You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That image was so sad. Just Paullie left like a cockroach who'd survived a nuke. No one else around the table eating and "breakin balls" like in the past.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Just think, the way the show was left, Paulie would have become boss.

That show would have had endless comedy potential

Edited by Remmie

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I know it's finished but this needs to stay high on this board as a matter of principle. Someone mentioned the other day that we don't have a good enough Sopranos thread and he was right and frankly it's a disgrace.

The memories of T, Chrissy, Sil, Ralphie, Paullie etc should never be left forgotten.

It was simply the greatest TV show of all time: Perfect cast, perfect characters, perfect humour, perfect drama and a perfect ending regardless fow what any morons say.

So show your love for The Sopranos by giving some thoughts on your favourite lines, episodes, characters etc and your thoughts on what the ending meant (anyone who has not bothered to see it yet shouldn't read on and also, your a disgrace!).

Personally, Chris was always my favourite character. Watched an episode from the final season last night where he and Paullie had a big run in over some power drills, classic! What struck me the most though was how marginalised he was which was really sad. He just wasn't part of the group anymore, never at he Bing, no proper relationship with T and he'd branched out because of Cleaver. The writing was on the wall but his death was still the biggest "OH MY FUCKING GOD" moment of that entire series for me. As Sil said:

"He's gone now......our Chrissy.....crazy fuckin maniac"

absolute awesome show, the best series of all time! There are countless amazing episodes but one great scene was when Tony sister Janice whacks Richie Aprille here is the scene

Edited by Remmie

Don't really like them.

I get the name Kevin Finerty = Infinity, he appears to be in purgatory and the light with the party inside is heaven (or hell).

I think the idea he is a salesman actually means thats what he would do if he could do it all again (heaven) but losing his identity & being diagnosed with alzheimer's is the worst thing he could think of (hell).

Not sure about the buddhists or some other things add to the story though.

Despite the above, I don't really get them. I'm not sure how it fits together, they felt very dis-jointed to me.

What about you? You got any insight into them?

Don't really like them.

I get the name Kevin Finerty = Infinity, he appears to be in purgatory and the light with the party inside is heaven (or hell).

I think the idea he is a salesman actually means thats what he would do if he could do it all again (heaven) but losing his identity & being diagnosed with alzheimer's is the worst thing he could think of (hell).

Not sure about the buddhists or some other things add to the story though.

Despite the above, I don't really get them. I'm not sure how it fits together, they felt very dis-jointed to me.

What about you? You got any insight into them?

Similar to you really mate. It was interesting but not tottaly satisfying. Enjoyed seeing Tony as a slightly different person. I wondered about the Buddhists, but then i saw his doctor (a bald Asian man like one of the monks) and i wouldn't put it past Chase to have just thrown that in there as a meaningless curveball based on Tony adding Asian's into his dream because he saw the Asian doctor. You just never know.

I want to know why, when he's tripping in a later episode and see's the sun coming up after Chrissy's death he starts screaming "I GET IT!". I know he see's the sun and it reminds him of the light when he was in a coma, but he get's what?

I like it in the Finnerty episode where he's in the hotel room and shouting at the room next door when the noise is actually Paulie speaking to him in the hospital room.

'WILL YOU SHUT THE HELL UP IN THERE'

I'm half way through the 4th season again & I've decided that the best season or so character is Ralphie. Brilliant character. Such a loathsome prick but nearly everything he says is hilarious.

Just think, the way the show was left, Paulie would have become boss.

That show would have had endless comedy potential

I think it would have turned into something more Seinfeld than The Sopranos had that been the case.

I can imagine Paulie Kramer-esquely bursting through a door and shouting, 'Hey, I'm torturing this guy but he says he'd rather be wacked than give me information!' followed by the sound of canned laughter.

ralphie was a great character, loved him when he was coked up reciting lines from the swords and sandal epics, evil pricks always make interesting characters.

what happened to tony is best left as a teaser, like lots of great theatre, it leaves it completely up to the viewer to make is mind up, nothing can be fact and nothing can be discounted.

best musical application in a tv show aswell.

i'll have to check out the wire dvds at some point to see what its like as im sometimes offended when i read people say its the best show ever as im a huge sopranos fan, we shall see.

Edited by Remmie

thats my view aswell without ever seeing an episode of it' date=' so i suppose in the interest of fairness i'll have to give it a go.

i'll be looking for holes to pick in it no doubt.[/quote']

I watched the first 2 seasons and got bored of it. It's too slow for me. It's also fairly humourless.

Certainly no charatcers anywhere near the quality of Ralphie, Paulie & the like.

• 1 month later...

It would've been ace to see Tony's brain splatter all over his stupid bitch of a wifes face.

Would have been better if Furio was eyeing Carmella up while playing pool and then took the cue to Tony's head and walked off into the sunset with her no?
Edited by Remmie