You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Well that made me a bit wet. Loads of call backs to the first movie so there's a bit of trepidation there but it looks trippy as anything.

I was a bit wary at first but as it went on I felt way better watching. Also glad to see that the blue haired woman is Jessica Henwick, first saw her in the Iron Fist netflix a few years back and liked her in that, really happy for her that she made it into this film as part of the main cast too.

Slightly confused by that.

With a scene from the original matrix film appearing on one of the screens behind Neo are they saying that the original film, was a film inside that world?

The word a lot of inside folk are using to describe this film is “Meta” so I have a feeling it will divide a lot of the original series fans. 

Looks pretty decent though. 

Not sure about it.

The first Matrix was massively influential for a number of reasons, the sequels were revolutionary on a technical level but lacked the magic of the first movie . If this is a re-tread trying to re-capture the magic of the first then it might just feel hollow.

I want something interesting and new not just two hours of member berries

39 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Not sure about it.

The first Matrix was massively influential for a number of reasons, the sequels were revolutionary on a technical level but lacked the magic of the first movie . If this is a re-tread trying to re-capture the magic of the first then it might just feel hollow.

I want something interesting and new not just two hours of member berries

I was about to say more or less the same.

The first film is a classic. The sequels are cold and flat.

The Wachowski‘s aren’t great film-makers either. The original is far and away the stand out on their CV’s. V For Vendetta is passable. The rest is incredibly forgettable.

Feels odd Fishburne hasn’t returned as well. 

Anyway, I’ve just stuck Reloaded on to see if it’s better than I remember. At least Monica Bellucci is in this one. 

38 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Slightly confused by that.

With a scene from the original matrix film appearing on one of the screens behind Neo are they saying that the original film, was a film inside that world?

It could be Lana just being weird or doing it to make people question what's going on more. I was watching a review again of the game Path of Neo earlier on (it lasts half an hour but the reviewer makes me laugh the way he does it) and in that game Neo fights Seraph like in Reloaded, but at some point the fight moves into a cinema where the scene from the film is playing behind them as they're fighting in the game, and there's a guy sat trying to watch the film scene as they're fighting and he's heckling the game characters because they're in the way.

The Wachowskis wrote and directed on that game too, so they have history for that type of thing.

The premise looks a lot different than what I expected.

Almost feels from a story perspective that the original trilogy was a bit pointless, as he's back in the real world and not much appears to have changed. Gonna have to Reddit this shit, the cunts on there are great at explaining shit.

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

The premise looks a lot different than what I expected.

Almost feels from a story perspective that the original trilogy was a bit pointless, as he's back in the real world and not much appears to have changed. Gonna have to Reddit this shit, the cunts on there are great at explaining shit.

Looks like ‘they’ won and reinserted him with an erased memory, which is possible if you think about multiple worlds theory, Leibnitz theory for the new world, perhaps?

Could be a lot of fun with worlds within worlds etc.

• Upvote 1

The only question I really care about when it comes to watching this movie is "do I have to remember the plot of the second and third movies of the trilogy in order to understand this one?"

Because if I do ... I'm not watching it. The original Matrix is an actual classic, a unique story, well-told and well-directed. All I can say about the sequels is that I know I watched them, but I don't remember a single thing about them other than I didn't enjoy them, and I'm definitely not going back to rewatch just to get ready for this thing.

Looks really interesting. Thoughts:

Neo and trinity captured and put into the matrix again? Why not kill them?

The architect being his shrink, is it some sort of attempt to gain knowledge of the one, or an ego trip from the AI? 

The last scene, go back to the matrix seems like a red herring. Unless humans and machines now co-exist and an acceptance that the matrix has to exist with some humans being batteries, this seems unlikely. 

I'd be amazed if Fishbourne doesn't make a cameo at least. 

Very intriguing. 

23 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Looks really interesting. Thoughts:

Neo and trinity captured and put into the matrix again? Why not kill them?

The architect being his shrink, is it some sort of attempt to gain knowledge of the one, or an ego trip from the AI? 

The last scene, go back to the matrix seems like a red herring. Unless humans and machines now co-exist and an acceptance that the matrix has to exist with some humans being batteries, this seems unlikely. 

I'd be amazed if Fishbourne doesn't make a cameo at least. 

Very intriguing. 

In the last Matrix game the Fishbourne version of Morpheus is killed. The Yahya version is likely the reboot is what most are saying but probably with the memories of the previous version.

10 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I've suppressed the sequels it seems 

Ha. They are all on Netflix. I watched Reloaded last night. I actually think that’s a reasonable film. Some of the action films go on too long but on the whole, it’s decent. 

I’m half way through Revolutions though and it’s shite. I literally can’t remember how it ends and I had zero memory of Neo being blinded by some rogue Smith in Zion or Trinity dying.

Absolutely no memory of them at all. 

So, finished Revolutions last night.

Neo ends the war by working with the machines to defeat Smith as he was taking over The Matrix.

The Machines take Neo at the end, presumably dead but left open. 

I reckon alternative Smith programmes will be taking over again and The Machines have put Neo back into a semi-reset Matrix.

Or some shit.

• 3 weeks later...