You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just now, Elite said:

What did you fellas think of Feech?

Nice little throwback to Scarface casting him.

Thought he was good, had potential but he was struggling to learn his lines wasn't he?

I was always surprised we never saw 'Old Man Dimeao', who was the actual boss, Jackie Aprile was only acting boss while the old man was in jail. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Always wondered if there was a bit of a plot hole with Johnnie Sack. He was underboss of a new York family by 99 but in his trial it says he was only in the mob from 96. Either that or he was shit hot.

Definitely a plot hole. Even Jesus didn't rise that fast.

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Your top 5 characters excluding Tony. In order if possible (very hard).

Go!

1. Uncle Junior 

2. Paulie 

3. Johnny Sac (appreciated him much more 2nd time around).

4. Ralphie 

5. Philly 

1. Uncle Jun

2. Livia

3. Paulie

4. Ralphie

5. Svetlana

Adriana's tits narrowly miss out on top 5. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Always wondered if there was a bit of a plot hole with Johnnie Sack. He was underboss of a new York family by 99 but in his trial it says he was only in the mob from 96. Either that or he was shit hot.

They also mention gerry torciano as one of the favourites to take over the lupertazzi family. He only becomes a made guy in the prior season 

• Upvote 1

Absolutely howling laughing at the last episode of S1 when Mikey Palmice's Mrs is in tears to the TV cameras after he's disappeared, saying that before he went out for his run he told her that he loved her and he'd see her soon. 

Junior's classic Angie Dickinson line and Silvio's brilliant little speech in the clip below, as well. I said earlier in this thread that i hadn't appreciated just how hilarious the show was on first viewing but there are so many genuine laugh out loud moments, it's incredible.  

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Elite said:

Your top 5 characters excluding Tony. In order if possible (very hard).

Go!

1. Uncle Junior 

2. Paulie 

3. Johnny Sac (appreciated him much more 2nd time around).

4. Ralphie 

5. Philly 

This is gimmick infringement and Moanero would have you bang to rights in court.

On 28/11/2021 at 20:17, littletedwest said:

They also mention gerry torciano as one of the favourites to take over the lupertazzi family. He only becomes a made guy in the prior season 

Probably when the Feds were first able to prove his involvement in LCN. Like Christopher, in the first couple of seasons all pissed off because he wasn't notorious enough. By about season 5 he had a constant tail from the Feds.

On 21/11/2021 at 19:10, JagSquared said:

Richie was great a guy who thought Tony would look up to him as he was a big deal when Tony was coming up and not being able to handle the tables being turned. I thought the actor played that to a tee.

jackie Juniors awkwardness also worked for me a young guy who was in over his head and idea of the mafia was based more on movies than reality. 

vito too was great showing the backwards behaviour of the guys but agree they probably stretched that storyline as far as they could. 

Apparently the Vito storyline was based on a real character in one of the five families who was gay.

I love the hypocrisy in The Sopranos. Tony is talking about the kid who got hurt on the fair ride at the feast of St Elzear and about how the parents will make a claim and it'll just be another excuse not to work, and Anthony is laughing away, yet he's an absolute bum who moans about having to get a job and got fired from Blockbuster. 

28 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I love the hypocrisy in The Sopranos. Tony is talking about the kid who got hurt on the fair ride at the feast of St Elzear and about how the parents will make a claim and it'll just be another excuse not to work, and Anthony is laughing away, yet he's an absolute bum who moans about having to get a job and got fired from Blockbuster. 

I think that is sort of the point of the son's character,he was an absolute brat who wanted for nothing.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think that is sort of the point of the son's character,he was an absolute brat who wanted for nothing.

They all are really. Drea De Matteo made the point in an interview once that Adriana was probably the only truly 'innocent' character in the show, as in she didn't want anything from Christopher, she just loved him, and if he hadn't had the money and all the rest of it she'd still have been with him.

By contrast she said that wasn't the case with Carmella and the kids, and I think there's some  truth there. 

There's a genius scene where it's Carmella's birthday. Tony buys her expensive jewellery, Anthony buys her a Matrix DVD which he wants to watch and hasn't wrapped, and Meadow buys her a day spa trip for two which she is going to go on and says 'I put it on your card', at which point Tony smiles to himself. 

They're all grabbers in their own way. Look how quickly Carmella forgot about Adriana being missing as soon as she got the planning permission for her house? 

• Upvote 1