You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So THAT's why ITV are on their arse

Enrique Ponce

Pay £100m a season for the Champions League rights and then get CRAIG FUCKING DOYLE to present it.

Jesus. Or rather Bejaysus as the faux Oirish kids TV presenter would no doubt say. Have you ever met anyone actually from Ireland who talks like that tit?

I never thought I'd say this, but bring back Jim Rosenthal.

Pay £100m a season for the Champions League rights and then get CRAIG FUCKING DOYLE to present it.

Jesus. Or rather Bejaysus as the faux Oirish kids TV presenter would no doubt say. Have you ever met anyone actually from Ireland who talks like that tit?

Yes, no-one will watch Champions League Football due to the inane banter of Craig Doyle before the game, at half time and at full time. They will NEVER tune in at kick off time, have a slash at half time and go to bed at full time. EVER.:thumbsup:

I had no idea who he was, but can you honestly say he was worse than Jim Rosenthal? Not a chance.

I wouldn't mind betting that Matt Smith who normally does it is on holiday. I don't mind him actually he's certainly better than the fucking chimp on Sky and Gary "the paint's drying" Lineker.

I didn't know who Craig Doyle was but my bird told me he's a male Judith Chalmers. ITV (and BBC for that matter) should just get James Richardson in, he's by far the best football presenter around.

Also, my mate has just been on holiday with Jim Rosenthal. He went to Spain somewhere and partnered him in a golf tournament. He said he was alright, a nice fella like. There were a few 'football people' there as my mate's dad is mates with Alan Parry. So Parry himself was there and Rosenthal, and Brian Marwood and some dude who was Jan Molby's chairman when he was a manager.

Yes, no-one will watch Champions League Football due to the inane banter of Craig Doyle before the game, at half time and at full time. They will NEVER tune in at kick off time, have a slash at half time and go to bed at full time. EVER.:thumbsup:

- and then watch the match with the volume turned down because of Tyldesely the Twat.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Very surprised he didn't mention "That wonderful night in Barcelona". Seems to be his trademark.

God I miss Bellamy and Riise

Robbie Earle must die.

It amazes me how Earle and Townsend got the ITV pundit slots in the 1st place,what did either of them achieve in the game comparing them to pundits of other Chanels?! Neither of them even got close to playing in the Champs league,they cant even speak from experiance! How many times did either of them actualy play in Europe?!

I honestly don't care what someone's done in the game so long as what they're saying makes sense. There are no good pundits on English TV anymore, they talk around the game, applying their prejudices and theories to it but never actually discuss why a team won or lost.

You watch other sports like golf or rugby and they have intelligent experts who can break down complex tactics or skills into understandable forms, football pundits don't bother, very few of them are even interested in football, they have fuck all knowledge of players and even less of tactics. It sickens me that these cretins then influence the masses to believe their half-formed ill-conceived ideas. Any cunt that brings up zonal marking this season is going on the list with Robbie Earle, I'm looking at you Redknapp!

It amazes me how Earle and Townsend got the ITV pundit slots in the 1st place,what did either of them achieve in the game comparing them to pundits of other Chanels?! Neither of them even got close to playing in the Champs league,they cant even speak from experiance! How many times did either of them actualy play in Europe?!

Townsend is boring. Earle is the tokeN black man :whistle:

Craig Doyle said ' lets hope we are much better second half ' so I'll let him off

I like Townsend & he seems to give us far more credit than most pundits.

Robbie Earle is absolutely useless, vying with Duke McKenzie as sports poorest colour commentator.

Maldini , in the earlier post , is spot on here. We get a very raw deal on pundits as opposed to other sports. When was the last time any football pundit said anything incisive that made you stop and think.