You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yes, yes, yes - two of my favourites (even if they are practically the same song...)

Elephant Stone - awesome.

You missed out Standing Here, you naughty boy.

If i'd added Standing Here and my other favourites i'd have just been taking the piss in terms of post length!

If i'd added Standing Here and my other favourites i'd have just been taking the piss in terms of post length!

It would be rude to take up more than a page to yourself, I suppose.

By the way, does anyone know the truth behind the 'The Seahorses'/'He hates Roses' anagram debacle?

It would be rude to take up more than a page to yourself, I suppose.

By the way, does anyone know the truth behind the 'The Seahorses'/'He hates Roses' anagram debacle?

Doubt it's ever been confirmed or denied. Seems like a coincidence to me though.

Mersey Paradise, She Bangs the Drums, Sally Cinnaman, I Wanna Be Adored, I am the Resurrection, Made of Stone, Fools Gold, Elephant Stone, Waterfall, This is the One, Ten Story Love Song, Love Spreads and many many more are just absaloute genius.

Oasis we're phenomenal and their first 2 albums we're also genius but for me the Roses just had something more about them. All the songs above and as i said, many more are just ridiculously good. I think it was Noel Gallagher who said "They had it all, they could've been bigger than The Beatles". Such a shame it went the way it did.

Oh dear, did he really say that? What a fuckin balloon.

Oh dear, did he really say that? What a fuckin balloon.

Don't think he actually meant it, i mean no one will ever be bigger than the beatles for so many reasons. However, the Roses had it all, the charisma, the look, the swagger and most importantly, the music.

I'll argue with anyone till i'm blue in the face that TSR is the best album ever. It's flawless.

When people say they never reached their full potential... i think they did reach it as a band with the 1st album.

I like both of their albums, the 1st is a classic and the second is a John Squire Zep wet dream. I hear people going on and on about them all the time. I dont think you can call a band who released 1 very good album and a mediocre follow up the greatest band ever.

Also, they only played a handful of gigs. Very sketchy

Yes, yes, yes - two of my favourites (even if they are practically the same song...)

Elephant Stone - awesome.

You missed out Standing Here, you naughty boy.

My favourite song of theirs bar none. The last two minutes are just beautiful. Their early b-sides are all amazing (except "full fathom 5"). "Going Down", "Mersey Paradise", "Standing Here" and "Where Angels Play" are all brilliant tunes which to me were the equal of almost everything on Second Coming. And "Somethings Burning" was well better than "one love" too.

• 3 years later...
Guest ShoePiss
They were unbelievable at heaton park. Truly epic gig.

Heh, sounds problems and all I'll take spike island but then I haven't seen them in years. Fucking brilliant though, still early night here at 1245am.

Ahhhh Old fashioned and The Stone Roses, life is ok.

Heh, sounds problems and all I'll take spike island but then I haven't seen them in years. Fucking brilliant though, still early night here at 1245am.

Ahhhh Old fashioned and The Stone Roses, life is ok.

Get smashed bro its 9am here and my birds nagging

Ah that's the hardest thing in the world

Nope, the hardest thing in the world is Mendoza's cock at a nativity play.

I've only been listening to The Roses for the last year or so, fucking brilliant music. This Is The One is probably my favourite track at the moment although it'll probably differ week on week.

I've only been listening to The Roses for the last year or so, fucking brilliant music. This Is The One is probably my favourite track at the moment although it'll probably differ week on week.

Waterfall is one of my fave tracks of all time.

Waterfall is one of my fave tracks of all time.

Yeah, Waterfall and Fools Gold were the only songs I was really familiar with until all the fuss over the comeback gigs and I delved a little deeper. I was never big into music when I was a kid but I'm on a voyage of discovery at the moment, thanks in part to some GF recommendation threads. Got my playlist up to around 750 songs, mainly rock. I'm liking The Black Keys at the minute, 'Gold On The Ceiling' is a boss tune, my favourite recent one.

Only the last year? Fucking youth of today.

I can't stand Fools Gold, heard it too many times. Best song by The Stone Roses is Where Angels Play, for me. Love it. They were boss in Heaton Park, great day that.

[YOUTUBE]oFqsz1f8h2o[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RyPFg_bOyZk[/YOUTUBE]

Steve Jones - what a cunt

[YOUTUBE]U1842QnWpqY[/YOUTUBE]

• 1 year later...

Me and the wife paid £30 each to watch this last year at cine world. The movie plus live feed from the premier.

Was expecting a fullish house with everyone decked in flares and hooded tops and drugs a plenty...........ended up with only 17 people in including us and one girl I know from the Co op wearing high heels.....