Quantcast
THE Sopranos thread - Page 24 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

I have been listening to American desperado the last few weeks and he mentions Tony Sirico in that,says he was pretty handy in a fight and good with a knife in realy life

Ralph was always on the cusp of being a caricature with the outfits, the wisecracks and the hair. His death scene is terrific, and it's build up with Pie-O-my, was terrific.

Love the way the characters are so completely sociopathic. When Pussy is following Christopher and crashes, he knocks a bloke off his bike and when he gets out the car just limps past and doesn't give him a second thought.

Same when Ralphie kills that dancer, Paulie says 'he was well out of order disrespecting the Bing.' Tony is like 'only 22 this kid' and Paulie says 'that too'.

Getting to the part I hate the most. 

I can't stand Carmella at the best of times, but when she starts fucking around with Furio, and getting ideas above herself with the money and the real estate shit. 

In this episode she finds that birds fake nail in Tonys laundry and that's supposed to be what pushed her over the edge to steal his money out of the bird feeder. Pisses me right off that. He told her a few episodes ago that they didn't have that sort of cash lying around, talking about $10k she wanted to use to buy some stocks. He knows he did, but he had it saved up. Still she thinks its ok to just fuckin take it.

He makes the money, he decides what happens with it. She raises the family, makes the home. If she wants to spend more than the allowance Tony gives her, she should get a fuckin job. The one thing I think that would have made this entire TV series better for me, is if he hit her just once at the height of their fall out. He can instantly regret it sure, but I'd have loved to see him properly knock her down a peg.

Apparently in that scene in season one where Meadow is on the couch kissing, Gandolfini went apeshit on the lad for slipping her the tongue.

Just started on series two. I was reading how Livia is based on David Chase's own mum. What a b*tch she must have been. The scene with her and Janice when they're talking about the DNR is priceless.

The amazing double standards of most of the characters but Carmella in particular is funny.

She herself,used strong arm tactics on the neigbour's (twin) sister,a ridiculous character who was the same actress doing two roles of course.

The stuff about how criminals express Ott concern for the welfare of animals and kids is spot on too. That's probably why kicking shit out of paedos is so roundly encouraged in the clink.

I've never loathed a female character in any series more than i did with Carmela*, she defined the word hypocrite.

*Laura Roslin in Battlestar Galactica ran her close.

The stuff about how criminals express Ott concern for the welfare of animals and kids is spot on too. That's probably why kicking shit out of paedos is so roundly encouraged in the clink.

Melfi just told him the only time he's been this upset in her office before was about the ducks. 

Getting to the part I hate the most. 

I can't stand Carmella at the best of times, but when she starts fucking around with Furio, and getting ideas above herself with the money and the real estate shit. 

In this episode she finds that birds fake nail in Tonys laundry and that's supposed to be what pushed her over the edge to steal his money out of the bird feeder. Pisses me right off that. He told her a few episodes ago that they didn't have that sort of cash lying around, talking about $10k she wanted to use to buy some stocks. He knows he did, but he had it saved up. Still she thinks its ok to just fuckin take it.

He makes the money, he decides what happens with it. She raises the family, makes the home. If she wants to spend more than the allowance Tony gives her, she should get a fuckin job. The one thing I think that would have made this entire TV series better for me, is if he hit her just once at the height of their fall out. He can instantly regret it sure, but I'd have loved to see him properly knock her down a peg.

She needed a dry bumming badly.

The amazing double standards of most of the characters but Carmella in particular is funny.

She herself,used strong arm tactics on the neigbour's (twin) sister,a ridiculous character who was the same actress doing two roles of course.

She also bribed the Headmaster she was banging to give AJ important grades when he was as thick as shite.

Started re-watching for the first time in years and just got to the end of the first series

"cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this"

Couldn't stop laughing