee they'll have a superhero feature at least every other month - sometimes more than one.

I'm about to walk into Leeds on my diner hour & I know already I'll see superhero stuff everywhere - buses, billboards, phone boxes , McDonalds, the LCD screen at Trinity....and I'm not even going to be walking past a cinema!

The above sounds like I'm moaning, I'm not as I enjoy the Marvel, X-Men, Raimi Spider-Man & Nolan Batman films greatly, I really do. But I can certainly see that if you don't like comic book films, you can be bored by them pretty much saturating the market.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Sony re-booting Spiderman again, and having signed a deal with Marvel to allow them to use the re-booted Spiderman first in Captain America: Civil War.

Sony are clearly keen to tie in with the MCU and have some of that success rub off on them.

Smartest move Sony could have done is give Marvel something to work with.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

How many Spider-Man movies does there need to be? There were the ones with Toby Maguire, then Andrew Garfield one which seemed exactly the same as the other one to me, and now another one. Fucking hell. Fire up a new Iron Man.

Under the old deal Sony had to have a Spiderman movie in the works every 2-4 years (cant remember) otherwise the rights reverted back to Marvel.

Sony only paid a few million for the rights so no way they are letting that go.

Blade is back in Marvels hands now

I wish Marvel could get X-Men back. Integrating them would be ace - especially if they retained the cast.

The cast is changing soon

I read that Jennifer Lawrence wont be back and Jackman is leaving soon. Same happening with Marvel as Chris Evans and Robert Downey jnr say they are leavibg soon

Under the old deal Sony had to have a Spiderman movie in the works every 2-4 years (cant remember) otherwise the rights reverted back to Marvel.

Sony only paid a few million for the rights so no way they are letting that go.

Blade is back in Marvels hands now

Fox has the same deal with X-Men/Fantastic Four and I bet they're gutted they couldn't make Daredevil work now.

Ah,read the Dark Knight Returns

Batman have him dead to rights

I get that a decent writer might be able to pull it off, I just can't really take that film seriously though. In that clip they're both standing there ready to fight, Superman for me would just utterly destroy him if he wanted to in that situation with the powers that he has.

I like that Affleck has adopted Bale's Bat-growl.

The rest of the trailer shows next to nothing.

Why is this film coming out next March? I'm sure I read they've finished filming already. Captain America 3 comes out before this & they've not even started filming that yet!

I like that Affleck has adopted Bale's Bat-growl.

The rest of the trailer shows next to nothing.

Why is this film coming out next March? I'm sure I read they've finished filming already. Captain America 3 comes out before this & they've not even started filming that yet!

Civil War has a release date of May 5th or 6th. Originally Warner Brothers had the same date for BvS, but shit out of a straight fight with Marvel and moved their release date.