Quantcast
Upcoming Films - Page 122 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Straight to Netflix is the new straight to video.

I think it's just produced by Netflix & will be out at the pictures first. Could be wrong.

It won't be anywhere near the greatest film ever but the trailer looks pretty fucking good, better than I thought it might do.

1 hour ago, Mook said:I think it's just produced by Netflix & will be out at the pictures first. Could be wrong.

It won't be anywhere near the greatest film ever but the trailer looks pretty fucking good, better than I thought it might do.

It's a Netflix film but in order to qualify for an Oscar it has to be shown in selected cinemas for a certain amount of days. 

https://ew.com/oscars/2019/04/24/academy-oscar-eligibility-rules-streaming-services-netflix/

Something that hit the headlines in recent months when Steven Spielberg was trying to get any Netflix film ruled out for the major awards.

Looking forward to seeing this, it's a Scorsese film after all. 

• Upvote 2

A Scorsese film with De Niro, Pacino and Pesci and written by Steve Zallian. If it’s not brilliant it’ll be a shock. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Anubis said:

Trailer suggests otherwise. The briefing cuts between Colin Firth and the soldiers.

They could all be quite close by...

It's set on a single day so that's where the rumours may have come from. It's got a bit of that Dunkirk vibe about the score, hopefully it'll have a bit more to it than just being technically proficient.

22 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

What the fuck, first most of the kids show presenters from my childhood are kiddy fiddlers and now this abomination.

Yep and it's the wrong version of Snorky.

• Upvote 1

Turning the Banana Splits into a horror movie was simply the natural progression for the programme. I mean l used to watch it as a kid, but who doesn’t look at the Splits and think that once you take away the comical BOING noises, they’re as creepy as fuck.

I vaguely recollect that the Banana Splits were hardly involved in the programme and it was mainly a series of cartoons , I remember one about the Arabian Nights only because the catchphrase ' Size of a Donkey ' was popular in our school at one point.

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

A new Matrix film is to start prouction next year, Keanu and Carrie-Ann Moss return and I think one of the original directors is returning.

They should have stopped after the first.

• Upvote 2