You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I've been waiting for this trailer. Statham does Deep Blue Sea. Sort of. Looks like good fun.

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

The book is brilliant, going by that trailer it looks like they haven’t really adapted much of the main story.

Haven’t got much hopes for this.

I don't get why they'd make a Shazam movie without Black Adam or why they'd so faithfully reproduce such an outlandish costume; smells like DC failure. They have a problem in that a lot of their characters are much larger than life than Marvel and it's really difficult to put gods on the screen.

What surprises me is that DC seem to have moved away from what made their early movies so good (after all, DC does stand for Detective Comics and a lot of their best stories had a detective of crime element added with a criminal character) and moved into making their characters into pretty much unbelievable stories with very little crime stories. Think of Tim Burton's vision of Batman and the original Superman movies and these movies were good at the time of release.

Until they go back to their roots, their movies will suck balls and they have been pulled into fighting Marvel on their level and they are just not the same and really have never been.

I’ve said before and sill say it again, Burton’s Batman > Nolan’s Batman. Not even close, in my opinion.

I loved Burton's Batman, the casting was brilliant, the story really gripping and the acting was absolutely top of the range. As for the one-liners...

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...