You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

22 minutes ago, Elite said:

I remember not being overly keen in his character first time around but think he was a good character but not a stand out one. It all did seemed rushed with him though.

Chase was making quite a bit of it up on the fly.

Initially it was supposed to be 1 season. Then the reaction was so big that they commissioned another year - which is why season 2 has so many new characters and plots - then s3 was supposed to be Livia testifying against Tony, before the actress died, so you have a season which is mostly short stories and self-contained episodes(great ones), then he wanted to end it with season 4, but they offered him so much money, for 2 more years and finally there was a writer's strike and some contractual disputes with the cast so S6 is split into 2 parts. Hence why you get all malaise/ nothing happens episodes, anti-climactic, Vito business.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Chase was making quite a bit of it up on the fly.

Initially it was supposed to be 1 season. Then the reaction was so big that they commissioned another year - which is why season 2 has so many new characters and plots - then s3 was supposed to be Livia testifying against Tony, before the actress died, so you have a season which is mostly short stories and self-contained episodes(great ones), then he wanted to end it with season 4, but they offered him so much money, for 2 more years and finally there was a writer's strike and some contractual disputes with the cast so S6 is split into 2 parts. Hence why you get all malaise/ nothing happens episodes, anti-climactic, Vito business.

I'm enjoying all the Vito stuff, he's a good character.

Just now, Elite said:

I'm enjoying all the Vito stuff, he's a good character.

Fair play.

I always felt they were just padding out the episodes and that the actor wasn't up to the usual standards. Very few misfires in the show but Vito and the Jamba Juice brunette are the two that stand out. When you compare 6a and 6b, its night and day in terms of plot, momentum and quality. Maybe the actor they got to play Jackie Jr, as well, that was a mistake. He was in over his head.

4 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Fair play.

I always felt they were just padding out the episodes and that the actor wasn't up to the usual standards. Very few misfires in the show but Vito and the Jamba Juice brunette are the two that stand out. When you compare 6a and 6b, its night and day in terms of plot, momentum and quality. Maybe the actor they got to play Jackie Jr, as well, that was a mistake. He was in over his head.

I didn't mind Jackie Jnr either. The only character I didn't really like was Richie Aprile, from both a character and actor perspective. I'm nearing 6b now.

21 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Really? I thought richie was fantastic.

Defo agree on the season 6a jamba juice storyline and vito dragging on. Although the vito story did have some hilarious stuff in

I much preferred Ralphie in that antagonist role.

53 minutes ago, Elite said:

I didn't mind Jackie Jnr either. The only character I didn't really like was Richie Aprile, from both a character and actor perspective. I'm nearing 6b now.

We'll keep that between us. Don't repeat it, though. I can't guarantee your safety if Section or Mook see that.

Richie was great a guy who thought Tony would look up to him as he was a big deal when Tony was coming up and not being able to handle the tables being turned. I thought the actor played that to a tee.

jackie Juniors awkwardness also worked for me a young guy who was in over his head and idea of the mafia was based more on movies than reality. 

vito too was great showing the backwards behaviour of the guys but agree they probably stretched that storyline as far as they could. 

17 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Fair play.

The Jamba Juice brunette? You mean Julia Margulies? She rules.

3 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Very funny when Chris pretends he has a black girlfriend rather than admit to Tony he's shagging her. Then pretends he's bought her the Luther vandross boxset for Christmas 

One of the funniest lines in the show. On the spot comes up with something that he thinks is believable.