You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bleak but true unfortunately for us Reds.

JMARKH

I have it in on good authority that G & H approached RBOS (who are looking after the financing) about getting the barry transfer fee. RBOS said - we won't lend you any money - its about time you put up some of your own cash. They obviously won't do that and came up with the smokescreen about resale value.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is about time that Parry fucked off now.

Agreed. Rick Parry is a man that is alleged to have consistently made decisions on the basis of protecting his own position and, thus his power within Liverpool Football Club. Even when these decisions have been detrimental to the club he is alleged to have made them to save his own place on the board. The idea runs that it's better to have him here to prevent the club from being wholly in the hands of the two charlatans . Yet it was he that gave them the map to the treasure, not only that, he helped dig the treasure up and then feasted on the proceeds of his newfound allegiance. It was only afterwards, when his own position was starting to be undermined by his new buddies that he turned on them and started to cry wolf.

Is it the case that Rick Parry is more interested in himself and his own position than the health of the club? If Rick Parry had been possessed with safeguarding the club from the outset, perhaps he would have been more inclined to realise that Gillett and Hicks were unsuitable to be installed as chairmen. It has been alleged that he sold the idea to Moores on the basis that it was the best deal for the club, yet it has also been alleged that he sold it to Moores because it was the best deal that suited him. This is why I am slightly irked with Bascombe, it seems his major source is Parry but, given the alleged nature of Rick Parry, are we supposed to believe that he provides Bascombe with a fair, balanced account of the present machinations of the football club? Parry is as much the problem as either of them. All cancer is cancer.

Aye. But the fact that Parry was the one who broke the news is what is getting on my nerves. The man who is supposed to be a LFC fan, always "wanting the best for the club" and has been at the post years before G&H came in. G&H may not know the value of players but Parry the cunt should know better. If he really thought Barry's value was too high, why didn't he break the saga after a few days rather than allow it to drag on for fucking weeks. Or if he knew that G&H doesn't have any cash and that statement was just a smokescreen to hide the truth, why did he become part of the drama by peronally putting that statement out on .tv.

I hate Parry more than G&H.

I'm shocked that you are shocked about Parry. Don't forget this is the man that sold the club to these Yanks to save his own job.. Fan my fucking arse. Anything he does or doesn't do can't shock me anymore.

The only way he could shock me is by handing in his resignation, and we all know that isn't going to happen. This will be his way of getting back into Hicks good books... "See sir, I saved you £18m.......!"

As Dave mentioned, we need answers on why the deal was good to go last week but not this week.. It's not as if Barry was 21 last week and they have just realised he's actually 28.. He's not fucking Nigerian!!!

I'd like to see Barry put in his Transfer request now.

That'd leave MON fuming.

He's already fucked us off, and Barry's transfer request would be lodged.

He'd have to come crawling back to us and offer Barry at a cut right price.

I don't see what difference it would make. That article in the press was Barry's transfer request really.

Villa's view is that he can go, but only on their terms. They know he wants to leave but it's pretty obvious that they are prepared to keep him if the bid isn't large enough.

I really don't understand this transfer request 'thing'.

Edited by Brownie

I don't see what difference is would make. That article in the press was Barry's transfer request really.

Villa's view is that he can go, but only on their terms. They know he wants to leave but it's pretty obvious that they are prepared to keep him if the bid isn't large enough.

I think there are financial implications if he puts in the transfer request, i.e. he isn't entitled to some sort of long service bonus (worth 2m apparently) as he has been there 10 years or so. But given the sort of money he will be on if he moves, I don't see the relevance either.

I don't see what difference is would make. That article in the press was Barry's transfer request really.

You’re right it doesn’t make a difference. Clubs are well within their right to refuse a transfer request anyway.

If we play 433 Barry is a better fit than Alonso imo.

Mascherano centre, Barrry just to his left, Gerrard to the right.

Erm, Alonso is still here you know? Barry may be a better fit in a 4-3-3 than Alonso in your view (not in mine) but the fact that Alonso is still here makes that redundant.

It's about economics really. We have four central midfielders already so signing Barry doesn't really make sense unless one of them leaves.

I think Rafa should look at the wide positions now. If it's true that he had about £18M to spend, then we could go and get a very good player to increase options out wide.

Agreed. Rick Parry is a man that is alleged to have consistently made decisions on the basis of protecting his own position and, thus his power within Liverpool Football Club. Even when these decisions have been detrimental to the club he is alleged to have made them to save his own place on the board. The idea runs that it's better to have him here to prevent the club from being wholly in the hands of the two charlatans . Yet it was he that gave them the map to the treasure, not only that, he helped dig the treasure up and then feasted on the proceeds of his newfound allegiance. It was only afterwards, when his own position was starting to be undermined by his new buddies that he turned on them and started to cry wolf.

Is it the case that Rick Parry is more interested in himself and his own position than the health of the club? If Rick Parry had been possessed with safeguarding the club from the outset, perhaps he would have been more inclined to realise that Gillett and Hicks were unsuitable to be installed as chairmen. It has been alleged that he sold the idea to Moores on the basis that it was the best deal for the club, yet it has also been alleged that he sold it to Moores because it was the best deal that suited him. This is why I am slightly irked with Bascombe, it seems his major source is Parry but, given the alleged nature of Rick Parry, are we supposed to believe that he provides Bascombe with a fair, balanced account of the present machinations of the football club? Parry is as much the problem as either of them. All cancer is cancer.

Back covered me thinks! :whistle:

I think there are financial implications if he puts in the transfer request, i.e. he isn't entitled to some sort of long service bonus (worth 2m apparently) as he has been there 10 years or so. But given the sort of money he will be on if he moves, I don't see the relevance either.

His testimonial is fucked now. Can't see many turning up for that one.. Maybe they should hold it at Anfield, he'll probably get more of a gate than at Villa Park.

I'm shocked that you are shocked about Parry. Don't forget this is the man that sold the club to these Yanks to save his own job.. Fan my fucking arse. Anything he does or doesn't do can't shock me anymore.

The only way he could shock me is by handing in his resignation, and we all know that isn't going to happen. This will be his way of getting back into Hicks good books... "See sir, I saved you £18m.......!"

As Dave mentioned, we need answers on why the deal was good to go last week but not this week.. It's not as if Barry was 21 last week and they have just realised he's actually 28.. He's not fucking Nigerian!!!

I'm not shocked at all mate. It just made me angry that our CEO cunt decided to release that statement himself and gave his support to the owners publicly when one of the owners embarassed him in public not too long ago. It has been said that we need him on the board to stop Hicks from fucking us up completely but I think we would be much better off without this snake on the board.

I've hated Parry for as long as I can remember - just that my amount of hate has increased in the last year or so.

May be thinking too much into this here, but does anyone think the constant Xabi Alonso chants and the lesser heard anti-Barry ones against Lazio had any effect on the yanks decision??

Just a thought

It certainly made their job a hell of a lot easier. I get the impression that since their early foot-in-mouth episodes they've been monitoring and attempting to influence fan opinion. We need to use the Leige and Boro games to remind them that not all of us have fallen for their cackhanded charm offensive

We can't sign Gareth Barry at age 28 for £18m because he is too expensive and will not give the club any resalevalue when his contract is up?

But we can sign Robbie Keane at age 28 for £19m (£20,3m) and he is not too expensive and will give the club a resale value when his contract is up?

No logic in that.

Well it could be that buying one such player might be considered alright, while buying two will be pushing it a bit much, and its better to use £20mill with no real resale value than £40mill.

At least thats makes a bit sense to me.

Comparing Barry and Carrick's age and using that to justify the £18m tag isn't fair. They may be a similar age now, but when the mancs paid that for him he was 25 or something. Hargreaves was 26/27 when they bought him too, so it's not the same.

That's exactly what I thought when I read the article this morning. I can't believe he gets paid to write drivel like that, surely somebody at The Times should pull him up on it.

I hate Martin Samuel, the fat prick. He can go and stick his head (even further) up Frank Lampard's fat arse for all I care.

I think whatever deal we put together for Barry it wouldn't of been right for Villa i think their strategy was to keep the player whatever package we put together.Whilst making it appear to Barry and his agent that they were prepared to strike a deal with us.

Also if they qualify for the c/l just once in the next three years (although they will struggle this year as they are in the uefa cup) they haven't lost a penny also they have used Barry as an example to any other clubs looking to lure their players that players will be sold on their terms.

I don't see what difference it would make. That article in the press was Barry's transfer request really.

Well, if he puts in a transfer request and Villa reject it then he'll get pissed off, no?

If he puts in a transfer request and Villa accept and he has no suitors? Wouldn't they just try to get rid?

Gareth Barry is not, will not, nor will ever be the missing link to a title.

Horses for courses to interchange him with Alonso. I rate Alonso over Barry and Rafa has to man up (sorry for the Yankeeism) and use him.

Regarding Carrick and Hargreaves-whatever the scum paid for them, whatever their age, it was worth it as they were part of their success. Now whether or not you could have thrown in any combination of CMs there they probably would have done the job as well.

Hargreaves is a cunt, a traitor and a piece of shit who deserves to be smothered in Tim Hortons Maple Donut spread and tied to a tree in Banff National Park (just a stones throw from where the manc-loving cunt grew up) and left to the Grizzlies.

If there's any justice in this world Canada will qualify for RSA2010 and England will suffer the same fate as they did in the Euro qualifiers.

I hope his Dad is fucking proud of him as we laid out the welcome mat and they shat on it. Enjoy your clean Calgary air, the warm chinook winds, the Alberta oil money, the low taxes you cunts because when I run the country you're #1 on the deportation list.

TO FUCKING AUSTRALIA LIKE THE OLD DAYS FOR THE CRIME OF TREACHERY AND DISLOYALTY.

Have nothing against Carrick.

What's more worrying for me, is regardless of whatever fee was quoted for Barry, or indeed regardless of if he actually is the 'missing link', is that quite obviously the owners are set to overrule the manager if they see fit.

Where does this stop? Are we going to end up like Chelsea, whereby players that the owner likes are brought in? One thing is for sure, Rafa is far too an intelligent man to stay around at a club where he get's overruled on signing players by some jumped-up clowns who know FUCK ALL about the game.

And Parry needs to go. Badly. He quite obviously has no passion for the club and he clearly hasn't stood up to the owners and said, "hang on. I know Rafa and I know he knows the game- he wants Barry and that means he thinks the player will make us stronger". Instead, he's been told to tell the fans that Barry will cost too much. Talk about going down without a fight.

It is depressing, very depressing. Good post by JMARKH.

Well, if he puts in a transfer request and Villa reject it then he'll get pissed off, no?

If he puts in a transfer request and Villa accept and he has no suitors? Wouldn't they just try to get rid?

They already know he's pissed off, every man and his dog knows Barry is pissed off.