You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You mean malapropisms? "Create some dysentery in the ranks" "I was prostate with grief"? It was just a genius way of showing how they're all essentially pretty uneducated and thick.

carmine jnr had some crackers "I have 9 pictures under my sub species" talking about the movie business and "we are at the precipice of a giant crossroads" talking about fuck knows what

carmine jnr had some crackers "I have 9 pictures under my sub species" talking about the movie business and "we are at the precipice of a giant crossroads" talking about fuck knows what

I'm sure this stuff comes from the Joe Pistone 'Donnie Brasco' book as he was the first one to dispel the myth of these fellas being some kind of criminal masterminds as nobody on the outside had infiltrated the organisation before him.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished this series up in the week. Absolutely fuckin' immense show that I think right now sits just behind the Shield in me all time list.

I'd always heard shite talking about regarding the ending of the show and even though I was slightly taken aback and confused by it, it still wasn't anywhere near as bad as I'd thought it might be.

Part of the thing I think that fucks people off with the end of the series is the ambiguity of the remaining characters future. You've seen these people week in, week out for a number of years and for their to be no finality on them is a major annoyance to some. I personally couldn't give a fuck about that. You don't know them fully when you start watching a series so why would you need to know everything at the end?

The whole point of a series is the journey you go on from the pilot itself until the series finale. And as a show the Sopranos did that brilliantly well. They portrayed some of the characters as cunts at times but it did what I always find immense in any show, in that it tested the viewer. It gave you these violent, law breaking thugs basically and made them likeable. And you as the viewer had to determine at what point the line was in relation to it all.

I will go back and watch this again at some point and that says all you need to know about the show.

Finally finished this series up in the week. Absolutely fuckin' immense show that I think right now sits just behind the Shield in me all time list.

I'd always heard shite talking about regarding the ending of the show and even though I was slightly taken aback and confused by it, it still wasn't anywhere near as bad as I'd thought it might be.

Part of the thing I think that fucks people off with the end of the series is the ambiguity of the remaining characters future. You've seen these people week in, week out for a number of years and for their to be no finality on them is a major annoyance to some. I personally couldn't give a fuck about that. You don't know them fully when you start watching a series so why would you need to know everything at the end?

The whole point of a series is the journey you go on from the pilot itself until the series finale. And as a show the Sopranos did that brilliantly well. They portrayed some of the characters as cunts at times but it did what I always find immense in any show, in that it tested the viewer. It gave you these violent, law breaking thugs basically and made them likeable. And you as the viewer had to determine at what point the line was in relation to it all.

I will go back and watch this again at some point and that says all you need to know about the show.

Not seen the Sheild but I can't see it being better than The Sopanos or The Wire.

At the end of the sopranos, I felt shakey, confused and a little lost. I went for a smoke and realized it was the perfect end to the rollercoaster I had experienced since starting watching and that I was blessed to have been a part of it. Beautiful.

Anyway.

Furio up in this, bitches.

[YOUTUBE]Ywnn0jNmDIw[/YOUTUBE]

At the end of the sopranos, I felt shakey, confused and a little lost. I went for a smoke and realized it was the perfect end to the rollercoaster I had experienced since starting watching and that I was blessed to have been a part of it. Beautiful.

It played on my mind for a few days after watching it.

At the end of the sopranos, I felt shakey, confused and a little lost.

It played on my mind for a few days after watching it.

I finished it midweek at about 0030. Was still awake at around 2. Wasn't good for work the next day.

The only reason I remembered to bump this was I started thinking again before.

Last month I started working my way through this from the start. On the second season at the moment and last night watched episode 9 "From where to eternity" (see here), the first episode written by Michael Imperioli (who plays Christopher) I think.

Absolutely phenomenal episode. Has it all; the emotion, the violence, the humour, the music (it uses Otis Redding's 'My Lover's Prayer' to amazing effect).

Not seen the Shield but I can't see it being better than The Sopranos or The Wire.

I'd probably say the Shield is my favourite ever show. It depends what you want though and they're all great in their own ways. The Wire is completely immersive, and The Sopranos is an American cultural icon right up there with Cadillac or Elvis, but in terms of pure drama, pure intensity, acting and sheer 'what the fuck is going to happen next!?' nothing tops the Shield.

I'd probably say the Shield is my favourite ever show. It depends what you want though and they're all great in their own ways. The Wire is completely immersive, and The Sopranos is an American cultural icon right up there with Cadillac or Elvis, but in terms of pure drama, pure intensity, acting and sheer 'what the fuck is going to happen next!?' nothing tops the Shield.

That is some fucking rep coming from you Mark considering your appreciation of The Wire and Sopranos.

I've just bought the box set on the back of your post so I hope you feel the pressure bestowed upon you.

Isn't Herc in this?

That is some fucking rep coming from you Mark considering your appreciation of The Wire and Sopranos.

I've just bought the box set on the back of your post so I hope you feel the pressure bestowed upon you.

Isn't Herc in this?

Haha, that's some pressure!

Nah, Herc is like a brain damaged version of Mackey though.

The first season is good but it's not in the same league as the rest of the series so if it doesn't grab you immediately stick with it.

Haha, that's some pressure!

Nah, Herc is like a brain damaged version of Mackey though.

The first season is good but it's not in the same league as the rest of the series so if it doesn't grab you immediately stick with it.

'Better than The Wire and Sopranos' comes with pressure mate.

What cop series have I seen Herc advertised as part of then? Thought it was the Shield.

'Better than The Wire and Sopranos' comes with pressure mate.

What cop series have I seen Herc advertised as part of then? Thought it was the Shield.

Not sure, you deffo not getting him mixed up with Chiklis? The only cop thing I've seen Herc in was Miami Vice the film.