You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
38 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Me neither. No way Ian Brown is singing live there like. Reni is always a pleasure to watch though. 

It's all mimed. Footage of them is so scant that even a mimed tv performance is worth sharing I suppose.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Juniper said:

No band, just lob some IKEA lights on stage and sing along to a CD.

£40 for that? What a cock

Really like Brownie's solo stuff but the guy is a massive dick head and he cannot sing.

Was gonna go to that gig with a mate but thankfully other stuff came up. Saved me about £60.

• 4 months later...
On 01/01/2021 at 23:09, Mook said:

Could only watch one song.

It's hard because they're not playing the St Helens Citadel, they're playing MSG, but all that seemed to be was Squire and Reni competing to fill every little gap.

Their songs had a sparseness that helped make them brilliant.  They don't need triple paradiddles everywhere, mate, let them breathe.

It seemed to me that Reni, clearly the most talented of the band, was always the leader, and the only reason they got back together was because he said so.  And none of them then had the bottle to take half of those skins away from him, put their foot through the second kick drum, and tell him to stop being self-indulgent.

The way sulky Squires got his own back was to try to drown him out by out-filling him.  I felt sorry for poor Mani there.

Terrible.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, razor said:

Could only watch one song.

It's hard because they're not playing the St Helens Citadel, they're playing MSG, but all that seemed to be was Squire and Reni competing to fill every little gap.

Their songs had a sparseness that helped make them brilliant.  They don't need triple paradiddles everywhere, mate, let them breathe.

It seemed to me that Reni, clearly the most talented of the band, was always the leader, and the only reason they got back together was because he said so.  And none of them then had the bottle to take half of those skins away from him, put their foot through the second kick drum, and tell him to stop being self-indulgent.

The way sulky Squires got his own back was to try to drown him out by out-filling him.  I felt sorry for poor Mani there.

Terrible.

Reni definitely overplayed on the reunion stuff.

Personally, I don't think he'd played drums for about 20 years and there were rumours about him having dodgy knees/hands. He was over compensating for the fact he couldn't play like he used to with all those fills.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...