You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your top 10 Liverpool bands, cloggy?

Off the top of my head.

Echo and the Bunnymen, Pale Fountains, Shack, The Teardrop Explodes, Frankie Goes to Hollywood > Cast

In no particular order off the top of my head

Bunnymen

Teardrop Explodes

Elvis Costello

The La's

The Stairs

Shack

Pale Fountains

Beatles

Half Man Half Biscuit*

The Coral*

Bill Ryder Jones*

Boo Radleys*(Giant Steps is waaaaaaay better than any Oasis album)

*If I'm not allowed stuff from The Wirral please replace with The Stands/The Strands/FGTH/Wild Swans/Clinic/Swinging Blue Jeans/Big In Japan.

All better than Cast.

• Upvote 1

In no particular order off the top of my headBunnymen Teardrop Explodes Elvis Costello The La'sThe Stairs ShackPale FountainsBeatlesHalf Man Half Biscuit*The Coral*Bill Ryder Jones*Boo Radleys*(Giant Steps is waaaaaaay better than any Oasis album) *If I'm not allowed stuff from The Wirral please replace with The Stands/The Strands/FGTH/Wild Swans/Clinic/Swinging Blue Jeans/Big In Japan.All better than Cast.

Gay.

I reckon Story of the Blues was one of the best songs of the 80s.  I have a soft spot for See That Glow, too.  Both better than Walk Away.

Finetime is a great song, though.

Anyway, Carcass, anybody?  Liverpool's finest grindcore artistes.  Songs about a minute long, played at a million miles an hour with titles like Ripped Brain.

I reckon Story of the Blues was one of the best songs of the 80s.  I have a soft spot for See That Glow, too.  Both better than Walk Away.

Finetime is a great song, though.

Anyway, Carcass, anybody?  Liverpool's finest grindcore artistes.  Songs about a minute long, played at a million miles an hour with titles like Ripped Brain.

Carcass are the thinkin mans grindcore!

Cast albums were a bit patchy with great singles. There's a b side called Get on you which I used to love. Boss live band

In no particular order off the top of my head

Bunnymen

Teardrop Explodes

Elvis Costello

The La's

The Stairs

Shack

Pale Fountains

Beatles

Half Man Half Biscuit*

The Coral*

Bill Ryder Jones*

Boo Radleys*(Giant Steps is waaaaaaay better than any Oasis album)

*If I'm not allowed stuff from The Wirral please replace with The Stands/The Strands/FGTH/Wild Swans/Clinic/Swinging Blue Jeans/Big In Japan.

All better than Cast.

Great list

I'd allow you the Wirral stuff. Although Bill Ryder Jones is a massive moaning Evertonian scruff.

The Real People?

Great list

I'd allow you the Wirral stuff. Although Bill Ryder Jones is a massive moaning Evertonian scruff.

The Real People?

Bill's severe depression probably makes him a bit moany but he was in great form last time I saw him and seemed fairly comfortable on stage, despite being heckled by some absolute loon who kept demanding that he denounce the Catholic church. I'll let him off his taste in f**ty for his albums of beauty. If... is a cracker and the last one was great.

The Real People are also better than Cast. Stig would love them. Noel and Liam certainly do.

For me, the first Roses album was poppy and melodic in the best senses of those words. This new thing is just an awful leaden dirge. It's a million miles away from their best work and that's got nothing to do with nostalgia as I almost never listen to music that isn't new to me in the previous 12 months.

Utter shite. Noel's had no original ideas? If you are an Oasis fan then you will have listened to everything by them. Even the most obscure Oasis b-sides are better than anything thats been produced in this country since the beatles with the exception of the verve, kasabian and cast. They are all still miles behind but have better songs that magic pie. I think.

This is a wind up isn't Stig?  You really don't believe that do you?

We can go round in circles about who's better than who, but can we all agree, that apart from Stig & Gary Neville, that the new Stone Roses song is shite?

I've got a feeling the summer is going to be kind to this song.

I remember One love and Second Coming both getting pelters when they were released as well, I'm not saying this song is anywhere near as good as them like but I'm keeping my powder dry.

• Upvote 1

Absolute dogshite that new Stone Roses song...The Stone Roses were best when they swaggered this song limps....no band ever makes its best music when its members are in their 50's, age and wealth blunts what makes bands great and especially when they haven't been a band together for over 20 years - stick to playing the classics for people to singalong to in stadiums and leave half baked shite like this on the cutting room floor where it belongs.

The Stone Roses are a heritage act and that is all that is down for them.

Utter shite. Noel's had no original ideas? If you are an Oasis fan then you will have listened to everything by them. Even the most obscure Oasis b-sides are better than anything thats been produced in this country since the beatles with the exception of the verve, kasabian and cast. They are all still miles behind but have better songs that magic pie. I think.

Have you recently sustained a head trauma?

In no particular order off the top of my head Bunnymen Teardrop Explodes Elvis Costello The La's The Stairs Shack Pale Fountains Beatles Half Man Half Biscuit* The Coral* Bill Ryder Jones* Boo Radleys*(Giant Steps is waaaaaaay better than any Oasis album) *If I'm not allowed stuff from The Wirral please replace with The Stands/The Strands/FGTH/Wild Swans/Clinic/Swinging Blue Jeans/Big In Japan. All better than Cast.

Repped for Boo Radleys/Giant Steps.

One of my all time favourites. Tragically underrated band. Its sad that people will remember them for "Wake Up Boo". Wake Up wasn't a bad album, but the media shoehorned them into that whole britpop thing, which they just weren't.

• Upvote 2