You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I certainly won't be going to see them, happy to leave it to the 'I don't care if they're old, going through the motions & in it for the money as long as I can say I've seen them on Facebook' brigade.

Absolutely nailed it, mate.

Not sure it will be £70, just going off the Heaton Park prices from 2012.

• Upvote 1

Loads of us got standing tickets for the Saturday. Can't wait. My birthday that day. Hope they play Second Coming start to finish (including 5 min intro). That would be a great birthday gift. And confuse the fuck out of the majority there.

How many songs off the Second Coming were they playing a couple of years back? I only saw them do Love Spreads on Youtube.

I'd be more tempted to go & see them if they played more of that album, they treat it like it's something they'd rather forget (maybe for personal reasons) but it's a fucking great record.

• Upvote 1

Totz agreed.

They played Love Spreads and Ten Storey when I went last. Ten Storey is shite. Worst off the album by far. Deffo my piss break song if they played album in full. So I'm in tip top physical condition for the onslaught of classics such as Good Times, Begging You and Tears.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately I reckon there's about as much chance they'll play a Little Mix album the whole way through as there is the Second Coming.

I was reading somewhere else this morning they reckon there's going to be new material on the go, they must be fucking sick of playing I Wanna be Adored & I am the Resurrection.

I got four tickets for the Saturday.

Since their first album is one of the greatest of all time ( in my opinion ) and the second one, well, isn't, then I'd expect them to hammer the first with a couple of tunes off the second.

Always preferred Second Coming to their debut tbh. One's a great rock album, the other a brilliant pop album.

Pretty fantastic whilst it lasted.

• Upvote 3

Each to their own Rapey, no doubt. Just loved the stacked guitar parts and the expand instrumental passages and better playing on Second Coming.

Some of the more unheralded songs on that record are amongst the Roses very best too imo, How Do You Sleep is one of the best songs they've ever done. Absolute scorcher, love it.

Can't believe that someone is suggesting that Ten Storey Love Song is worse than Straight to the Man or Tightrope? 

I like Second Coming, it's a good solid album (apart from the two tracks mentioned) but it's not a gamechanger like their debut.

As jawdroppingly brilliant debut albums go, it's up there with Turn on the Bright Lights, Unknown Pleasures, The La's and  Ramones.

Second Coming was so disappointing when it came out after such a long wait that I only played it all the way through once at the time.

It got it's second full play through just before seeing them in Amsterdam a couple of years ago and it's still not great but there are some great songs on there.

The first album is possibly my most played album ever.

I got into the Stone Roses late, late 90's, when I was in my middle / late teens. I fucking loved them then, it was pretty much all I'd listen to during 6th form. I fucking loved Waterfall, the extended versions of I Am The Resurrection, Fools Gold, Something Burning & One Love. She Bangs The Drums she reminds me of some bird I loved during that time. I still remember how disgusted I was when This Is The One was played before the sides came out the first time I went to see us at Old Trafford.

And then one day my mate played me The Battle Of Los Angeles by Rage Against The Machine & Generation Terrorists by the Manics and pretty much over night I dropped all my indie albums over night. The path to the dark side had been written, I preferred it turned up to 11 and still do. The Stone Roses, Oasis and a few others were confined to collect dust on my CD rack.

When we got to Athens in 07, I was seriously struggling to pay for it so I sold all their singles on Ebay - and I had all of them on CD, every single one (I also sold the Oasis cigarette single box sets as well). I only got about £35 for all of them and in hindsight I really regret selling them.

However, when they reformed in 2012, I started listening to them a bit again and got a bit misty eyed listening to the, I would have tried to go to the Heaton Park but I was coaching in Texas for 3 months while they were playing so never bothered. I was a bit gutted about it so after 2 or 3 plays, I was over the nostalgia of it and back to cranking up my Metallica albums.

However, when I saw the news this week, I got really excited about it again. I'm buzzing I got tickets for them - I tried for the Saturday for 45 minutes and was ready to give up when the wife said they'd added a Sunday and we managed to get through and get them straight away. I've their stuff on shuffle on at the moment and the Made Of Stone track on now, what a song. I'd still be able to roll off all the early stuff but I'd completely, and I mean completely, forgotten about how good songs like Driving South, Tears & Good Times were on the 2nd Coming.

I'm sure it won't be as good as seeing them in 1989 or whatever, I'm incredibly excited about going.

• Upvote 2