You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, RedKnight said:

There's no way that doesn't get resolved. Too valuable to the MCU and Sony can't make a good movie to save their lives.

I can understand why Sony turned down a 50/50 split with Disney given their recent success with the Oscar winning ‘Into the spider-verse’ and the financial success of Venom but it’s Sony, they’ll be shooting themselves in the foot by going it alone out of the MCU. 

Hopefully WHEN Morbuis bombs (the ‘Spider-Man’ film no one has asked for) they will reconsider things. 

I just hope they don't look to do a Spider-Man & Venom crossover film in the meantime to try and keep audiences on-side. 

45 minutes ago, Juniper said:

I can understand why Sony turned down a 50/50 split with Disney given their recent success with the Oscar winning ‘Into the spider-verse’ and the financial success of Venom but it’s Sony, they’ll be shooting themselves in the foot by going it alone out of the MCU. 

Hopefully WHEN Morbuis bombs (the ‘Spider-Man’ film no one has asked for) they will reconsider things. 

I just hope they don't look to do a Spider-Man & Venom crossover film in the meantime to try and keep audiences on-side. 

People are already blaming them for this, the sheer negativity will depress the box office for future Spider-Man films. 

I don't count Spider-Verse as it"s animated and is much easier to do mad shit with.

Disney need those rights back, so some horse trading is needed. Like when they let Al Michaels go to NBC in exchange for the old rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Offer Sony Predator and Aliens rights for Spider-Man or something.

Sony's own Spiderman output since Raimi's third one has been absolute gash, bar Spiderverse. Venom was woeful too but it got a boost off the back of Marvel/Feige turning the Spiderman franchise around. Losing the director for the third movie too will likely hurt it.

I don’t see the point in The Matrix 4.

Neo and Trinity both died in the 3rd film & there was a firm ending to the trilogy. 

Although both had good moments, the sequels were nowhere near as good as the original.

Also, the Wachoski Brothers / Sisters have never done anything else of any serious note apart from the original. 

The first is a bonafide classic and I suppose it has become more relevant than it was in 1999, but I’m highly sceptical it’ll be any good. 

8 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Neo and Trinity both died in the 3rd film & there was a firm ending to the trilogy. 

Although both had good moments, the sequels were nowhere near as good as the original.

Also, the Wachoski Brothers / Sisters have never done anything else of any serious note apart from the original. 

The first is a bonafide classic and I suppose it has become more relevant than it was in 1999, but I’m highly sceptical it’ll be any good. 

Broadly agree, but Bound is superb. 

8 hours ago, Scott_M said:

The only way I suspect it will work is if it somehow sits in between the movies, or there is literally another Matrix where they exist for a second time. I'm not particularly excited about it but they might make something good out of it.

Matrix 4 - The machines discover that they are in a computer simulation being run by humans who are trying to discover what machines would do if they took over.

Keanu Reeves - head scientist;

Laurence Fishbourne - senator with oversight of project;

Carrie-Anne Moss - deputy head scientist and Reeves love interest;

Gloria Foster - counsellor on project;

Hugo Weaving - the teacher who Reeves hated as a student, who still haunts him;

Me - bored now.

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Matrix 4 - The machines discover that they are in a computer simulation being run by humans who are trying to discover what machines would do if they took over.

Keanu Reeves - head scientist;

Laurence Fishbourne - senator with oversight of project;

Carrie-Anne Moss - deputy head scientist and Reeves love interest;

Gloria Foster - counsellor on project;

Hugo Weaving - the teacher who Reeves hated as a student, who still haunts him;

Me - bored now.

Wreck it Ralph can be the equivalent of Neo.