You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

That looks weird and boss. Gawain & the Green Knight was always one of my favourites of the Arthurian legends. Not sure that’s quite a faithful retelling, but it still looks good. Potential to open a new career path for Dev Patel too. He looks well cast in a more action-type role from that trailer. 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

That looks weird and boss. Gawain & the Green Knight was always one of my favourites of the Arthurian legends. Not sure that’s quite a faithful retelling, but it still looks good. Potential to open a new career path for Dev Patel too. He looks well cast in a more action-type role from that trailer. 

The Green Knight has been getting pretty good reviews. The release has been put back here though because of the Covid cases 

• Upvote 1

There's no spoilers here at all, saying because if I didn't my post might make anyone looking forward to the Matrix film wary as they read it.

Us plebs still can't see the trailer even though it was shown at CinemaCon and I think that's stupid. If they're going to show it to a select few and then we're in a situation where loads of people are explaining a fucking trailer to us then something seems off (brings back bad memories of journos explaining Cyberpunk footage to us before that was released too.) I've no problem at all with some getting to see it first, but if so at least let the general public watch it next within 24 hours or something.

So I read the trailer description, wasn't that happy with what I read, then searched around and ended up finding what could be the entire leaked plot of the film explained by someone on youtube. Yes, could be fake, but Warner Bros got this guy's video taken down a while back but then he appealed it and got it put back up, and the leaker that gave him the info has been accurate with previous plot leaks too apparently.

So it could be the actual plot and even though I think it could turn out to be a decent or even great film if done right, it's not really the type of story I was looking for. I'll not explain why because that could be spoilerish. Last year I spent months craving, again Cyberpunk, right up until December and I didn't feel like doing that all over again but this time for a film up until near Christmas Day. So at least that isn't happening now.

No idea when the trailer is released now but Spider-Man might have only been put online a day after the CinemaCon trailer because that got leaked, so they might have decided it was best people seeing the real thing instead of the leak. The Matrix film didn't have that happen so it could be a while yet still. A film guy from The Independent thinks it's going to be this week :

But he could be wrong so not sure.

I can't see any Matrix film ever being as amazing as the first. I've never left a cinema in my life as far as I remember with a mind-blown feeling like what I had after seeing it for the first time, but that doesn't mean others can't be good so I'll keep some hope for it.

• Upvote 1