You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Straight to Netflix is the new straight to video.

I think it's just produced by Netflix & will be out at the pictures first. Could be wrong.

It won't be anywhere near the greatest film ever but the trailer looks pretty fucking good, better than I thought it might do.

1 hour ago, Mook said:I think it's just produced by Netflix & will be out at the pictures first. Could be wrong.

It won't be anywhere near the greatest film ever but the trailer looks pretty fucking good, better than I thought it might do.

It's a Netflix film but in order to qualify for an Oscar it has to be shown in selected cinemas for a certain amount of days. 

https://ew.com/oscars/2019/04/24/academy-oscar-eligibility-rules-streaming-services-netflix/

Something that hit the headlines in recent months when Steven Spielberg was trying to get any Netflix film ruled out for the major awards.

Looking forward to seeing this, it's a Scorsese film after all. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Anubis said:

Trailer suggests otherwise. The briefing cuts between Colin Firth and the soldiers.

They could all be quite close by...

It's set on a single day so that's where the rumours may have come from. It's got a bit of that Dunkirk vibe about the score, hopefully it'll have a bit more to it than just being technically proficient.

Turning the Banana Splits into a horror movie was simply the natural progression for the programme. I mean l used to watch it as a kid, but who doesn’t look at the Splits and think that once you take away the comical BOING noises, they’re as creepy as fuck.