You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cage has been ace in movies and he has been horrible in movies.

He also has been in ace movies and he has been in horrible movies.

Wild at Heart, Adaption & Leaving Las Vegas, I'll give you.

Everything else, just no.

Top of my head Raising Arizona and Snake Eyes.

I've not seen either of them so I admit defeat in this debate & as a fitting punishment I'm off to watch Con Air whilst self harming with an Elizabethan cheese grater.

Tom cruise?

What? Really? Hes a 4ft joke with a massive peice of plasterboard between his eyes with a stunt double special effects a a yellow pages has managed to strike someone as talented is beyond me. I cant recall a single line hes ever uttered or the far too many films ive seen.

Even directors admit hes cast to get fannies on cinema seats and mongs pretend hes fuckin shakespeares sister. Well Ive got news for you van damme is more thespish than this prick.

• Upvote 3

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Tom Cruise is fucking awful.

I got negged twice for having a pop a Colin Farrell last week so I'm fully expecting the same again.

Who next, Nicholas Cage?

Cage was good in a couple of films. Cruise has been good in lots. Have you ever seen the last samurai?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I thought Cruise was typically dreadful in The Last Samurai.

I just can't understand that at all. What about Magnolia, Jerry Maguire, Vanilla Sky, The Firm, Born in the Fourth of July, A Few Good Men, Rain Man, The Colour of Money?

Dont think he was in the last samurai that was keanu reeves.

None descript actor that they both are.

It was essentially braveheart in japan but even mel gibson is a better actor and hes off his face most the day.

Hes been making films for 75 plus years now and the last samurai is hardly a film to suspend your disbelief in it. A forty year old elf going to japan to teach them how to duff people up with their own fighting philosophy. You watch it the whole time wondering why they didnt put their hand on his head or that surely his nose would have been sliced off even just practising with a sword it would have gotten lopped right off no respect for natural selection never fight with swords with a potruding nose or stiffy. Its like robocop shoot his chin off and get on with the corporatisation of Detroit please thats how it happens in real life. No last samurai was a load of shit but a great pr boost to flagging tom cruises career highlights of which include top gear and top gun a film made by the usa air force for pr and hes been outperformed since in every military recruitment advert by minimally paid actors ever since.

And the chap in the spoof of it.

• Upvote 3