You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Meat is Murder, Unknown Pleasures and The Stone Roses are all better than Definitely Maybe. 

Unlikely that Definitely maybe would even have been made without those three bands existing. 

As are Bummed, Closer, This Nations Saving Grace and Hatful of Hollow. And The Queen is Dead. And I am Kurios Oranj.

Are we just making up albums to wind Stig up now?

The overwrought society of none - The Candlestick Whelks

Titty titty bang bang - The Painter Men

Dustin Hoffman is my Mum - The Dollies

I like cats - Shark Men 5

Eccles cakes - The Fantastic Society of Why

• Upvote 7

The unbearable stench of Eric Pickles - The Braying Ninnies

Underpants rethink -  The ginger idiots

Apologetic spurt - Jeff Vader 

• Upvote 4

Haha

People are forgetting the seminal Graphite Pencils album from 1978, they were from Greater Manchester. There's also the 90's garage revival band Spectrasonic Sounds with their legendary record "Spectrasonic sounds of the Spectrasonic Sounds". Who can forget Rocky Van Cleef either, Salford's answer to Scott Walker. 

• Upvote 2

Got tears running down my face laughing here. Some funny shit. 

Someone at the record label needs shooting though really. 

"So I was thinking that the best place on the calendar to release the new song would be here, in the same week that Radiohead and Super Furry Animals will show everyone what constantly creative bands can achieve even into their 40s and 50s; what do you say guys?"

Good call. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's fucking pants.

It's not a Stone Roses tune at all. That prick should never have got his hands anywhere near the production.

A better producer would have at least got Reni's drums and Mani's bass sounding more prominent. The riff is catchy. The first 16-20 bars are just lazy lyrics.

It sounds like a band that plays in the Zanzibar week in week out and if it was one them and not the Roses it wouldn't be wanked over as much as it is.

• Upvote 1

It's fucking pants.

It's not a Stone Roses tune at all. That prick should never have got his hands anywhere near the production.

A better producer would have at least got Reni's drums and Mani's bass sounding more prominent. The riff is catchy. The first 16-20 bars are just lazy lyrics.

It sounds like a band that plays in the Zanzibar week in week out and if it was one them and not the Roses it wouldn't be wanked over as much as it is.

It's a great throwaway pop single. It sounds like The Roses. It's being over analysed to fuck by a load of beauts. Get over it or just don't worry about it.

Like there's nothing else to listen to? DMAS

• Upvote 2

I think that sounds a lot more like The Seahorses than the Roses. I don't have anything against it, but would love to hear something more alternative from them, because I'm sure they're still capable of making great music that's not so pop-focused.

His voice sounded brilliant at Heaton Park.

Autotune can also be used live. 

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/27/3964406/seduced-by-perfect-pitch-how-auto-tune-conquered-pop-music

You can even use Auto-Tune live, so an artist can sing totally out of tune in concert and be corrected before their flaws ever reach the ears of an audience.*

*OR

You can even use Auto-Tune live, so an artist can sing totally out of tune in concert and be corrected before their flaws ever reach the ears of an audience member wearing an Oasis T Shirt.