You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Wire has no place being mentioned in the company of The Sopranos, The Shield, Homicide - Life on the Streets or NYPD Blue. The Wire is lame and has an English bloke as a lead with a cod CA accent. Muthafucka! 'Lost' is shite too. The End.

The Wire has no place being mentioned in the company of The Sopranos, The Shield, Homicide - Life on the Streets or NYPD Blue. The Wire is lame and has an English bloke as a lead with a cod CA accent. Muthafucka! 'Lost' is shite too. The End.

How can the Wire be shitter than Homicide? It's like saying the T-1000 is shitter than the T800.

I love the scene when Tony go's to his Dad's old girlfriends and see's the picture of his dog. Tony's face is fucking priceless.

Or the start of his dream in 'the test dream', when Carmine is next to him in bed....'I miss my Violet'... 'what violin?'.

Best programme ever made.

I love the scene when Tony go's to his Dad's old girlfriends and see's the picture of his dog. Tony's face is fucking priceless.

Or the start of his dream in 'the test dream', when Carmine is next to him in bed....'I miss my Violet'... 'what violin?'.

Best programme ever made.

"OH THIS IS MY FUCKIN DOG!"

"Where's Meadow?"

"Jackie Jr took her to the city to see Aida"

"I EAT HER?!"

I think i've seen every single episode about three time's and still don't get tired of them.

I re-watched season four recently as i remember thinking it wasn't that great at the time due to all the Carmella stuff. But re-watching it made me realise just how well written the whole series was.

How we slowly see Carmela become more and more distanced from Tony and how the Furio thing plays in the middle of that. The end of the episode when Furio leaves is fucking brilliant. There's a shot of Carmella in bed and as her and Tony finish talking Annie Lennox's Little bird start's up before the credit's roll.

I think i've seen every single episode about three time's and still don't get tired of them.

I re-watched season four recently as i remember thinking it wasn't that great at the time due to all the Carmella stuff. But re-watching it made me realise just how well written the whole series was.

How we slowly see Carmela become more and more distanced from Tony and how the Furio thing plays in the middle of that. The end of the episode when Furio leaves is fucking brilliant. There's a shot of Carmella in bed and as her and Tony finish talking Annie Lennox's Little bird start's up before the credit's roll.

Word. Just finished season 4 myself. It's brilliant. The scenes with Tony & Carmella going at each other in the last couple of episodes are some strong stuff.

Quite painful to watch if you've been through that experience.

Word. Just finished season 4 myself. It's brilliant. The scenes with Tony & Carmella going at each other in the last couple of episodes are some strong stuff.

Quite painful to watch if you've been through that experience.

Yep. The quality of acting from both of them in the final episode (Whitecaps) is fucking immense.

I never really got into the Sopranos, is it supposed to be a dark comedy or is it supposed to mirror the modern day mob in the States? Or a bit of both?

Both really, I've read a few things that say it's a pretty accurate depiction of how the mob works, but the early seasons especially are very funny in places. It lost a lot of its humour in the later seasons, and lost some of its appeal IMO for that reason.

Ok .Let me add to this . I loved 1 & 2 but 3 just seems to plod along .Maybe the 2nd half will get better. I hope so .

It does get better.

The last one in the series is so-so but the two before that (Amour Fou and Pine Barrens) are some of the very best.

Ok .Let me add to this . I loved 1 & 2 but 3 just seems to plod along .Maybe the 2nd half will get better. I hope so .

Clearing that up saved you a Neg.

The 3rd season starts slowly. The reason why is Nancy Marchland (sp) who plays Olivia actually died between seasons 2 & 3.

The 3rd season was written about was she / wasn't she going to testify against Tony in court.

Obviousley needed to re-write a lot of the season because of it.

If you watch the last scene Tony has with Olivia, it's all super imposed from clips of her in previous seasons and looks a bit shit.

It does get better and gets back to the heights of the previous 2 seasons at the end.

As others have said, Pine Barrens and more Ralphie are amoungst the shows best moments.

Has nobody else noticed how in Season 1, Jackie Aprile and then Junior are only 'acting boss' and that the real boss, Di Maio, is in prison.

It's never mentioned for more than a handful of times in Season 1 and then never again.

It was mentioned the boss was elderly, but there was never any mention of him dying in prison.

I've thought of these dozens of times but never thought to post it before.

Seems odd it was just forgotten about.

Has nobody else noticed how in Season 1, Jackie Aprile and then Junior are only 'acting boss' and that the real boss, Di Maio, is in prison.

It's never mentioned for more than a handful of times in Season 1 and then never again.

It was mentioned the boss was elderly, but there was never any mention of him dying in prison.

I've thought of these dozens of times but never thought to post it before.

Seems odd it was just forgotten about.

I earned a cigar on The Sopranos Tour for pointing out the name of Tony's family was actually the DiMeo crime family.

I always thought it was being held back as a future plot point, that maybe the real boss would get out of the nick and start some shit but it never happened - unfortunately IMO.

To be honest I felt that was part of Seaosn 5 which was wasted, they let all these old gangsters out and with the exception of Phil, shit never really got real.