You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saw a Facebook page yesterday "Christians against Buzz Lightyear". It was some religious American nutjob kicking off about the latest Toy Story film having a gay character in it. Went through the page and it was all about him indoctrinating his kids about gay people causing the end of humanity.

He probably owns about 10 assault rifles as well.

• Upvote 2

Are they still pretending to be the greatest country on the planet. Home of the brave and the free?

Got more in common with the countries GWB named in his Axis of Evil than they’d care to admit.  

32 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Saw a Facebook page yesterday "Christians against Buzz Lightyear". It was some religious American nutjob kicking off about the latest Toy Story film having a gay character in it. Went through the page and it was all about him indoctrinating his kids about gay people causing the end of humanity.

He probably owns about 10 assault rifles as well.

I saw something that they reckon that lightyear film has destroyed the toy story franchise. The lunatics heard about the gay thing and demanded it be taken out. It wasn't (and as a consequence also isn't allowed to be shown in fucking nut holes like Saudi Arabia, bang on Newcastle) and now it's completely failed at the box office because the lunatics have boycotted it. The stupid thing is I went with my girls last week and them being gay adds nothing to the story, it's just in there as being a normal set up. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Every year my plan to retire to the sunshine of Southern California becomes less and less appealing! 

Mate, I’m in San Diego and my wife and I were open to moving cause of the the high cost of living here.

We have a very good quality of life, but were looking at other states as options.

Close to zero fucking chance we leave California now.

Only option would be Massachusetts. 

We are moving to become a Theocracy.

The fact these cunts get voted in again boggles my mind. Doesn’t help the Democrats are a bunch of cowards.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, RedSand said:

Mate, I’m in San Diego and my wife and I were open to moving cause of the the high cost of living here.

We have a very good quality of life, but were looking at other states as options.

The fact these cunts get voted in again boggles my mind. Doesn’t help the Democrats are a bunch of cowards.

San Diego is great. Loved it when I went there. 

11 minutes ago, RedSand said:

Nice. Where in San Diego? We’ve stayed at Mission Beach and Cornardo. I’d love to live there, beautiful city.

We’re travelling to LA in August but no trip to San Diego this time, unfortunately. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Nice. Where in San Diego? We’ve stayed at Mission Beach and Cornardo. I’d love to live there, beautiful city.

We’re travelling to LA in August but no trip to San Diego this time, unfortunately. 

San Marcos near Carlsbad. North County.

Pretty blessed to be here. Very family friendly city. Tons of stuff for kids.

LA can be fun.  Hope you guys have a great time.

Next time you are down give us a shout, would love to meet up. If not happy to provide recommendations as needed.

Best Burritos in the country. And pretty good tacos too.
Decent Seafood, Thai, Japanese, Korean, Italian and Taiwanese.
Rubbish Indian food.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

San Diego is great. Loved it when I went there. 

Yeah, really family and tourist friendly. A fair few things to do. But not so big that you get overwhelmed. Almost a good base to go to place from. Decent deep fishing charters including spear fishing too.

Give us a shout next time you are down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RedSand said:

Yeah, really family and tourist friendly. A fair few things to do. But not so big that you get overwhelmed. Almost a good base to go to place from. Decent deep fishing charters including spear fishing too.

Will do. Went over 20 years ago and was lucky enough to stay in the Del Coronado Hotel. Went past Kelly McGillis's house in Top Gun but it was threatened with demolition and all boarded up. 

La jolla is a nice place too.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Will do. Went over 20 years ago and was lucky enough to stay in the Del Coronado Hotel. Went past Kelly McGillis's house in Top Gun but it was threatened with demolition and all boarded up. 

La jolla is a nice place too.

You see any ghosts?

56 minutes ago, RedSand said:

Yes, will do. Sure we’ll be back. 

A week in Hollywood, a week in Montana (where my wife is from) a week split between Disneyland & Santa Monica. It’s costing a fucking fortune.

Looking forward to a certain game on the 20th or 21st August wife my wife’s family within ear shot…

Should be able to see the other games around LA easy enough.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

They have a bigger hard on for guns than any other country in the world yet aren't in any type of armed conflict. No wonder they love invading other countries. 

I heard Oliver Stone make a point on a podcast which I found interesting, that America has an odd understanding and relationship with war because they've never had to fight on their own shores. Everything is at massive arm's length, always has been. 

22 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I heard Oliver Stone make a point on a podcast which I found interesting, that America has an odd understanding and relationship with war because they've never had to fight on their own shores. Everything is at massive arm's length, always has been. 

Yeah that's a good point. You probably can't fully appreciate what it's like to live in America unless you actually do live there.

I read somewhere that the distance from LA to New York is the same distance as London to Iran. 

You've got hot weather, cold weather, anything you want for a holiday. Lots of Americans don't have a passport, but they don't really need one when you look at it like that. It's a self contained, second planet earth.

Even when presidents make speeches they never reference people, they reference Americans. 'a thousand Americans died in this attack' 'this policy will help millions of Americans.'