Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

They all are really. Drea De Matteo made the point in an interview once that Adriana was probably the only truly 'innocent' character in the show, as in she didn't want anything from Christopher, she just loved him, and if he hadn't had the money and all the rest of it she'd still have been with him.

 

By contrast she said that wasn't the case with Carmella and the kids, and I think there's some  truth there. 

 

There's a genius scene where it's Carmella's birthday. Tony buys her expensive jewellery, Anthony buys her a Matrix DVD which he wants to watch and hasn't wrapped, and Meadow buys her a day spa trip for two which she is going to go on and says 'I put it on your card', at which point Tony smiles to himself. 

 

They're all grabbers in their own way. Look how quickly Carmella forgot about Adriana being missing as soon as she got the planning permission for her house? 

 

 

Yeah,Chase himself said that after the first series viewers were liking the characters too much so from series 2 onwards he had to show how they were not likeable much at all and he made sure viewers got that message from then on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James Gandeolfini’s $3,000 rolex watch was stolen by a paramedic after his heart attack

TMZ reported that the actor’s rolex was stolen sometime during his heart attack in 2013. The item was taken from Gandolfini’s hotel room in Rome, although no further damage was done to the hotel.

However, it was later reported that one of the paramedics who treated Gandolfini was responsible for the crime. Although the perpetrators were caught, because of Italy’s judicial system, the Hollywood Reporter noted it may take a long time before justice is served.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

James Gandeolfini’s $3,000 rolex watch was stolen by a paramedic after his heart attack

TMZ reported that the actor’s rolex was stolen sometime during his heart attack in 2013. The item was taken from Gandolfini’s hotel room in Rome, although no further damage was done to the hotel.

However, it was later reported that one of the paramedics who treated Gandolfini was responsible for the crime. Although the perpetrators were caught, because of Italy’s judicial system, the Hollywood Reporter noted it may take a long time before justice is served.

Mirroring the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Elite said:

Butch is one dislikable cunt. Scary dude though, has one of those faces.

I love the scene where they're discussing who to take out in Jersey and they're all sat in the back of a hair salon which he seemingly owns, in Brooklyn or Queens or somewhere, an absolute mile miles away from The Godfather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm supposed to get a vasectomy when this is my male heir?"

 

Watching it all again (only the second time, luckily) and I'd forgotten this line. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just scrolling on Reddit and read this theory that Patsy has Tony killed to protect his son. I’ve never connected those dots before but it certainly seems plausible. I’m not sure 

 

My only issue is that to whack a boss would be some stretch without retribution unless the other families decided that Tony had caused too much heat and decide to let it go. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Was just scrolling on Reddit and read this theory that Patsy has Tony killed to protect his son. I’ve never connected those dots before but it certainly seems plausible. I’m not sure 

 

My only issue is that to whack a boss would be some stretch without retribution unless the other families decided that Tony had caused too much heat and decide to let it go. 
 

 

 

The most plausible theory I've heard is Patsy and Paulie do a deal with New York to have both Phil and Tony whacked. There's a scene where Patsy and Paulie are talking in a very hushed tone at the Bing just before the hit on Phil. It's even reckoned that it's Little Carmine who set the whole thing up while acting as a neutral party; Butchie looks to Carmine who gives him a nod when they have the sit down with Tony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah I reckon it's someone who's either personally loyal to Phil, or one of the other four families because he whacked a boss and that makes other bosses nervous.

 

I'm more inclined to suspect the former though as it seems unusual to whack someone in front of their family (families don't get touched) but Phil was whacked in front of his wife and grandkids. Had an 'eye for an eye' feel about it, a personal hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone whacking a made guy let alone a boss would be signing their own death sentence and I just can’t see anyone being loyal to Phil enough to go through that, Phil doesn’t seem to have any family left  Especially with his brother gone (whatever happened there). It’s a business to most of these guys. 
 

I reckon that the 5 families in NY just decided that Tony was more of a problem than they needed with all the heat he brings and the spate of recent arrests crippling the mob they need to lie low and taking out Tony distracts and ends a number of feuds pacifying both sides of the conflict.

 

The NY families probably see this as an opportunity to carve up and take control of NJ which would make financial sense and they do seem to view NJ as a glorified crew after all. Patsy and Paulie are the only real guys left and it would be easy to control them and they both have reasons for going along with it.

 

I do love that here we are years later talking about this show and being able to see new angles all the time. It’s a masterpiece of writing, directing and acting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the book of the podcasts by Michael imperiloi and Steve Scrhrippa.

I couldnt get into the podcasts but despite the fact that the book is a transcript of them I like this.

Interesting that Tony Sirico was similar to Paulie in personality. Apparently after the anthrax scare in 2001 he was convinced it was going to happen to him so began to warm his post in the microwave to "kill the spores" 

 

The post then caught fire and destroyed his microwave 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Really can’t see Paulie having anything to do with Tony’s death. 
 

 


when it came towards the end Paulie realised he was the becoming the odd man out. He was passed over continually  in favour of Chrissy and Bobby. Tony was also clearly irritated by him and he made that obvious (the horse painting for example). He even thought Tony was gonna whack him over talking to Johnny Sac and gossiping over family business and if I remember rightly suggested to Johnny he would always be a friend no matter what.

 

I’m not saying he directly was involved. But If push came to shove and he was asked if he had any issues with Tony going, he’d save his own ass he’s an opportunist at heart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Was just scrolling on Reddit and read this theory that Patsy has Tony killed to protect his son. I’ve never connected those dots before but it certainly seems plausible. I’m not sure 

 

My only issue is that to whack a boss would be some stretch without retribution unless the other families decided that Tony had caused too much heat and decide to let it go. 
 

 

 

 

95f77e85-71a6-4a25-a48e-ea178e4d9488_tex

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Got the book of the podcasts by Michael imperiloi and Steve Scrhrippa.

I couldnt get into the podcasts but despite the fact that the book is a transcript of them I like this.

Interesting that Tony Sirico was similar to Paulie in personality. Apparently after the anthrax scare in 2001 he was convinced it was going to happen to him so began to warm his post in the microwave to "kill the spores" 

 

The post then caught fire and destroyed his microwave 

Chase does the voiceover in the episode where Paulie says 'I was there when the Columbos were going at it, I lived through the 70s by the skin of my nuts' 

 

And Chase goes 'he's not kidding either, he really did.'

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Chase does the voiceover in the episode where Paulie says 'I was there when the Columbos were going at it, I lived through the 70s by the skin of my nuts' 

 

And Chase goes 'he's not kidding either, he really did.'

 

 

 

 

 

For a hardened criminal he was a great actor.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/12/2021 at 12:22, JagSquared said:


when it came towards the end Paulie realised he was the becoming the odd man out. He was passed over continually  in favour of Chrissy and Bobby. Tony was also clearly irritated by him and he made that obvious (the horse painting for example). He even thought Tony was gonna whack him over talking to Johnny Sac and gossiping over family business and if I remember rightly suggested to Johnny he would always be a friend no matter what.

 

I’m not saying he directly was involved. But If push came to shove and he was asked if he had any issues with Tony going, he’d save his own ass he’s an opportunist at heart. 

 

Paulie knew Tony was thinking of whacking him on the boat over telling John about the Ginny Sac joke. He's stupid, but he's not that stupid. For me I think whatever loyalty he had left to Tony was out of the window at that moment. I can absolutely see Paulie being in on it. That look he gives the last time we see him, with the ChrissyCat outside of Satriales is telling too. There's a little more to it than "I've taken on a responsibility I don't want."

 

My interpretation – regardless of what Chase says – is that Tony doesn't die, though. Just the way I prefer to envision it and the ending gave me the power to do that.

 

Anyway $4lb 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Semi interesting and quite well done. 

 

 

5 hours ago, Welsh said:

I watched Many saints the other night, what a disappointment that was. It was pretty shit to put it lightly. 

 

I'll tell you one thing, and I'm not ashamed to say it, my estimation of David Chase as a man fucking plummeted when I watched it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×