You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What are your biggest regrets over the Sopranos/things you would change plot wise?

I’ve always thought Junior was wasted after season one. Great character and they carried on with his house arrest for too long. I know it might have made sense plot wise but they should have made more of him. 

The other thing that comes to mind is Feech La Manna. I know Robert Loggia was apparently struggling with his lines and stuff playing him but he was quality. Would have loved him to be in it a bit longer. 

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I might watch it all again,for about the fifth time.

I’m doing that right now mate. Just at the end of the first series - my wife’s first watch. She was a bit reticent at first, but she’s hook line and sinker now. I’m getting excited for her thinking about what’s coming up. I’m properly envious that she’s watching it for the first time. My favourite programme ever - genre irrelevant, it’s untouchable.

49 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The actor that plays Carmine in real life was the guy portrayed in Green Book, a great film.

maxresdefault.jpg

Fucking hell - that’s a boss fact! My Judy loves that film so I’ll be regaling that fact when we get to the bit where Carmine comes into it. Can’t believe Carmine is black in real life.

• Upvote 4

On 18/12/2009 at 20:38, Sugar Ape said:

I bought the complete boxset a few months ago and watched every episode again in 6 weeks. If there was one character I would have liked to see in it a bit longer and maybe start some serious shit with Tony, it would be Feech.

On 18/12/2009 at 22:09, Sugar Ape said:

That has always annoyed me too; there was plenty of mileage to be got out of him getting out of jail.

Him and Feech aside, I always thought that Uncle Junior was criminally underused. He spent what, 4 seasons? under house arrest, I would have liked to see him get out maybe around the time Feech got out of jail and get a bit more hands on with his crew.

Fucking hell we really do just chat the same shit all the time don’t we? I thought what I was saying seemed familiar as I was typing it. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

What are your biggest regrets over the Sopranos/things you would change plot wise?

I’ve always thought Junior was wasted after season one. Great character and they carried on with his house arrest for too long. I know it might have made sense plot wise but they should have made more of him. 

The other thing that comes to mind is Feech La Manna. I know Robert Loggia was apparently struggling with his lines and stuff playing him but he was quality. Would have loved him to be in it a bit longer. 

Agree on that I missed junior. One scene I'd have liked to see was when furio visited the French guy who ripped artie off after the door opened.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Agree on that I missed junior. One scene I'd have liked to see was when furio visited the French guy who ripped artie off after the door opened.

Also the fella who rapes Melfi. I was fucking begging her to tell him when I watched it the first time. 

36 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Fucking hell we really do just chat the same shit all the time don’t we? I thought what I was saying seemed familiar as I was typing it. 

Why haven't you deleted your account?

If I was found to be posting the same thing over and over again, I'd be too embarrassed to show my face on here again.

If Melfi had told him it would have completely ruined the entire dynamic of the two, she dipped her toes into his murky waters a couple of times with her behaviour, and that was enough. To stay true to their relationship she had to keep believing what he did and who he was , was wrong.

8 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

If Melfi had told him it would have completely ruined the entire dynamic of the two, she dipped her toes into his murky waters a couple of times with her behaviour, and that was enough. To stay true to their relationship she had to keep believing what he did and who he was , was wrong.

There’s a reason Junior was on house arrest as well, there’s a valid reason for pretty much anything you can gripe over in The Sopranos. Still, it would have made a great scene if Tony got his hands on him. 

1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

There’s a reason Junior was on house arrest as well, there’s a valid reason for pretty much anything you can gripe over in The Sopranos. Still, it would have made a great scene if Tony got his hands on him. 

Of course, tbh I skip the melfi scenes now, just don't need them.

9 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Of course, tbh I skip the melfi scenes now, just don't need them.

Me too but I’m watching it again with my Mrs who is watching it for the first time so I’m forced to sit through them. To be fair he comes out with some great lines to her but I just can’t be arsed with them. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

I wouldn't exactly change anything, but I would be very interested in an alternative reality that has Ralphie killing Tony in their season 4 fight.

You could then have 2/3 seasons of mob conflict with Paulie(underboss), Feech(seniority) and Ralph(biggest earner) vying for the role of boss with the likes of Furio, Sil, Chrissy and Tony B caught in the middle trying to decide who they should align with. In this telling, Chris would be our point of view character for any Mafia stuff. Meadow would take over the home life/suburban America stuff and I would have her slowly getting drawn to the other stuff as she tries to figure out where all of Tony's money is, how much there is, where to get it etc.

After Tony was racist to him, Noah told Carmella that Tony was "lucky I didn't punch his fucking lights out." I would have loved to see that.

• Upvote 1