You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paulie: Karen is wild, and you, you gotta take it easy. You got children. I'm not saying you've got to go back to her this moment, but you gotta go back. Got to keep up appearances 

Jimmy: I've got the two of them coming up to the house everyday, commiserating. The two of them. I can't have it. I can't have it.

6 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Paulie: Karen is wild, and you, you gotta take it easy. You got children. I'm not saying you've got to go back to her this moment, but you gotta go back. Got to keep up appearances 

Jimmy: I've got the two of them coming up to the house everyday, commiserating. The two of them. I can't have it. I can't have it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've started watching this again, watched the first episode last night & was shocked at how young some of them looked.

Thank fuck, this will save me & the missus going through Netflix for half an hour every night looking for something absolutely shite to watch.

32 minutes ago, Mook said:

I've started watching this again, watched the first episode last night & was shocked at how young some of them looked.

Thank fuck, this will save me & the missus going through Netflix for half an hour every night looking for something absolutely shite to watch.

It's astonishing how large the leap in quality is when you compare the second episode to the pilot. It's almost a completely different show

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 31/05/2019 at 13:42, Section_31 said:

We've got a radio in the bathroom and now and again it says 'battery low', and I always shout out loud at it: "Battery Low! Half the block's outside waitin' for blowjobs!' 

Whenever "if I was a carpenter" is playing, we all lean in and go, "and you were a douchebag".

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finished re watching again (far too many times) and its striking how much your opinions of characters change.

Anyway as it ends the way it does. Let’s suppose that Tony is whacked - which would be understandable. Where does that leave the rest of the NJ family?

Sil, Bobby, Chrissy gone.

Carlo - likely turning rat to save his son.

leave us with Paulie and patsy parisi as the options for boss. How would that even play out? Do they just get absorbed by New York? Would they recover would Paulie even make a decent boss?

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Finished re watching again (far too many times) and its striking how much your opinions of characters change.

Anyway as it ends the way it does. Let’s suppose that Tony is whacked - which would be understandable. Where does that leave the rest of the NJ family?

Sil, Bobby, Chrissy gone.

Carlo - likely turning rat to save his son.

leave us with Paulie and patsy parisi as the options for boss. How would that even play out? Do they just get absorbed by New York? Would they recover would Paulie even make a decent boss?

Paulie wouldn't want to be boss and wouldn't take it. Nobody would accept him.

There's probably other offshoots of the De Meo family that could step up, but New York would have a big influence in succession.  

Realistically they need someone who has been in the top echelons of management to ensure consistency and get support. That only leaves patsy and paulie.

Paulie would take it on the same basis he took the construction crew - albeit reluctantly. He took that despite declining it after Tony suggested Patsy was his secondary option. I think the same would apply here. 

i assume benny and little Paulie step up to capos while patsy junior and his crew take up the “almost made guy” mantle that Chrissy has in earlier seasons.

the family is decimated though. I can’t see Paulie being of the right boss calibre or having the gravitas to be successful and there isn’t anyone else to step up. I could see them being all but in name absorbed by NY and becoming a glorified crew.

1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

Realistically they need someone who has been in the top echelons of management to ensure consistency and get support. That only leaves patsy and paulie.

Paulie would take it on the same basis he took the construction crew - albeit reluctantly. He took that despite declining it after Tony suggested Patsy was his secondary option. I think the same would apply here. 

i assume benny and little Paulie step up to capos while patsy junior and his crew take up the “almost made guy” mantle that Chrissy has in earlier seasons.

the family is decimated though. I can’t see Paulie being of the right boss calibre or having the gravitas to be successful and there isn’t anyone else to step up. I could see them being all but in name absorbed by NY and becoming a glorified crew.

Isn’t Patsy Junior Meadow Sopranos fiancé at the end of the series? Can’t see him being involved in all that. Always makes me sad the scene in the last episode when Paulie is sitting outside Satriale’s all alone when all the other guys from earlier seasons are either dead or in prison.

From this

0ACBC8B0-F1DC-4CB7-A4F5-EDE60EF4CE87.jpeg

To this

AFD25A17-ADF1-4E56-ADDD-D452DFFF231E.png

2 hours ago, Johnny Utah said:

Isn’t Patsy Junior Meadow Sopranos fiancé at the end of the series? Can’t see him being involved in all that. Always makes me sad the scene in the last episode when Paulie is sitting outside Satriale’s all alone when all the other guys from earlier seasons are either dead or in prison.

From this

0ACBC8B0-F1DC-4CB7-A4F5-EDE60EF4CE87.jpeg

To this

AFD25A17-ADF1-4E56-ADDD-D452DFFF231E.png

No that was the older of patsys kids the younger was at university and burned that kids toe off.

that scene is quite sad. Paulie left all alone in his “professional” life as he is in his personal one

2 hours ago, Johnny Utah said:

On a different note is there any characters you wish they had of used more?Thought Brendan Filone and Mikey Palmice were fucking hilarious an got whacked too quickly.Just look at Brendan’s facial expressions in this clip

https://youtu.be/2R2vceT7oYg

Mikey Palmice definitely. 

Think they could have used Paulie junior a little more and whoever the fuck killed Phil Leotardo he just turns up in the final few episodes and seem in with the gang. 

Phils killing was was a thing of beauty, brutal and hilarious. “Oh shit!” - kid pukes.