You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Snyder twitter account is showing a teaser trailer today, with the invitation to watch full trailer on Monday. I assume the above is the teaser.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BvS_rumor_BvS-trailer-coming-mid-April_4-15-15.html

Now comes a report from Latino-Review.com's "El Mayimbe" that a sneak peek of the trailer will be unveiled via Zack Snyder's twitter account this Thursday (April 16th) at 9AM. Futhermore, there will be instructions to see the full-teaser trailer at a theater on Monday, Additionally, the trailer will be attached to Marvel's THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON which hits theaters May 1st.

Maybe THIS is what was being dropped via social media as more source said. He didn't know exactly what was being revealed, but simply assumed it was the one sheet as he believed that the trailer would be attached to Warner's MAD MAX: FURY ROAD on May 15th (which was officially reported by VARIETY.COM on April 1st).

Frankly, I can't say this is either true or BS, sorry about that. I have reached out to Warner Bros. for a confirmation or denial, but I'm sure all I'll get is the "we have no comment on rumors" response. Look, Emberto is well-connected and has snagged some major scoops over the years, so this certainly could be happening. But he's been wrong before as well (as I have too, to be honest). I'd say take this with a grain of salt and we'll see if something goes down tomorrow.

On a relaed note, BRITISH BOARD OF FILM CERTIFICATION has officially classified and approved the trailer and lists the runtime for it at 2 minutes and 6 seconds.

BATMAN v SUPERMAN hits theate

I've just watched the Star Wars trailer again. It's still ace. As Section said earlier, it is full of tiny details, any one of which get you excited. Luke's robot hand when he's with R2 is mad. Also, it looks like there are two baddies: the Sith Lord and also the dude in the shiny metallic storm trooper outfit with the cape. He has bounty hunter potential, I reckon.

I was thinking yesterday about why the new Star Wars film looks so much better than the prequels (ignoring the fact the prequels are shite) & come to the conclusion it's because it looks like a Star Wars film.

There was hardly any contiuinity between the prequels & originals

* There were barely any of the same characters or if there were different actors

* The technology was vastly different - droid, star ships, short range ships...They didn't look at all remotely the same.

* Barely any of the original planets were used. In the original you got the sense Tatooine was a hive of scum & villany. In the prequel it looked like a nice Eqyptian holiday resort with a junk yard & boss F1 Track.

Nothing really linked the films, I bet they could pass as stand alone films.

The Force Awakens already shows more links to the originals - the Star Destroyers, the X-Wings, the Stormtroopers - to me, Star Wars was as much about those aspects as The For e & Luke. Yes, they all be a bit different & there will be new droids & ships etc but from what they've shown so far, there like to be a continuity that its definitely a Star Wars film.

Good point. Having Han, Luke, Leia and Chewy will help too. I wonder if Lando will pop up too. Bobba Fett survives the Sarlac in the books too so even he might appear. Maybe that's his new costume in the trailer!

I'm that pumped up for it I'm book two into the Thrawn trilogy, which were released in the early 90's and set 5 years after Return of The Jedi.

I know the new films don't look to be anything based on these books but I'm getting my fix anyway.

Pretty decent books to be fair too.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Doesn't do much for me. To be honest, I think I'm just reaching my limit with those types of movies. They're coming out every five minutes now, add to them the TV shows, and it's starting to be a little tedious.

• Upvote 2

Doesn't do much for me. To be honest, I think I'm just reaching my limit with those types of movies. They're coming out every five minutes now, add to them the TV shows, and it's starting to be a little tedious.

A lot of people say this, but I think it's fine the pace they're coming out. Marvel aren't as bad as made out. 2012 only the Avengers. 2013 Iron man 3 and Thor the dark world. 2014 Captain America the winter soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy. This year Avengers and Ant Man. It's less than one film every six months. And then you had the Batman and Spiderman films which is once every couple of years.

TV programmes I can take or leave, Daredevil and Arrow I watch but can't be arsed with Agents of Shield.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

A lot of people say this, but I think it's fine the pace they're coming out. Marvel aren't as bad as made out. 2012 only the Avengers. 2013 Iron man 3 and Thor the dark world. 2014 Captain America the winter soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy. This year Avengers and Ant Man. It's less than one film every six months. And then you had the Batman and Spiderman films which is once every couple of years.

TV programmes I can take or leave, Daredevil and Arrow I watch but can't be arsed with Agents of Shield.

Arrow I don't get on with. Shield was fairly shit for quite a long time, but is now watchable, if not wonderful. I still think it's relatively common. I'm talking about all superhero movies, not just Marvel. I do like them, some of them I really like (the first Iron Man is really good, I think), I just think it's quite saturated now. Maybe it's because if you don't catch them all on cinema release day, you've got them coming at you via Torrents and DVD and TV premiers.

Quite a few over the last decade or so: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_superhero_films

Marvel is moving to 3 films a year soon though, maybe next year or 2017.

Like anything, I like it if it's done well. The Marvel films are done well, therefore I've no issue them making more & more of them. They are entertaining & breezy escapism & aren't meant to be taken seriously. I know not everybody will like them, but for what the aim to be, they succeed.

I have a problem with a saturation of bad films - The Green Lantern, Amazing Spider-Man's etc. These are the films that make people sick of the genre.

Arrow I don't get on with. Shield was fairly shit for quite a long time, but is now watchable, if not wonderful. I still think it's relatively common. I'm talking about all superhero movies, not just Marvel. I do like them, some of them I really like (the first Iron Man is really good, I think), I just think it's quite saturated now. Maybe it's because if you don't catch them all on cinema release day, you've got them coming at you via Torrents and DVD and TV premiers.

Quite a few over the last decade or so: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_superhero_films

Even looking at that list you're looking a film maybe every 3/4 months once you exclude the ones that people either won't watch or class as superhero films ( Chronicle, TMNT, Ghost Rider ) and, to be fair, the majority of them, if you like this sort of thing at all, have been very, very good. 

The Marvel films, Batman and X-Men reboot are all first class in my opinion. Spiderman so-so and Superman shit. Better get used to it anyway, I was reading before Marvel have got films and story lines lined up through to 2028!

A few of those superhero films I don't class as anything like the Marvel ones anyway, they get included because they originate in comics, but stuff like Kick Ass and Dredd are totally different.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Even looking at that list you're looking a film maybe every 3/4 months once you exclude the ones that people either won't watch or class as superhero films ( Chronicle, TMNT, Ghost Rider ) and, to be fair, the majority of them, if you like this sort of thing at all, have been very, very good. 

The Marvel films, Batman and X-Men reboot are all first class in my opinion. Spiderman so-so and Superman shit. Better get used to it anyway, I was reading before Marvel have got films and story lines lined up through to 2028!

A few of those superhero films I don't class as anything like the Marvel ones anyway, they get included because they originate in comics, but stuff like Kick Ass and Dredd are totally different.

3/4 months + TV Shows. That's quite a lot in my book, mate. Considering they're big budget movies that take years to make. I'm with you on the quality of most of them, though. They're really good. I'm just getting fatigued. It's a but like having your favourite cheesecake. It's nice, but you know you should have saved the second half for tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Sony re-booting Spiderman again, and having signed a deal with Marvel to allow them to use the re-booted Spiderman first in Captain America: Civil War.

Sony are clearly keen to tie in with the MCU and have some of that success rub off on them.

3/4 months + TV Shows. That's quite a lot in my book, mate. Considering they're big budget movies that take years to make. I'm with you on the quality of most of them, though. They're really good. I'm just getting fatigued. It's a but like having your favourite cheesecake. It's nice, but you know you should have saved the second half for tomorrow.

Suppose so if you don't watch much else, but in reality it means a film in April, one in August and one in December. With about 50 different films watched in between at least, for me.

Same with the TV shows. In between finishing Arrow around January and starting Daredevil I've watched 3 twenty three episode seasons of Person of Interest, a season of Empire, A season of Bloodline, A season of Justified, A season of Banshee, A season of Archer, A season of it's always sunny. A season of Suits and Stalker. I'm just about ready for something like Daredevil right now.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Suppose so if you don't watch much else, but in reality it means a film in April, one in August and one in December. With about 50 different films watched in between at least, for me.

Same with the TV shows. In between finishing Arrow around January and starting Daredevil I've watched 3 twenty three episode seasons of Person of Interest, a season of Empire, A season of Bloodline, A season of Justified, A season of Banshee, A season of Archer, A season of it's always sunny. A season of Suits and Stalker. I'm just about ready for something like Daredevil right now.

Fuck off.