You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

There's no spoilers here at all, saying because if I didn't my post might make anyone looking forward to the Matrix film wary as they read it.

Us plebs still can't see the trailer even though it was shown at CinemaCon and I think that's stupid. If they're going to show it to a select few and then we're in a situation where loads of people are explaining a fucking trailer to us then something seems off (brings back bad memories of journos explaining Cyberpunk footage to us before that was released too.) I've no problem at all with some getting to see it first, but if so at least let the general public watch it next within 24 hours or something.

So I read the trailer description, wasn't that happy with what I read, then searched around and ended up finding what could be the entire leaked plot of the film explained by someone on youtube. Yes, could be fake, but Warner Bros got this guy's video taken down a while back but then he appealed it and got it put back up, and the leaker that gave him the info has been accurate with previous plot leaks too apparently.

So it could be the actual plot and even though I think it could turn out to be a decent or even great film if done right, it's not really the type of story I was looking for. I'll not explain why because that could be spoilerish. Last year I spent months craving, again Cyberpunk, right up until December and I didn't feel like doing that all over again but this time for a film up until near Christmas Day. So at least that isn't happening now.

No idea when the trailer is released now but Spider-Man might have only been put online a day after the CinemaCon trailer because that got leaked, so they might have decided it was best people seeing the real thing instead of the leak. The Matrix film didn't have that happen so it could be a while yet still. A film guy from The Independent thinks it's going to be this week :

But he could be wrong so not sure.

I can't see any Matrix film ever being as amazing as the first. I've never left a cinema in my life as far as I remember with a mind-blown feeling like what I had after seeing it for the first time, but that doesn't mean other's can't be good so I'll keep some hope for it.

Yeah the first one was amazing. I remember watching a copy of it when it came out when I was about 12-13 and was completely blown away. Even tried to manipulate my surroundings to see if I was the 'one' turns out I wasn't.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah the first one was amazing. I remember watching a copy of it when it came out when I was about 12-13 and was completely blown away. Even tried to manipulate my surroundings to see if I was the 'one' turns out I wasn't.

Haha, yeah it was an awesome film, I usually struggle with saying any film, music or book is my favourite but the first Matrix is easily one of the top three I've ever seen. If any other film ever comes close to how good it was I'd be happy.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Haha, yeah it was an awesome film, I usually struggle with saying any film, music or book is my favourite but the first Matrix is easily one of the top three I've ever seen. If any other film ever comes close to how good it was I'd be happy.

There are better movies that I hold in higher regard but for the sheer 'wow factor' of the first movie, nothing comes close.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

There's no spoilers here at all, saying because if I didn't my post might make anyone looking forward to the Matrix film wary as they read it.

Us plebs still can't see the trailer even though it was shown at CinemaCon and I think that's stupid. If they're going to show it to a select few and then we're in a situation where loads of people are explaining a fucking trailer to us then something seems off (brings back bad memories of journos explaining Cyberpunk footage to us before that was released too.) I've no problem at all with some getting to see it first, but if so at least let the general public watch it next within 24 hours or something.

So I read the trailer description, wasn't that happy with what I read, then searched around and ended up finding what could be the entire leaked plot of the film explained by someone on youtube. Yes, could be fake, but Warner Bros got this guy's video taken down a while back but then he appealed it and got it put back up, and the leaker that gave him the info has been accurate with previous plot leaks too apparently.

So it could be the actual plot and even though I think it could turn out to be a decent or even great film if done right, it's not really the type of story I was looking for. I'll not explain why because that could be spoilerish. Last year I spent months craving, again Cyberpunk, right up until December and I didn't feel like doing that all over again but this time for a film up until near Christmas Day. So at least that isn't happening now.

No idea when the trailer is released now but Spider-Man might have only been put online a day after the CinemaCon trailer because that got leaked, so they might have decided it was best people seeing the real thing instead of the leak. The Matrix film didn't have that happen so it could be a while yet still. A film guy from The Independent thinks it's going to be this week :

But he could be wrong so not sure.

I can't see any Matrix film ever being as amazing as the first. I've never left a cinema in my life as far as I remember with a mind-blown feeling like what I had after seeing it for the first time, but that doesn't mean others can't be good so I'll keep some hope for it.

It would make sense that they are waiting on the buzz of the Spider-Man trailer to die down a bit, so there’s less competition and as much media coverage for it (YouTube bloggers also..etc) as possible. 

Especially given that the Matrix is released the day before SM3 at cinemas. Those two films are going head to head. 

Suspect it’ll be out very, very soon. 

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

It would make sense that they are waiting on the buzz of the Spider-Man trailer to die down a bit, so there’s less competition and as much media coverage for it (YouTube bloggers also..etc) as possible. 

Especially given that the Matrix is released the day before SM3 at cinemas. Those two films are going head to head. 

Suspect it’ll be out very, very soon. 

I'd read about them being close to each other but when there's a Marvel film I just assume that any type of competition with it isn't going to get far so I didn't think they'd be that bothered. With less than four months before release date though surely it'll be out soon anyway.

7 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'd read about them being close to each other but when there's a Marvel film I just assume that any type of competition with it isn't going to get far so I didn't think they'd be that bothered. With less than four months before release date though surely it'll be out soon anyway.

Spider-Man is now the most watched trailer within 24 hours ever, so Warner Brothers will definitely be wary of that.

They'll want a lot of attention on Matrix 4 so I’m sure it’ll be out very soon. 

5 hours ago, Juniper said:

Spider-Man is now the most watched trailer within 24 hours ever, so Warner Brothers will definitely be wary of that.

They'll want a lot of attention on Matrix 4 so I’m sure it’ll be out very soon. 

Yeah that's crazy what the Spider-Man film has done there, never knew it'd got that type of response.

3 hours ago, skend04 said:

Matrix 4 is going to be released on digital/streaming format, I don't think it's getting a cinema release at all 

Not sure if anything's changed since this was reported but here it says it's being done for both like the rest of Warner's films this year : https://variety.com/2020/film/news/warner-bros-hbo-max-theaters-dune-matrix-4-1234845342/

7 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

One of the few films where I walked out of the cinema, bought another ticket and went back in to watch it again. I know it's flawed - humans as batteries, really? - but the cool bits are so good I can ignore the dumb bits. Watched the start of it last night by coincidence; the bit where they are in the car and it's raining, have you noticed that the rain drops sliding down the windows looks like the matrix scrolling?

1 hour ago, mars said:

One of the few films where I walked out of the cinema, bought another ticket and went back in to watch it again. I know it's flawed - humans as batteries, really? - but the cool bits are so good I can ignore the dumb bits. Watched the start of it last night by coincidence; the bit where they are in the car and it's raining, have you noticed that the rain drops sliding down the windows looks like the matrix scrolling?

Nope, haven't noticed that. I'll look when I next see it though which should be shortly because this is one of the longest times since I've watched it again in years, I've been playing games too much recently and could do with watching a film soon instead.

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Keep hearing rumours that Charlie Cox will play Daredevil in the new spider man film, hope so.

Hope so

Hope they find a way to bring Vincent D'Onofrio back in some series aswell. He was superb opposite Cox. 

Netlix deserve alot of credit for their casting, outside of Iron Fist it was very good

• Upvote 1

From what I’ve read they are trying to bring the Netflix characters into the fold.

Pretty sure Cox is on Spiderman but likely to be the Matt Murdoch side of his persona this time around, with Daredevil to show up later.

They’ve been in talks with Mike Colter and Jon Bernthal to reprise Luke Cage and Punisher.

I read an article suggesting they’ll also be using Iron Fist but recasting Finn Jones due to ‘work commitments.’

Not heard anything about Jessica Jones but suspect that’ll be too dark for the MCU.

There is a rumour D’Onofrio will be reprising Kingpin in the upcoming Hawkeye tv series.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Anubis said:

From what I’ve read they are trying to bring the Netflix characters into the fold.

Pretty sure Cox is on Spiderman but likely to be the Matt Murdoch side of his persona this time around, with Daredevil to show up later.

They’ve been in talks with Mike Colter and Jon Bernthal to reprise Luke Cage and Punisher.

I read an article suggesting they’ll also be using Iron Fist but recasting Finn Jones due to ‘work commitments.’

Not heard anything about Jessica Jones but suspect that’ll be too dark for the MCU.

There is a rumour D’Onofrio will be reprising Kingpin in the upcoming Hawkeye tv series.

Sounds good

Never really liked the Jessica Jones solo show to be honest. 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

I read that Jessica Jones is coming into the MCU. The problem with these rumours now is that the MCU continues to grow exponentially and the rumours can’t keep pace. Think they are well into double figures of confirmed new films and shows with most of them featuring multiple new and crossing over characters.

Certainly though bringing the multiverse over from the comics is a master stroke from Marvel. They can now unify every single thing that’s ever been released from their IP and also cast and recast to their hearts content, making everything “canon” if they so choose. 

The latest What If…? episode shows versions of incidents from the Ed Norton Hulk film with Mark Ruffalo playing Banner instead. If they want Hugh Jackman to cameo as Old Man Logan about ten years after they’ve established a new Wolverine, the only barrier is Jackman himself. 

I love all this shit. A unified cinematic universe has never even been attempted on anything even vaguely approaching this scale before. It’s great. 

• Upvote 1

Just seen Top Gun 2 has been pushed back from November to May 2022.

Thats nearly two years since it should have come out, in June 2020, three years since its original planned release. 

Hope this isn’t the first of a bunch of winter films moving to 2022 as there are a ton of blockbusters from now until the end of the year, after such a long wait for them. 

Fucking Covid. 

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Can’t wait for this.

It's going to flop (commercially), Denis Villeneuve makes some amazing films but they don't seem to grab the general public.

It's going to suffer from the same issues Blade Runner 2049 had and that was brilliant.

On 04/09/2021 at 00:02, TD_LFC said:

It's going to flop (commercially), Denis Villeneuve makes some amazing films but they don't seem to grab the general public.

It's going to suffer from the same issues Blade Runner 2049 had and that was brilliant.

One credible industry person who I follow on twitter who's always spot on with pre release news and insight has said the below. 

I'll still be there to watch it soon after release as I bloody love the books.

IMG_1053.PNG

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

One credible industry person who I follow on twitter who's always spot on with pre release news and insight has said the below. 

I'll still be there to watch it soon after release as I bloody love the books.

IMG_1053.PNG

Never read the books (and vaguely remember seeing the 80's version) but I'll go and watch it anyway because I really like the director.

Blade Runner 2049 was considered too slow, too long and boring but it's one of my favourite films (better than the original).

The criticisms of Dune were always likely to be the same and always going to appeal to the fans of the books more because it's a big confusing story. Cutting it down to sub 2 hours with lots of explosions might bring in more money but wouldn't do it justice.