You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sorry, had been calling X-Men : Apocalypse "Age of Apocalypse", which is a comic book story. Someone on Wired was moaning about the trailer leak calling it X-Men: Age of Apocalypse, and I think I got it from there, along with some lack of sleep to help.

It could be a while before that trailer is actually released, as there's no special effects that I can see, and quite a few people are ripping Apocalypse, saying he's Ivan Ooze, or Mr. Freeze from Batman, which isn't good. His voice and look are said to be due for special effects though, to make him look and sound better. My biggest problem is Psylocke being one of Apocalypse's horsemen according to what people can see in the trailer, but whatever. It's just good to finally have her playing a proper part in one of the films.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have a thread called 'Red Phoenix rambles' and let you put all your stream of consciousness stuff on there. Anyway, the new X-Men movie is still shooting as far as I know and the Comic-Con footage was cobbled together from what's been shot so far. It's not ready for a trailer, hence why it hasn't been put on the internet. Chill out, lad.

We should have a thread called 'Red Phoenix rambles' and let you put all your stream of consciousness stuff on there. Anyway, the new X-Men movie is still shooting as far as I know and the Comic-Con footage was cobbled together from what's been shot so far. It's not ready for a trailer, hence why it hasn't been put on the internet. Chill out, lad.

Are you whining at something I've said again?

You know what, I just snipped this bit, it's really a pointless waste of time at this stage. I did say your responses to me wind me up recently, I think I was wrong though. It's just boring now.

If they're going to release footage from a film at Comic-Con, it's not exactly rocket science to realize that it might find it's way onto the internet. Besides, it's probably fine as a teaser. What they could do is add some effects to Apocalypse and another few bits and it'd probably be fine.

Singer and X-Men are made for each other - all his X-Men films have been good.

Shame he jumped ship for Superman Returns and Brett 'I'm complete shit' Ratner took the reigns on X-Men 3. Despite a few good moments in each film, they are both very underwhelming.

Are you whining at something I've said again?

You know what, I just snipped this bit, it's really a pointless waste of time at this stage. I did say your responses to me wind me up recently, I think I was wrong though. It's just boring now.

If they're going to release footage from a film at Comic-Con, it's not exactly rocket science to realize that it might find it's way onto the internet. Besides, it's probably fine as a teaser. What they could do is add some effects to Apocalypse and another few bits and it'd probably be fine.

Don't be so touchy.

Sometimes they just want to give the fans who go to Comic-Con a treat and don't want to show the film to the wider world. Effects are done in post-production, they're not going to push them up just because the internet wants it.

Don't be so touchy.

Sometimes they just want to give the fans who go to Comic-Con a treat and don't want to show the film to the wider world. Effects are done in post-production, they're not going to push them up just because the internet wants it.

Yep, just thought that it might not be too long before most of the filming is done and that some of the post production could be starting on parts of it. I get that it might be a couple of months longer, am just going to have to avoid youtube/forum comments as much as possible, and reading about Ivan Ooze. I think Apocalypse is too small and doesn't look right either, but maybe they'll change that later on a fair bit.

Not really into what's going on with the outfits/makeup of the characters that much, just hoping the film is good now. Am mainly glad that Psylocke is at least in this one, and Munn is fine for me playing the part. One character I will miss is Colossus, and I don't think he ever got enough of a role in any of the films. Cyclops did seem to be a great match in the teaser footage, but you only briefly see him, and I thought Storm looked amazing, easily the best of all of them.

edit - like people have been saying on some other sites, this could've worked better for Psylocke, (same as what's in my avatar) which is a more recent design :

RL24h8H.jpg

I can half imagine a few people at Marvel absolutely fuming at what Fox are doing here anyway, and I'd easily prefer Psylocke looking like that instead, and being in a film done by Marvel (nothing against Munn though.)

Storm and Cyclops (I don't think Storm looks bad here at all, but there's a just a type of added aura to her character in the footage and I think she looks even better in it.) :

nq7pO7V.jpg

T7w6bfh.jpg

There's more here : http://mashable.com/2015/07/16/x-men-apocalypse-first-photos/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Ivan Ooze thing is really taking off now too. There's also people complaining that Storm is too light, which is also a good point seeing as she's supposed to be Kenyan (both this actress and Halle Berry being mixed race has also been mentioned on twitter.) I still think she looks great, but in one of the pictures in the link she almost looks white, which is odd. Probably the lighting/effects with the photo adding to that.