You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 06/03/2020 at 15:36, mattyq said:

That looks ace but I wish they'd make one about Johnnie Walker who sank more U boats in the Battle of the Atlantic than any other Allied commander

A truly great man

And died of exhaustion in Bootle Town Hall, I believe.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Anubis said:

Tenet looks superb. Like the idea of The Old Guard but Netflix have a rum record when it comes to films. The Outpost looks like jingoistic crap riffing on Rourke’s Drift. Force Of Nature - meh.

Netflix movies are improving bit by bit. 

I've tried to be interested in that Nolan film but I just can't manage to do it. All I see is an action film (now I also see the usual Russian bad guys too) but things happen in reverse to give it a sci-fi spin, and that's it. There's no hint at all of why that's happening that leads me to any bigger part of what's going on so I can't bring myself to be interested at all. I know it's a trailer so we don't want big spoilers, but that seems to have gone the opposite way when it comes to having any idea of what the fuck is happening.

As for the action scenes though, well it looks like we've just seen part of almost every single one of them in that trailer.

Because it's Nolan I'll try to watch it, but no idea if I'll like it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Just seen a news snippet that Christopher Nolan's next film has been postponed 'indefinitely'.

Strange. I can understand them delaying until the cinemas can have full capacity but indefinitely sounds very serious.

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

Strange. I can understand them delaying until the cinemas can have full capacity but indefinitely sounds very serious.

I think it's because of how bad things have got in the US. There's some talk that it may get an international release in countries that have it under some kind of control with a view to then releasing it again to get maximum financial returns. If they are going that route (or even going a route that mitigates their losses from not being able to release in their own country) I would suggest that is massively serious and could change the way films are financed and released until this is under control in the US.

And therein lies the 'indefinitely'.

22 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I think it's because of how bad things have got in the US. There's some talk that it may get an international release in countries that have it under some kind of control with a view to then releasing it again to get maximum financial returns. If they are going that route (or even going a route that mitigates their losses from not being able to release in their own country) I would suggest that is massively serious and could change the way films are financed and released until this is under control in the US.

Wouldn't suprise me if a streaming service bought it like Apple did with Greyhound.

24 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Wouldn't suprise me if a streaming service bought it like Apple did with Greyhound.